Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Welcome to Restless Soma  (Read 8950 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
Welcome to Restless Soma
« on: August 31, 2006, 07:24:18 AM »
This place is for people to share and discuss their path in spirit.

Any tradition is welcome, except the nasty ones.

I ask that people show respect for each other, and offer support and advise, friendship and the companionship of travellers on a long and dusty road, through crowds and alone. We all have our own path, and though many turns are common, it is our own feet that will walk, our own eyes that will see, and our own memories.

This is not a place to rave indulgently, and disrespect is not acceptable. Criticism is allowed, and expect a feisty defence. But wasting time in unnecessary negativity will be reined in.

Don't be shy - say what you see. Be genuine, and intelligent, and you will find friends here.

Michael
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 08:08:37 AM by Michael »

Hawk Feather

Re: Welcome to Restless Soma
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 09:22:17 AM »
Nice website Michael, thanks!

Offline journey

• Sprout
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 02:15:10 AM »
This place is for people to share and discuss their path in spirit.

Any tradition is welcome, except the nasty ones.

I ask that people show respect for each other, and offer support and advise, friendship and the companionship of travellers on a long and dusty road, through crowds and alone. We all have our own path, and though many turns are common, it is our own feet that will walk, our own eyes that will see, and our own memories.

This is not a place to rave indulgently, and disrespect is not acceptable. Criticism is allowed, and expect a feisty defence. But wasting time in unnecessary negativity will be reined in.

Don't be shy - say what you see. Be genuine, and intelligent, and you will find friends here.

Michael

Thank you by the way.  thank you.
toltecwarrior

Yellow Scarf

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 03:26:01 AM »
Good morning Michael,

Can I ask, do you feel your forum has developed how you intended it to? What is your current view of it? Do you feel all or some of the old intent that was tied into relations through Toltec Nagual have been worked through? Do you see love moving through your site?

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
Re: Welcome to Restless Soma - New Phase
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:31 PM »
New phase here in Restless Soma, and some re-emphasis of ground rules, before the next show begins.

Abusive language is not allowed! I will remove into the Smelly Armpit Bardo any posts that suck. And the whole post will go. If I miss any, anyone can alert me to them.

We have a tradition of constructive provocation, but it had better be constructive, as negativity grows like cancer. I recommend if you must engage this way, you use honesty and respect in your challenges, instead of smart-arse provoking. Of course it is part of this forum that we try to point out where another is pinned, but that needs to be done with respect for the person - ultimately they are the owners of their journey, although sharing insights can be valuable.

I have had enough of the Old Bardo, and will remove it from sight, although anything destined for that hole will be duly moved. If you are from the old TNF or elsewhere, and have bitches never resolved, then you've had enough time, and we are all heartily sick of it. Use a new name and start completely fresh.

It goes without saying that duplicity and desire to hurt others for your own warped pleasure, are not on in Restless Soma. If you claim that DJ did it, and if I think you are on a par with him, I will allow you. Otherwise it is self-deception, and that is not encouraged here.

Can I make two requests for my own sanity?  Please refrain from tediously long posts of stream-of-consciousness drivel. think twice before you put together a post. AND please refrain from meaningless long threads of knee-jerk little quips without thought - again, stop and ponder, then say something deliberate. That is my personal request - be deliberate, but still spontaneous.

Lastly, don't expect me to fair according to your view-point. And don't expect me to explain.

Alright, fight fair, be honest, and love passionately...

ding!

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
Re: Welcome to Restless Soma - New Phase
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 11:56:48 PM »
From Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People".  Doing this isn't easy, especially when dealing with irrational people...

Twelve Ways of Winning People to Your Way of Thinking

1.   The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
2.   Show respect for the other person’s opinions.  Never tell a person they are wrong.
3.   If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
4.   Begin in a friendly way.
5.   Get the other person saying “yes, yes” immediately.
6.   Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
7.   Let the other person feel that the idea is theirs.
8.   Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
9.   Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
10.   Appeal to the nobler motives.
11.   Dramatize your ideas.
12.   Throw down a challenge.

Offline DancingRain

• Tadpole
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
From Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People".  Doing this isn't easy, especially when dealing with irrational people...

Twelve Ways of Winning People to Your Way of Thinking

1.   The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
2.   Show respect for the other person’s opinions.  Never tell a person they are wrong.
3.   If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
4.   Begin in a friendly way.
5.   Get the other person saying “yes, yes” immediately.
6.   Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
7.   Let the other person feel that the idea is theirs.
8.   Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
9.   Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
10.   Appeal to the nobler motives.
11.   Dramatize your ideas.
12.   Throw down a challenge.

Words to live by in any situation :D

I am DancingRain.  I started along my desired path years ago, looking back I see many lessons and a long road ahead.

Offline journey

• Sprout
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 07:40:36 PM »
Welcome Dancing Rain!!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 01:08:10 AM by journey »
toltecwarrior

Offline DancingRain

• Tadpole
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 07:52:18 PM »
 ;D

Thank You!

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 08:23:11 PM »
welcome aboard DancingRain.

Offline DancingRain

• Tadpole
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »
Thank you
 ;D

Wind Child

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2007, 09:16:14 AM »
Nice to meet you DancingRain.  You seem familiar.  Or maybe it's just our names are similar? ::)
I'm dancing, too! :-*

Offline zenandnow

• Sprout
    • Giovanni Sollima - Daydream (part 1)
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 12:50:50 PM »
to dancingrain and dancing raven good to see you both.   
"When you were a wandering desire in the mist, I too was there, a wandering desire.  Then we sought one another, and out of our eagerness dreams were born.  And when you were a silent word upon life's quivering lips, I too was there, another silent word.  Then life uttered us and...-Kahlil Gibran

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
Login poblems
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 07:00:53 PM »
Anyone trying to login to RS may experience difficulties. This is since I upgraded to the latest version - something has altered in the code and I'll need to look into it when I get time.

Meanwhile, after attempting to login from the front page, you will be redirected to the default smf login page, which will work, and it remembers your credentials, so that is not too bad while I try to fix the issue.

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2018, 09:08:59 AM »
No trouble logging in. I tried to upload an avatar, it says that its not writable. I've done this before although I'm not very technical , it seems this is a new glitch.