Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Taking Gifts from The Eagle  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Endless~Knot

• Storm
Taking Gifts from The Eagle
« on: January 06, 2014, 10:30:14 AM »
The Eagle, and you and me, can tolerate both types of thanks.

The first type of thanks for a gift is the easy one, the polite one, the one we were all taught as a child – say thank you. (I might just add here that Indian’s cringe when asked what is the local language for ‘Thank you’. They know westerners use it like toilet paper, but I get the idea that they only use that phrase when they mean it.) Personally I have little time for thank yous, as when I give a gift I want to see it’s effect, that is the only reason I would give such a gift, but the Eagle is different.

I know the Eagle allows this because I saw it. I also know that when I ask for a gift, I always want to remember to give thanks when that gift materialises. That seems important to me, to recognise that something wonderful has come my way, and not to ignore it. However I have the sneaking suspicion that the Offerer is way above the conceit of flattery, that the object of thanks by me, is actually of benefit only to me – that I lift my awareness and sensitivity to the point of knowing, after something goes right, that it could well have not gone that way – we too often forget our prayers when the problem goes away.

So the first type of thanks, and I have seen the Eagle bow its head to this, is really either flattery for personal gain, or a deep sense of respect for something for which we know we can only thank, instead of use. Not everyone is capable of using a gift. But empty flattery for empty personal gain is one of the most insulting forms of thanks we can offer. It is valued in human society, but in the Eagle’s eyes, and in the eyes of the Eagle’s followers, it stings in the soul like vinegar.

The second type of thanks for a gift is to use it as it was intended to be used – fully! And that is not easy.

This is the process of how to offer real thanks, how to take a gift from spirit and use it to its fullest.

1.   We take the gift. This is not as simple as it may first seem. So often the gift is left unclaimed, because we either get distracted, or we don’t recognise the gift when it appears, and we pass on by. Believe me this happens in most cases – very few have the nous to see a gift.
2.   We use the gift. Most important, not just taking a gift and putting it on the shelf like a trophy, but actually using it, as it was intended.
3.   We gain from the gift. Now here is the real shift, to gain benefit as intended. And to gain that to the fullest extent possible at our stage of development.

This last is the difficult one. Very few even get to this, and the reason it is difficult is that it is conditional on so much inside ourselves. If our inner configuration is not ripe for the gift, then there is nothing we can do, even if we are eager as shit to suck the last drop of urjong from such a gift, if our inner being has not the preparation, the sensory receptors to extract the juice, then it is like milk on dirt.

How can we know that may very well be the case, even right now with our life, with what surrounds us at this very moment? We can’t. For all we know, we may well be pouring soma into the sewer at this very moment.

I have a technique. Let us begin with a recognisable unusual gift – point 2 above, where we know at least it is a gift, and we have grasped it in our hot little hands. Now, how to digest it? The method I use is to present it to my awareness, for considerable time. Whatever it may be, to recall, to see, to look deep into, to listen, to watch, to touch, to feel, to run the tape over and over to allow the juice to seep into our being – even knowing not what it is we are supposed to be absorbing. I use osmosis! And I know that inside my being, the energy is absorbed according to my station, to its fullest. The mind can only round up the wrappings, but the body absorbs the hidden vibrations. Don’t worry if you don’t understand.

Having said that, let it not be thought that understanding is of no value. On the contrary, wrong understanding is one of the most damaging karmic consequence from any event, and so, correct understanding is also one of the most precious residues from any event – get it right!

The Eagle then looks on, and it can tell if the gift has been digested and born fruit. The Eagle knows, make no mistake. You can’t fool the Eagle with pious words. It can see whether the being which is us, manifests the expected results. That is the final exam, the eye of the Eagle will look through our posturing, and see if all its efforts have been fruitless or fruitful. No hiding, in that we are all equal. I hope for your sake and mine, that what is seen meets with satisfaction!

Michael Maher 2007
“Absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and add what is uniquely your own.” - Bruce Lee