Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Portal Offering  (Read 3754 times)

Offline Lex Silentio

• Tadpole
Portal Offering
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:54:58 PM »
In keeping with portal guidelines here, I will venture forth and offer a little of where I am at right now. Some of that private stuff.

This is perhaps the strangest part of my present so far. Long ago I determined not to just leave, content with what I had gained spiritually speaking. My intent was to take my vision and anchor it as firmly as possible in the midst of everyday life. If I let escape any hint of spirituality I would consider it a mistake on my part. Jesus was my model at that time, the undocumented years of his life. I figured if I could successfully anchor this light here deeply embedded in the world then that light would shine in its own way and it would draw to itself and illuminate in ways I might not even be privy to. That was twenty five years ago. But that was then this is now.

I was not aware of the consequences of such a decision, how could I? it has been quite a ride. Now it matters not if I speak or nor. Silence and speech and action have become the same thing.

Along the way I had to deal with hope and fear. It is not easy to become detached from these two passions, especially hope. But it became clear that these two passions were keeping me from the present. Hope keeps one looking ahead and fear keeps one looking back. Different spiritual traditions speak of the importance of being present in “the now” and this was certainly one of my aspirations. My thoughts at that time were that had to be a good thing. Oh like everyone else I had had brief moments of being completely in the now some times some very extended periods. But along the way something unexpected has crept in with this. It is not what I had expected at all.

I now seems to be present more than I am not. Oh I can still do most of the things everyone else does and to an onlooker it would appear that there was nothing special going on at all, if fact it is becoming that way for me too when I am able to consider myself.

What I can say is that “I am acquiring a taste” for this. (A theme I saw in a thread here somewhere). But that is the unexpected part that I would have to acquire a taste for this present. You see at first I found extremely distasteful, I still do to some extent although I am accustoming myself to this after years of it. Being present cost something. In fact it costs everything, even much of that good spiritual stuff. My aversion to this present now was the loss of a perceived spiritual life that would bask in the joys of spiritual accomplishment. The fear of losing that would keep me tied to the past. Learning to live without what was so hard won is not for the timid.

When I look at the elderly, (my work takes me into nursing homes everyday) and I see the dementia and the aloneness and the alzheimer’s, I can relate. I am not unfamiliar with their silence. This present requires a certain amount of forgetting. But it is not just a forgetting of precious memories and the identity associated with those memories it is disengaging from memory itself as a viable way of navigating this present. Part of the distaste is laziness. Reaching for the familiar through memory is so easy and it is right there available, until it is not. Access to tried and true routines now require attention that were just automatic before. (This is very disruptive to a golf swing.) I mean standing at address over the ball and it all feeling like it was the first time ever! Very disquieting, especially when everyone is looking at you and you are wondering “How long have I been standing here,” lol.

And yet, as I am being swallowed whole, without a trace, I am still present, pellucid. Just a lazy urban yogi!

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
Re: Portal Offering
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 05:49:05 PM »
My intent was to take my vision and anchor it as firmly as possible in the midst of everyday life. If I let escape any hint of spirituality I would consider it a mistake on my part. Jesus was my model at that time, the undocumented years of his life. I figured if I could successfully anchor this light here deeply embedded in the world then that light would shine in its own way and it would draw to itself and illuminate in ways I might not even be privy to.

This gives me a laugh Lex. In my younger days I spent a lot of time studying urban and rural guerrilla warfare. For some reason it became an obsession of mine. Once I had stumbled onto the path, I was able to employ my guerrilla warfare knowledge and mood for exactly the purpose you describe above. Once I was over the phase of telling everyone about these ideas, and began to knuckle down seriously, I realised I had to sustain all my practices, not so much in 'secret', but simply sans any desire to explain or moralise to others. Even my closest friends knew nothing of my true alignment, which manifested primarily in a completely different attitude to all the little and big things in life. The hardest thing for me was to restrain my humour, as I have an annoying habit of seeing the funny side of people's façades. People did eventually let me know they did not appreciate jokes about them, which made them feel uncomfortable in some way they couldn't quite understand.

I mean standing at address over the ball and it all feeling like it was the first time ever! Very disquieting, especially when everyone is looking at you and you are wondering “How long have I been standing here,” lol.

I went through an evolving phase of this. It first happened, not long after I had begun the path, when one evening I was sitting at dinner with my parents and sister, and it suddenly dawned on me that I didn't have a clue who these people were! This got worse over the years, when in the midst of some activity, I would have exactly the same experience you describe - sometimes more debilitating than others. I had to fight to regain that which everyone is familiar with, where you know how to play the next part. It was worse in the middle of meetings, when the ball would fall to me to speak, and I'd find myself realising: me? here? what are we all doing? - it was like a timeless gap, that I had to consciously fire up to stumble across. Not the best for business.

Over the years I developed the skill to work both sides at the same time. I found my body was able to keep the actions going while my mind stood back and gazed at the moment. It has become an almost perennial state for me now, only broken when a situation demands total concentration. The best times for this awareness are when I am caught in a situation where someone around me is spinning out with anger or emotional upset of some kind. My awareness seems to become ejected forceably, while I look on at the absurdity of how strong emotions cut us off from the life-force surrounding us.

Offline Lex Silentio

• Tadpole
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:59:45 PM »
when one evening I was sitting at dinner with my parents and sister, and it suddenly dawned on me that I didn't have a clue who these people were! This got worse over the years, when in the midst of some activity, I would have exactly the same experience you describe - sometimes more debilitating than others. I had to fight to regain that which everyone is familiar with, where you know how to play the next part.  Michael

Chuckle...yes that's it where you say, "this got worse over the years" for the longest time I kept expecting (hoping) there would be a complete adjustment, never did find that. I am still acquiring that taste. I guess I should have read the fine print but I must have skipped over that part during the trickery of the spirit phase.

Having read and absorbed much from various spiritual traditions I don't have the luxury any more to practice any of them. My life demands so much immediacy that sheer pragmatism seems to be the only viable option available. There is not even time to consider how it appears. And yet this affords me openings I would never have sought.

Offline Lex Silentio

• Tadpole
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 07:00:27 PM »
when one evening I was sitting at dinner with my parents and sister, and it suddenly dawned on me that I didn't have a clue who these people were! This got worse over the years, when in the midst of some activity, I would have exactly the same experience you describe - sometimes more debilitating than others. I had to fight to regain that which everyone is familiar with, where you know how to play the next part.  Michael

[/color]
Chuckle...yes that's it where you say, "this got worse over the years" for the longest time I kept expecting (hoping) there would be a complete adjustment, never did find that. I am still acquiring that taste. I guess I should have read the fine print but I must have skipped over that part during the trickery of the spirit phase.

Having read and absorbed much from various spiritual traditions I don't have the luxury any more to practice any of them. My life demands so much immediacy that sheer pragmatism seems to be the only viable option available. There is not even time to consider how it appears. And yet this affords me openings I would never have sought.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 05:38:50 AM »
"pellucid": love that word Lex!

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 09:15:39 AM »
Lex
, i am wondering , does the loss of hope and fear in
That way make navigation different in a sense of direction ? Does it allow the removal of building up and tearing down . I was pondering this today . The mind was playing games after stuff ups at work wore me out dragging the day on . does that state stay ? And the mind steps aside for this something else?

Offline Lex Silentio

• Tadpole
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 02:59:50 PM »
Runningstream. Just saw this.   I am very GPS dependent now lol