Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Taking Responsibility  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Endless~Knot

• Storm
Taking Responsibility
« on: August 07, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »
"A warrior takes responsibility for his acts, for the most trivial of acts. An average man acts out his thoughts, and never takes responsibility for what he does." ~ A Separate Reality

I see this everyday in my line of work, people not taking responsibility for their actions. Some people will not realize we create our own reality. Yes, some things can happen which may be of no fault of our own. But other things are controllable. I remember when very young I was not the most responsible person, so I don't really fault the young much. However when I encounter an adult who blatantly created a mess for themselves, blames everyone else for the mess, and wants others to fix the mess for them, denying all responsibility for their actions, then there is a true problem.

If a warrior makes a mistake, and they probably will, they will accept full responsibility and fix it themselves. Problems are headaches and not fun, but we can learn from them. The biggest thing we can do is learn from the mistake, not repeat it again, and grow from it, just plain evolve. I have encountered so many people who are repeat offenders to the same mistakes in life. Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result." It's kind of like a gambler who goes to Las Vegas, is not that good at poker, and hopes for a big win. He goes to Sin City with all he owns, and loses over and over again. He goes home broke, and all he can do is practice playing poker more, preparing to go back to Vegas again for a big win.

This is insanity.

A warrior is thoughtful and contemplates his every move. He looks in the present, then backward to see what didn't work, then looks forward to see the possibilities and see if this will be favorable or not, and if all looks well, he acts on it. If he follows this formula, he will most likely succeed. But if it does not work, he wont blame anyone but himself, and he wont seek out others to fix his mess. He takes responsibility, not living like a leaf in the wind.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 04:43:25 PM by Endless~Knot »
“Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
Re: Taking Responsibility
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 04:00:16 AM »
'Taking responsibility' also means ownership. To arrive at ownership of one's life no matter what happens, is no easy achievement. The difference is experienced in the moment, as you look around your world, which is your life.

This is difficult - you may have been tricked, deceived, or the recipient of outrageous fate, or you may have made stupid mistakes, but ownership means no matter what surrounds you, it is your life, and the path through to nourishment begins with accepting ownership.

Offline Endless~Knot

• Storm
Re: Taking Responsibility
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 05:13:32 PM »
'Taking responsibility' also means ownership. To arrive at ownership of one's life no matter what happens, is no easy achievement. The difference is experienced in the moment, as you look around your world, which is your life.

This is difficult - you may have been tricked, deceived, or the recipient of outrageous fate, or you may have made stupid mistakes, but ownership means no matter what surrounds you, it is your life, and the path through to nourishment begins with accepting ownership.

Yep. The worst is when people blame everyone but themselves. Because when they're busy blaming everyone else, they lose power to change their situation by themselves.
“Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee