Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: The Grateful Thread  (Read 3587 times)

Endless Whisper

The Grateful Thread
« on: March 03, 2008, 03:06:30 AM »
Kinda rhymes with The Grateful Dead huh? But its not. This is the birth folder, and this is the Grateful Thread.

The Grateful Thread, I got inspired by Kris's post he did today. How important it is, we do look at things we should be grateful for, on a day to day basis though. Not just an overall inventory of things. But just, say something happens, and you're grateful for it, something that happened in the day.

I'm grateful my son and his little friend did the laundry. Yeah, ill fold it, but at least they washed it.

I'm grateful my kids are happy, and doing good in school, have friends and enjoy their lives. Though I do have to get on their ass all the time. But I know deep-down, they know deep-down, they're glad I do. I see little kids running around and their parents dont care what they're doing, and want to shake them. And other little badass kids and Im grateful mine aren't, badass kids.

I'm grateful that over the last several months, I had my challenges with work, being in a smaller city, tougher at times to do, find a decent job. But Ive managed to be able to work, pay bills, even though this winter was tough, even though my ex is an idiot, and not paying child support. Im surviving, and have proved to myself I can survive under any circumstances, come what may, im still standing.

Im grateful I have a full food in my fridge and my cabinets are stocked and bulging with food, cause there was a period when it was very tough paying the bills last year before I went to the two job grind. I never want to go through that again, but if I do, at least I know I'll pull through it.

I'm grateful im healthy for as long as it last. Ill just always do what I can to keep it that way, for as long as I can.

Im grateful Ive got spirit in my life, even though we go tit for tat now and then. We will spar on occasion, its a long sparring deal, yet strange love affair I have with spirit, and we'll wrestle. Spirit usually wins and has the last word, but ive managed to outwit the spirit on occasion when Ive been clever ;)

Im grateful spring is on the way, its creeping in. More sun than rain. I dealt with some really nasty snow times out here in lovely Washington. And when I say lovely im being facetious. Winter was hell on me, but its made me really experience that longing for spring, and so its a strange blessing in disguise. It grated my nerves badly, but I realized it did that, so I'd have that appreciation.

I'm grateful that Ive been able to learn many skills to be able to deal with the hard knocks of life. Granted, many hard knocks ive had are of my own doing, per my own choices Ive made. Others, sometimes feel like the past wont let loose its grip on my life and Im still struggling with past doings. But ive loosened many tangles from my past, as Im creating more and more in the present, a better life for myself, aiming toward the infinite, I untangle and that untangling gets me closer and closer there. Ive solved a lot of riddles with doing that one.

Im grateful that I dont have any wild hangups over who I am. I love me, and I dont want to be anybody else but me. I know many folks who are just not happy being in their own skin. I dont have that issue. I think im that way, cause it took a long time from the past, really having to uncover who I was after many years. Im still discovering that, more and more. Im thankful I got a head start in the game, and I didnt begin the path, like in my sixties or something, wasting too much time only to wake up one day and say "Hey, I didnt live a life being true to myself - what the hell have I done with my life all these years?" I know, push comes to shove, I wont make that mistake. I dont wake up like that now, I wont then either. I dont see it.

Im thankful that moving up here, got to be near my family, also friends Ive met up here, Ive met some really cool people along the way. Its a different sort of community out here, far different from Arizona was. Id hate the thought of living in one state all my life, so Im glad to experience living in another place, it helps me learn different things about myself.

Im thankful for this place and you guys too. Glad to know some folks are nutty like me - good to know ;) Then I can wax zen with folks and they understand what the hell im talking about. Not that everyone in here, always knows what im talking about :)

K I began it. Anyone want to contribute later feel free :)

Offline Sky

• Sprout
Re: The Grateful Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 07:38:39 AM »
This is a wonderful thread.. your thoughts and sharing here are beautiful.

Im grateful for the way the sun touches the tops of the trees in the morning and moves down their center to the earth slowly..

Im grateful for all the song birds who visit my humble home when they could be anywhere...

Im grateful for my health.. as turning as that can be at times, Ive been given another day...

Im grateful for my companions, all the wonderful people that surround me..

Im just grateful...

Endless Whisper

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 07:46:40 AM »
Im grateful Jen showed up on The Grateful Thread ;)

Also, I suppose....

I'm grateful spring is only two weeks away. The weather has actually been very, very gorgeous and I'm thankful for that.

I'm grateful my son worked on his homework last night, though he was squeezing in myspace when he thought I wasn't looking, but he got his work finished ;)

I'm grateful they've been keeping up on the house since I spring cleaned it the other day *whew* so far so good.

I'm grateful I have good friends and family.

Im grateful All is Spirit.

Offline Sky

• Sprout
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 08:04:11 AM »
 :-*

Spring does feel good.. Im still in the midst of much snow, but the days are growing longer in day light and things are starting to stir...

Im grateful for the long winter Ive just had.. the time to just slow down and see where 'Im at'  It gives me a clear view of what comes next... if action is or isnt taken to change that..

Grateful for each hug that is given and received..

littlefeather

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 04:24:50 PM »
I am grateful for both of you, Ellen and Jennifer.

Playing with the word grateful, I see it as great and full!
So I am also grateful that I am great and full!
And that we all are and that the world is, too!

Offline Sky

• Sprout
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 04:58:47 PM »
Great and Full..  :-*

When we take a moment to be thankful, to have gratitude for the wonderful small moments in our lives it breaks way and whispers to further abundance. In our giving its like we are giving birth to a space for love to live.

Im grateful for understanding this the best I humbly can and to be strong in the face of adversity knowing its yet another blessing of truth.

Endless Whisper

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »
I am grateful for both of you, Ellen and Jennifer.

Playing with the word grateful, I see it as great and full!
So I am also grateful that I am great and full!
And that we all are and that the world is, too!

I'm grateful you're back in here and joined on up   :-* Wouldnt be the same here without ya Lor, I mean it!  ;)

littlefeather

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »
I'm grateful you're back in here and joined on up   :-* Wouldnt be the same here without ya Lor, I mean it!  ;)

:-*