Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Attacking self-reflection  (Read 12794 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
Re: Attacking self-reflection
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 05:11:29 PM »
Have you ever stood between two mirrors, and seen the endless reflections of yourself disappearing into infinity?

The problem is when we are happy with our self-reflection, and we speak as one who knows, one who's view is as equal to anyone else's.

The solution is when we accept we are trapped in the endless reflections, even if we don't fully understand that, and we seek a way to break the trap in any way possible. Not a position of "I know all about that and this is my fabulous opinion."; instead a position of "I accept I'm a prisoner of my own self-image, and I'm ready to try anything to escape - for God's sake, what can I possibly do?"

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
god intervened

now sits on my shoulder

now we intervene

so you would choose escape ?

"I" chose alignment

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 11:55:16 PM »
"I" chose alignment

Well, you're successful there.

zig

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 04:16:03 AM »

Again, you took the concept way further than what it actually "means" for a person. I "hold up" that it's an energetic configure that actually none of us is into it really here.

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2015, 04:46:30 AM »
who did zig ?

zig

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2015, 04:52:42 AM »

It's not of importance.

Offline Endless~Knot

• Storm
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2015, 05:49:24 PM »
Have you ever stood between two mirrors, and seen the endless reflections of yourself disappearing into infinity?

The problem is when we are happy with our self-reflection, and we speak as one who knows, one who's view is as equal to anyone else's.

The solution is when we accept we are trapped in the endless reflections, even if we don't fully understand that, and we seek a way to break the trap in any way possible. Not a position of "I know all about that and this is my fabulous opinion."; instead a position of "I accept I'm a prisoner of my own self-image, and I'm ready to try anything to escape - for God's sake, what can I possibly do?"

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. "

That comes from scriptures, and while I take much with a grain of salt, that scripture is wise. And most interpret the glass as being a mirror. One of the most difficult tasks of the path is to be able to see one'sself honestly. Few have done it. But I would not say only a handful have done it. I did get to Bruce Lee's grave recently, and I believe he did it.

I think its not so simple Michael, that all speak from self-reflection purely. One thing we do have on our side here is awareness. And on this particular path, there are techniques where you can fine-hone your awareness, so you are not as susceptible to the influence of the self-reflection. Now I do think it is better when with another because we do project, and can spot our projections with another human being. But like the quote all the books boil down to don Juan attacking Carlos's self-reflection. This is so key, the main 'goal' of the warrior to do, because it can be so jaded, so convoluted, so full of garbage and fluff that it can cut them off from spirit, from the infinite, but really can affect them from leading an impeccable life.

I know some have ventured here, had their SR's attacked and didnt like it. Thus why the place is so small now, rather quiet, with many perhaps peering into read and would rather be spectators. But nonethless, this is not the only path which offers dealing with the dark glass, and there does seem to be a movement of folks who are working very hard at trying to face the ego trouble head on. So what Im saying is, we do not speak from self-reflection all of the time. We can kind of release ourself from the gaze, perhaps temporarily, we are not as bad as narcissus staring into the pool. We can gain awareness from within and from without, and meet the mirror head on. Now shattering it is more difficult. This part is not easy. And it even is a little scary. But to me, it is important to first master the false and understand it, in all its dark characteristics. Then shattering the mirror is much more easier. It is the task at hand. It is noble. However in reading you, you make it sound impossible. However, perhaps I am more trusting in Spirit, that spirit will put us in the right places, in the right positions, so we can see more clearly in the mirror. Course, this can be an enemy, clarity, but it can be balanced appropriately if the warrior has the right intent.

So we see through a glass darkly. But I dont see anything as totally impossible either. This mirror can - and must - be shattered. And it takes a warrior's spirit to do it.
“Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

zig

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2015, 03:14:35 AM »

Hi E~K, I don't mean to be blunt, and I can see, be aware that I proceed a little fast.
In the end, these are words that you can just read and proceed (your way).

So to start, I don't think shattering any mirror was (or is for us left let's say) any crux. It can be straightened our energy to be free 'literally' of the human form.
That's what comes to mind when you say this:

"But like the quote all the books boil down to don Juan attacking Carlos's self-reflection. This is so key, the main 'goal' of the warrior to do, because it can be so jaded, so convoluted, so full of garbage and fluff that it can cut them off from spirit, from the infinite, but really can affect them from leading an impeccable life."

We take paths with heart, sometimes into/through the bush, and out of it, sometimes bearing great pieces of knowledge.

Pieces coming together.

It's not of a question that you have my support - if I can contribute anyway - into your direction.

I just see it as your path.

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2015, 11:21:43 PM »
"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. " EK

that's actually a really good quote  ;)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2015, 06:05:28 AM »
It doesn't matter - spirit will break into only those it chooses, for whatever reason. For the rest of us, it's up to our own effort.

What I am pointing to in vain, is that those who espouse that "I know" don't know, and those who espouse "I desperately want to know" do know.

Here on this forum we have been privileged to be an audience of a very long list of people who are arrogant egotists, who's claim to be on a path of spirit is total bullshit. Just like the old TNF. They believe a few realisations give them the right to close all doors to knowledge except the ones they open themselves. I'm too old to care any more - chose your own path to hell.

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 09:22:19 AM »
don't be an asshole

Offline Endless~Knot

• Storm
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 02:47:09 PM »
It doesn't matter - spirit will break into only those it chooses, for whatever reason. For the rest of us, it's up to our own effort.

What I am pointing to in vain, is that those who espouse that "I know" don't know, and those who espouse "I desperately want to know" do know.

Here on this forum we have been privileged to be an audience of a very long list of people who are arrogant egotists, who's claim to be on a path of spirit is total bullshit. Just like the old TNF. They believe a few realisations give them the right to close all doors to knowledge except the ones they open themselves. I'm too old to care any more - chose your own path to hell.

Michael, I sense some frustration.  :o I understand. I see some have come and gone. Some were ok, and some were not. It really depends on the individual and to me you kind of have to be humble, to counter self-importance. Ego is a very powerful thing. It can take over. Many want to have super powers. We have grown up with superheros. They are all over the movies out here. In truth, sure we can be super, but we also have to know our limitations. Being a Capricorn, I can respect them.

Try not to be frustrated. I am optimistic. I can see potential in others. I also like to give chances first. Then if the person just shuns it all, its on them. Perhaps that is how you have to be when sharing wisdom: pass the plate of food, and they accept or reject. Leave it there, cut the strings and let there be no attachments. But try to not be frustrated. Just remember, SI and ego, and this dastardly self-reflection, are powerful. It can be difficult to overcome.
“Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Endless~Knot

• Storm
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 02:48:44 PM »
don't be an asshole

Yes it was a bit rude, I agree. But I have seen Michael share reems of wisdom with others and work with them, only to spat back in his face afterward. I have seen it numerous times. There is a poison in the world, and sometimes it affects others, sadly so. So I can see some frustration with this. However ultimately he has been called to share, and he has to accept that. That is what he is supposed to do, despite the consequences of his position.

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2015, 07:55:27 PM »
as have others

Offline Endless~Knot

• Storm
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2015, 08:26:45 PM »
as have others

Very true! What's the saying? "Many are called and few are chosen."