Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: The last thought  (Read 5053 times)

Offline Endless~Knot

• Storm
The last thought
« on: September 14, 2009, 04:17:03 PM »
I was thinking today on the topic of the last thought when we die. Ill explain.

Recently I watched the documentary Fierce Grace based on the life of Ram Dass, esp after his stroke. It had to do with his life, but also when he 'stroked' as he put it. He said, on the day of the stroke, he fell to the floor, but even though he'd led his whole life, spiritually devoted pretty much, he didnt have one single spiritual thought come to mind. And, that he 'failed the test.' That this was very important, to have a spiritual thought, esp on the cusp of death.

I recently rewatched Gandhi, and also read a bit how he said, when he died, the last words on his lips would be the name of God. Different translations are for what he said. Some said he said He Ram. Others, Rama Rama Rama but for the most part, most say he said He Ram.

Martin Luther King no one says he said anything when he was shot but in his last speech "Lord" was the last word that he used. Both men obvioulsy died in similar ways for similar causes.

So I was thinking to myself, perhaps this is very important, that when we die, our last thoughts must be on spiritual thots. Unclouded with things of the 'world' or esp regrets. If one is waiting to die and is say, regretting their life or the things they 'coulda done' then it would be a waste.

Perhaps we have a chance on our last breath to make sure life has not been a waste on our last thoughts, and perhaps, life strangely ends up going the way it should, regardless to what we do.

Im not sure what my last thots will be. But I do have it in mind myself, it will be very important to where I put my focus, and how I hold on.
“Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
Re: The last thought
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 04:01:28 AM »
that is correct.

to be quick enough to throw everything to your ultimate intent, first you have to have an ultimate intent, then you have to have it on your mind every moment of your day.

Offline Endless~Knot

• Storm
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »
that is correct.

to be quick enough to throw everything to your ultimate intent, first you have to have an ultimate intent, then you have to have it on your mind every moment of your day.

Yes, does seem to be the case. I tend to myself, have life and death on my mind each day in some capacity. I need however, the middle ground to that, too. That half-way mark in between the two I think if I have a shot at anything. Keeping up on my spiritual thots.
“Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Tributary
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 02:34:30 PM »
So I was thinking to myself, perhaps this is very important, that when we die, our last thoughts must be on spiritual thots. Unclouded with things of the 'world' or esp regrets. If one is waiting to die and is say, regretting their life or the things they 'coulda done' then it would be a waste.

Take this for what it's worth ... but once I had a "vision" that Castaneda's last thought was how annoying the grackles outside his window were. Grackles make this one particular sound which resembles carnival tricks -- it ascends up to a very high pitch, then rapidly descends, like an antic of slapstick comedy.

I'm not taking too seriously that this was CC's last earthly impression - surely that must be my own projection. But what if one's medical condition makes one less than in top form? What if, through illness or injury or some deteriorated state, one's last bid simply does not reflect a lifetime of one's work? That possibility seems all too likely.

So then, one's death-hope completely relies upon the work we do now. A foundation will have been so thoroughly laid out and built upon, that surely Spirit will know its own... (or will it?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ellen ... this was a great thread. This forum is chock full of thoughtful material by you.  :)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 05:42:26 AM »
A good way to practice, is to specify the last thought you have before sleep, before eat, and during sex - keep it on the most absolute plane you can imagine - your ultimate goal (which might kill your sex).

breeze

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 09:35:08 AM »
I dreamed this a few weeks ago.  I dreamed I was lying in my bed, dying and my last thought as I hovered between being in my body and being above it and looking down on my dying self, was just to retain my awareness at the point of death.  Even though it was tempting to become sidetracked by the feelings, the regret and fear and the waves of cold fire passsing through me, I kept saying to myself "remember!  remember!  This is what you have been working for. This is it."   It was a nice trial run, just hope I do so well when the time comes.

Take this for what it's worth ... but once I had a "vision" that Castaneda's last thought was how annoying the grackles outside his window were. Grackles make this one particular sound which resembles carnival tricks -- it ascends up to a very high pitch, then rapidly descends, like an antic of slapstick comedy.

I'm not taking too seriously that this was CC's last earthly impression - surely that must be my own projection. But what if one's medical condition makes one less than in top form? What if, through illness or injury or some deteriorated state, one's last bid simply does not reflect a lifetime of one's work? That possibility seems all too likely.

So then, one's death-hope completely relies upon the work we do now. A foundation will have been so thoroughly laid out and built upon, that surely Spirit will know its own... (or will it?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ellen ... this was a great thread. This forum is chock full of thoughtful material by you.  :)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 02:30:39 AM »
I dreamed this a few weeks ago.  I dreamed I was lying in my bed, dying and my last thought as I hovered between being in my body and being above it and looking down on my dying self, was just to retain my awareness at the point of death.  Even though it was tempting to become sidetracked by the feelings, the regret and fear and the waves of cold fire passsing through me, I kept saying to myself "remember!  remember!  This is what you have been working for. This is it."   It was a nice trial run, just hope I do so well when the time comes.

That's a good dream.

Offline Endless~Knot

• Storm
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 08:40:54 PM »
That's a good dream.

Its a very good dream, because one of the facets in crossing over is we have to remember the self.

I dont want to be like Ram Dass and not have a spiritual 'thing' on my mind. I need to be prepared for the event of my death. I know I have to remember myself to retain what bit of 'essence' I have which is real and valid, so I can take it with me.

I don't want to lose myself and be a leaf in the wind.