Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Rules of Restless Soma  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
Rules of Restless Soma
« on: August 30, 2008, 04:46:15 AM »
Yes, every place in the universe has rules, and these are they for Restless Soma.

Please read and observe:

The main rule is respect, even for those we don't like.

Respect is not a principle of the Path, it is a principle of the Heart,
and a principle for Restless Soma.

Restless Soma belongs to a network of associated forums. Inflammatory or abusive remarks about any of these forums or their members will not be tolerated, and I should not have to spell that out. That is simply common decency.

We encourage everyone to participate in communications back-channel, ie by the Personal Message facility or email. But this rule applies to those interactions as much as public posts. Otherwise the beneficial fabric of this forum will be undermined.

If you have concerns or feel someone's behaviour is inappropriate, complain to me if you are unable for any reason to speak effectively to those involved. I will take your concerns on board, and respond as I see fit. I will try to explain my response to you or the whole board, if that is possible, but I may do it in an indirect way.

This forum requires it's members to be alert and sensitive. Some issues will be hinted at, or referred to indirectly in the normal posting process.

If you are unhappy with my response or my explanations (or lack there of in your opinion), then you either provide me the benefit of the doubt, or you are free to leave. That is what I would expect from another forum, and what we offer here. (Previously we had problems with some people deleting the accounts of others, so we had to deny that option. However it has now been reinstated.)

But I recommend if you are dissatisfied with the way this forum treats you, just let it sit for awhile, and don't go deleting your account at the drop of a hat. Think on it for a time - I can assure you no decisions are taken lightly, and there are very good reasons behind everything that occurs here.

This is a place of learning. Consider first before you demand, that you may be here to learn, or to offer support for the process of learning, instead of demanding everyone else adopts your viewpoint.

Respect for the members of this forum, the forum itself, associated forums, and their members: that is the mood of common decency we ask. I ask. And if you want my support and assistance, you will recognise that what I am asking here is a law of the heart, and no one will be going anywhere, let along on the Path, without first adhering to this law.

That does not mean we do not confront bluntly, but that confrontation should never belittle the spirit of another.

breeze

Re: Rules of Restless Soma
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 12:01:07 AM »
~~Good Post~~

breeze

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 10:59:29 AM »
Perhaps a reminder is in order:

Yes, every place in the universe has rules, and these are they for Restless Soma.

Please read and observe:

The main rule is respect, even for those we don't like.

Respect is not a principle of the Path, it is a principle of the Heart,
and a principle for Restless Soma.

Restless Soma belongs to a network of associated forums. Inflammatory or abusive remarks about any of these forums or their members will not be tolerated, and I should not have to spell that out. That is simply common decency.

We encourage everyone to participate in communications back-channel, ie by the Personal Message facility or email. But this rule applies to those interactions as much as public posts. Otherwise the beneficial fabric of this forum will be undermined.

If you have concerns or feel someone's behaviour is inappropriate, complain to me if you are unable for any reason to speak effectively to those involved. I will take your concerns on board, and respond as I see fit. I will try to explain my response to you or the whole board, if that is possible, but I may do it in an indirect way.

This forum requires it's members to be alert and sensitive. Some issues will be hinted at, or referred to indirectly in the normal posting process.

If you are unhappy with my response or my explanations (or lack there of in your opinion), then you either provide me the benefit of the doubt, or you are free to leave. That is what I would expect from another forum, and what we offer here. (Previously we had problems with some people deleting the accounts of others, so we had to deny that option. However it has now been reinstated.)

But I recommend if you are dissatisfied with the way this forum treats you, just let it sit for awhile, and don't go deleting your account at the drop of a hat. Think on it for a time - I can assure you no decisions are taken lightly, and there are very good reasons behind everything that occurs here.

This is a place of learning. Consider first before you demand, that you may be here to learn, or to offer support for the process of learning, instead of demanding everyone else adopts your viewpoint.

Respect for the members of this forum, the forum itself, associated forums, and their members: that is the mood of common decency we ask. I ask. And if you want my support and assistance, you will recognise that what I am asking here is a law of the heart, and no one will be going anywhere, let along on the Path, without first adhering to this law.

That does not mean we do not confront bluntly, but that confrontation should never belittle the spirit of another.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 12:51:29 PM »
(Previously we had problems with some people deleting the accounts of others, so we had to deny that option. However it has now been reinstated.)

But I disinstated it again. Just ask me, and I'll let you free ;).