Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Thinking about the Eagle and 'Total freedom'.  (Read 13652 times)

Offline nemo

• Sprout
Re: Thinking about the Eagle and 'Total freedom'.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
Cockburn would be interested if he did not know, it may be some strange downunder thingy, I will tell him if I get a chance. He is a pocket Christian so he would be displeased at the message. The song though is a bit cagey though so maybe it was on porpoise.

but just maybe........  Nick= a colloquialism for the devil
All that is not based on truth shall crumble and fall, much that crumbles and falls was once truth --- nemo

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 02:57:02 AM »
the archetypes still exist
in somewhat at least
their original form
even down to the names
woven into the fabric of existence

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 04:56:26 AM »
the archetypes still exist
in somewhat at least
their original form
even down to the names
woven into the fabric of existence

Yes, I agree. But are those your words running?

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 05:53:31 AM »
it is the realisation unfolding
and the alignment to those realisations
as its unfolding
so in
that light
yes and no
its written in the water
as your texts
and my own alignment
actually
its a completely engulfing realisation
of a tiered existence
playing out
if you mean have i borrowed those words
then of course
if you mean their structure being familiar
possibly i cant say
if you mean something else speaking through me ?
then it is the archetype
describing itself possibly
and that realisation
is based on reality
the reality that can be aligned with directly

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 06:11:19 AM »
now my question is
about past lives
relaying
and the "compression of time "
yet not in the ordinary sense
you would immediately think of
as awareness
progressing
"all at once"
scars and battles
entering awareness yet
replaying throughout
"time"
sequentially
entering one another
in infinte timing

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2014, 07:41:50 AM »
Nick: "One idea of mine I honor is that to be free of the Eagle 'equalizes' grandly with being free of the foreign installation"

M: I can't agree with this, from my experience. To free ourselves from the FI is only a step along the way. But then, in terms of direction, it does equalise. Just that the journey is always much more profound than we can imagine. There are always new lessons and revelations, new acquiring of 'knowledge' through tunnels of hard work.

Nemo: "I would be interested in hearing what your take on what the totality of the self is then if you feel this "always" and "we" in this statement is absolute?"

M: "there is a point at which those obligations dissolve"

Nemo: "We must be careful to not say the world is definitely like this or like that"

M: Alas, my time for observing that truth has passed. I have realised in the past I have erred in being over spiritually-correct. That posture is only for adepts to discuss over a cup of Oolong. It is irresponsible to observe it when directing some wayward traveller to the nearest shelter. In such a case, we have to have the courage to call a decisive choice, knowing full well it may be wrong. Only recently one such choice of mine proved disastrously wrong, but there you go - we are called to act, and act we must. To dither is a worse error than to act wrongly, because how can we possibly know what is wrong or right?

Nemo: "It would be safe to say then if someone is aware of flyers and moves away from their influence, has there assemblage point moved to a unique bubble of perception etherically that does not have them as part of their local experience."

M: I always come back to this point with you Nemo - the phrase 'moves away' is so easily said, but not so easily accomplished. My point is that the art is not so much the limitations of our own vision, although that is highly significant, but the limitations of our being. To break the limitations of being, we require very clever skills and maps, and very hard work. Once that process is passed a crucial threshold, we may look back upon those skills and work as fictions, but we never disrespect them, and never discount them.

The critical issue between us is exactly what divided Tibetan Buddhism centuries ago. If I leave out the actual historical terms, it boils down to those who believed one achieved realisation after a struggle and path of development. And those who believed it can be achieved instantaneously. The former agree with the latter in the final moment, but argue the 'steps' are essential, until that moment when one realise they begin and end in illusion. The latter argue, why waste time on the steps - why not let go instantly! It appeared to work well for both traditions, although in the Great Debate in ancient Tibet, the steps method prevailed, thus Tibetan Buddhism followed that path in the main.

I prefer the steps approach for many reasons, but I acknowledge in the end, total flight is all that counts. One reason is because the steps train us for what is called 'the best way to live'. Realisation is now, but life is in time. For me, knowledge is both realisation and living. I even apply this to my music - one of my greatest pleasures is not 'playing' but 'practising'. I love the long dirt road.

Offline Skyflower

• Sprout
  • Be a Light
    • InJoyLightMedicine
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2014, 01:32:56 PM »
M: Alas, my time for observing that truth has passed. I have realised in the past I have erred in being over spiritually-correct. That posture is only for adepts to discuss over a cup of Oolong. It is irresponsible to observe it when directing some wayward traveller to the nearest shelter. In such a case, we have to have the courage to call a decisive choice, knowing full well it may be wrong. Only recently one such choice of mine proved disastrously wrong, but there you go - we are called to act, and act we must. To dither is a worse error than to act wrongly, because how can we possibly know what is wrong or right?

I like this.  :)

Offline nemo

• Sprout
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2014, 03:51:24 PM »
Thank you for this thoughtful reply.

What I have been saying though Michael is not to my seeing a match to your comments on many points.

The energy within your reply here is honest and heartfelt, but there is a sense of tiredness and a wish for finality in talking with me, so I will not press my points further.

Happy sailing

Agápe nemo

All that is not based on truth shall crumble and fall, much that crumbles and falls was once truth --- nemo

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 05:12:18 AM »
D flat minor. But actually it is technically a bit more complex than that. If you are a musician, look it up on the web, and you will find the notes for the chord, which essentially uses a flattened fifth/augmented 4th. There is a history around this.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:20:44 AM by Michael »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 05:35:16 PM »
So Michael, What is so intresting about a chord in music?

Good point. I have often asked that myself. My view is that the exact Devil's Chord, is in fact a specific interval, which was so jarring that the church deemed it should not be used. When you look at D flat minor, as a chord, it is the same as A minor, perhaps the second most used chord on the guitar. But what you should know is the guitar, like all instruments, is set up around a specific chord: in guitar's case, E minor. Not only is that embedded in the basic structure of string tuning, but it embeds as a vibration over many years into the wood of the guitar. When you play any other chord, it inevitably sits against that background harmonic vibration. D flat minor is a most unusual contrast to E minor, even when a capo is used. To me, this adds a unique feel to this chord, which is not one it feels comfortable to play with for a long time, albeit very attractive in a strange way. I haven't examined it explicitly, but I'd bet the chord employs the Devils interval against the guitars subconscious E minor vibrations.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 05:41:56 AM »
When enlarged, right next to the face of the right girl..

Yep - something that just doesn't fit anywhere.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 05:46:42 AM »
But did you eat them one at a time, and look at each chip with care to notice it's indivaduality?

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 08:21:05 AM »
You are obviously not a spiritual chip eater.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 07:23:40 PM »
Absolutely, even though I know they are not a health issue. But I do notice their individuality. As I do rubbish bins.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2014, 04:52:47 AM »
OK, Mr Dog, I should offer you a technique about what I'm referring to.

This is a technique I used myself.

Purchase a bag of potato crisps - not the hot ones, but the cold pre-packed chips you buy in supermarkets or corner shops.
Then proceed to eat the whole pack one chip at a time, no matter how small, looking closely at each crisp before transfer into mouth.

The important part of this technique is to eat your way through the whole bag - all the tiny bits at the end.

That will give you the idea of what I talking about.