Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Revolver  (Read 2812 times)

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Tributary
Revolver
« on: September 17, 2011, 02:58:48 PM »
Revolver

It's a British film. Lots of thugs, blood and gore, surrealistically depicted. The viewer begins to wonder if it is a British film trying to be an American film. Symbolism is oozing out all over the place. It has pretenses to art. Is it like The Matrix? Is it like The Art of War? Is it influenced by one of the great directors of the 20th century, like Bergmann or Fellini?

Following the narrative is far more complex than playing chess.

And then... as the credits are rolling, there are people like Deepak Chopra making commentary.

"The greatest con [of the ego's] is to make the self believe that the ego is the self."

Interesting film. Depressing, but interesting nonetheless.

Kal

Re: Revolver
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »

I get an idea of the film by Beethoven's Sonata No.14 ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_Sonata_No._14_%28Beethoven%29 )

Beethoven was one great musician.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 05:54:40 AM »
I did listen much to Beethoven in my early days, but of all the classical stuff, only Rachmaninov continued to enthral me.

I'll keep Revolver in mind, although I have to confess I tend to watch mainly Bollywood and other Indian State's films these days. Unless Julie presses me to see something, like The Killing. In the past I was a lover of Japanese films.

The trouble with most US films, especially those which try to uncover the hidden secrets of life, is that they spin threads of mystery and complexity within their own paradigm - they can't break clear, for some reason, although they speak of it endlessly. I find that sad.

Nonetheless, I will make a big effort to see The Hobbit and The Life of Pi, having read both books.

Meanwhile, I could recommend a film to you Nik: Waking Life.

Kal

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:56:24 AM »

Meanwhile, I could recommend a film to you Nik: Waking Life.

thanks, I will see the film.

Kal

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »

Michael, is the Waking life film an animated film?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243017/

I don't quitely watch animated films but I have it dowloaded , although I want it to see on TV/DVD.

Prefering it.

On computer my feeling is not 'quite right'.

But thanks, the scenario looks 'set' for me.

Kal

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »
I used to love the 80's animated ones; especialy the ones with 'robotic ...science'...