Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Runningstream  (Read 10189 times)

Kal

Re: Runningstream
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 11:45:03 AM »

Rs, it was just a song by Schiller.

(-Dream of you)

Wanted just to put up a tone.

~

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 03:41:10 AM »
Nikos,
I went and found the song , i had not heard it before .
I enjoyed thanks .
Made me think of a question my friend asked when i shared something , " why did you feel like you needed to share at all " to which i replied   
" because its a lonely path , and you are the one who understands , so it helps me break up that loneliness on the path".
Then with total understanding , replied back " ok yes :) "
So i would say i am extremely lucky to have even one person to share the space with. :)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 04:15:15 AM »
Rs, it was just a song by Schiller.

(-Dream of you)

Wanted just to put up a tone.

~

Schiller, Nik ... my, you are more informed than I have given you credit!

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 04:20:29 AM »
That was somewhere Round 2 years possibly ago michael i am not very good at remembering in time measurements :)
a couple months ago i have had another experience awake and quite different , it seems precisely or not :) we have stumbled in it with your diety in the egypt thread . And i am glad we are going there " third attention" because that was frightening in a different way , i was given the word before " sacrosanct" when approaching that subject in
My mind .
something felt pressing in the timing and i am still curious about that .

2 years is nothing. My current deity? Ah... stories I could tell.

Re the third attention:

"On the day when the lotus bloomed, alas, my mind was straying,
and I knew it not. My basket was empty and the flower remained unheeded.

Only now and again a sadness fell upon me, and I started up from my
dream and felt a sweet trace of a strange fragrance in the south wind.

That vague sweetness made my heart ache with longing and it seemed to
me that it was the eager breath of the summer seeking for its completion.

I knew not then that it was so near, that it was mine, and that this
perfect sweetness had blossomed in the depth of my own heart."

RT

Kal

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2013, 04:40:15 AM »
Schiller, Nik ... my, you are more informed than I have given you credit!

Youtube recommendations work so well for me,

but I have heard of Schiller from the past, even though I had not spent much time and attention.

Kal

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 06:01:41 AM »
Nikos,
I went and found the song , i had not heard it before .
I enjoyed thanks .
Made me think of a question my friend asked when i shared something , " why did you feel like you needed to share at all " to which i replied  
" because its a lonely path , and you are the one who understands , so it helps me break up that loneliness on the path".
Then with total understanding , replied back " ok yes :) "
So i would say i am extremely lucky to have even one person to share the space with. :)

the space, yeah..

count me too.

I 'm living in a house where I want to live off from but have nowhere to go for now.

I bet in two things, balance and someone enter my life, with the later being somehow the only passage for my life to continue better, though more complex since "new".

I often find myself thinking about a life-off if you understand me since I have not that someone , and, nothing to live for.

~ :)~

Kal

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 06:43:34 AM »
Youtube recommendations work so well for me,

but I have heard of Schiller from the past, even though I had not spent much time and attention.

Michael,

You might like to hear the omonymous (-Schiller)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »
Nik, I think your are referring to Schiller's homonymous trilogy, with which I have not been acquainted. I gather it deals with some kind of conflict between reason (the new fascination of the intelligent class of those days) and the older authority model of values. Seems to me the same thing still goes on today, as witnessed recently by the Bradley Manning saga.

I have known about Schiller, from my days when I was deep into Hermann Hesse, Nietzsche, Goethe, and Schopenhauer et al, who all seemed to speak highly of Schiller. The main reference I recall was one about the counterpoint between perfection which leads to stagnation, and the kind of vitality in imperfection as aligned with Prometheus. Apparently Schiller wrote something significant about this, which I never did find.

That was all back in my twenties, when I was just discovering the European thought tradition, which eventually bored me, especially after discovering the Indian thought tradition.

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 03:28:50 AM »
maybe i missed something re : music , philosophy
Or maybe not , does also remind me of something injust wrote about adding the element of spirit to the balance of mother father symmetry as the ingrediant to turn the wheel . Michael , how is it that something becomes a cuurent diety or such ?
Does the wheel keep turning onward .
Thankyou for sharing the poetry i do love poetry :)
Can you please share
A little re the story , of the third indescribable , did you turn the wheel ?
It seemed i moved the wheel entirely

Kal

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 03:53:41 AM »
maybe i missed something re : music

Yeah, I was referring to Schiller's homonymous song.

here it is .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4QtQQuu-M4

The moon is void of course right now but it doesn't matter.You can listen to it whenever you please.

Nik - ~

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 05:00:04 AM »
I will just accept it as metaphor then :) i will of course anyway

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 05:02:46 AM »
Perfection which leads to stagnation hmmm , where does the push come from ? Well in fact it is a stairway , and the stairway is the aspiration and desire to step on and on , acheiving evolving dream , i like to ask questions to push against that membrane

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 05:05:13 AM »
Some questions not answered so quickly so experience overruns the theories

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 06:34:07 AM »
Michael , how is it that something becomes a cuurent diety or such ?

Can you please share
A little re the story , of the third indescribable , did you turn the wheel ?

Just quickly runningstream - Indian gods are not really gods. They are 'aspects' of brahman, which is indescribable. This is not easy to explain. You could say they are illusory interfaces to the unknowable, made in our likeness, so we have a handle. I have travelled to India many times, and each time I became acquainted with a different deity.  These are archetypes, but they are far more than that - when you deal with a god in India, you are able to actually meet that god. For a psychological traveller like me, that possibility is a real trip of an experience. Outside of India, you are just dealing with the archetypal principle, which is no small thing.

During the last four trips, I allowed the gods themselves to come to me - whichever one popped up, I adopted, and set out to explore it's knowledge. The last trip, it was Anjaneya, also known as Hanuman. But he has grown more and more ... I could not even begin to describe the incredibleness of this guy, and his availability! He is one deity that Indians know extremely well, but non-Indians haven't a clue about him. Suffice to say, he is the only deity of the Indian pantheon who is still officially, bodily active in the world - as an incarnation of Shiva he is deathless.

Turning the wheel: I'm sorry runningstream, for reasons indicated elsewhere on this forum recently, I don't like talking about such things. I mean, what possible use could it serve to speculate on the meaning of such an image? If you are a dreamer, then I suggest you get hold of a potter's wheel or a bicycle wheel - watch it turning for a long time. Then allow your double to bring you a vision in dreaming.

Third indescribable: not sure what you are asking there.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 06:54:16 AM »
Yeah, I was referring to Schiller's homonymous song.

here it is .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4QtQQuu-M4

Obviously a generational thing. You are talking about a music group who somehow aligns themselves with, and names themselves after, the historical poet Friedrich von Schiller. German electronic music, which is quite good from my watching that YT link.

I just think it's funny how often I come across the younger generation's knowledge of old cultural monuments, not by direct connection, but through some modern outfit who has simply swiped the name. I mean, if I mentioned Faust, would you think of a music band, or of Goethe?

Nevermind Nik, I have enjoyed your musical links.