Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: The tiger cub who grew up with goats  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
The tiger cub who grew up with goats
« on: January 29, 2017, 08:04:38 AM »
Its mother had died in giving it birth. Big with young, she had been prowling for many days without discovering prey, when she came upon this herd of ranging wild goats. The tigress was ravenous at the time, and this fact may account for the violence of her spring; but in any case, the strain of the leap brought on the birth throes, and from sheer exhaustion she expired. Then the goats, who had scattered, returned to the grazing ground and found the little tiger whimpering at its mother's side. They adopted the feeble creature out of maternal compassion, suckled it together with their own offspring, and watched over it fondly. The cub grew and their care was rewarded; for the little fellow learned the language of the goats, adapted his voice to their gentle way of bleating, and displayed as much devotion as any kid of the flock. At first, he experienced some difficulty when he tried to nibble thin blades of grass with his pointed teeth, but somehow he managed. The vegetarian diet kept him very slim and imparted to his temperament a remarkable meekness.

One night, when this young tiger among the goats had reached the age of reason, the herd was attacked again, this time by a fierce old male tiger, and again they scattered; but the cub remained where he stood, devoid of fear. He was of course surprised. Discovering himself face to face with the terrible jungle being, he gazed at the apparition in amazement. The first moment passed; then he began to feel self-conscious. Uttering a forlorn bleat, he plucked a thin leaf of grass and chewed it, while the other stared.

Suddenly the mighty intruder demanded: "What are you doing here among these goats? What are you chewing there?" The funny little creature bleated. The old one became really terrifying. He roared, "Why do you make this silly sound?" and before the other could respond, seized him roughly by the scruff and shook him, as though to knock him back to his senses. The jungle tiger then carried the frightened cub to a nearby pond, where he set him down, compelling him to look into the mirror surface, which was illuminated by the moon. "Now look at those two faces. Are they not alike? You have the pot-face of a tiger; it is like mine. Why do you fancy yourself to be a goat? Why do you bleat? Why do you nibble grass?"

The little one was unable to reply, but continued to stare, comparing the two reflections. Then it became uneasy, shifted its weight from paw to paw, and emitted another troubled, quavering cry. The fierce old beast seized it again and carried it off to his den, where he presented it with a bleeding piece of raw meat remaining from an earlier meal. The cub shuddered with disgust. The jungle tiger, ignoring the weak bleat of protest, gruffly ordered: "Take it! Eat it! Swallow it!" The cub resisted, but the frightening meat was forced between his teeth, and the tiger sternly supervised while he tried to chew and prepared to swallow. The toughness of the morsel was unfamiliar and was causing some difficulty, and he was just about to make his little noise again, when he began to get the taste of the blood. He was amazed; he reached with eagerness for the rest. He began to feel an unfamiliar gratification as the new food went down his gullet, and the meaty substance came into his stomach. A strange, glowing strength, starting from there, went out through his whole organism, and he commenced to feel elated, intoxicated. His lips smacked; he licked his jowls. He arose and opened his mouth with a mighty yawn, just as though he were waking from a night of sleep – a night that had held him long under its spell, for years and years. Stretching his form, he arched his back, extending and spreading his paws. The tail lashed the ground, and suddenly from his throat there burst the terrifying, triumphant roar of a tiger

The grim teacher, meanwhile, had been watching closely and with increasing satisfaction. The transformation had actually taken place. When the roar was finished, he demanded gruffly: “Now do you know what you really are?" and to complete the initiation of his young disciple into the secret lore of his own true nature, added: "Come, we shall go now for a hunt together in the jungle."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 06:16:17 AM by Michael »

zig

Re: The tiger cub who grew up with goats
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 04:13:14 AM »

zig

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 04:17:46 AM »

Recapitulation.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • High Plateau
  • Fibre to the Soul!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 05:24:17 AM »
This folk story was first published by Ramakrishna, and is traditionally taken to describe the awakening of the spiritual person. The tiger has often been a symbol for Indian spiritual attainment. I am currently enjoying Philosophies of India by Heinrich Zimmer, a seminal work in the understanding of Indian religions. He makes the comment near the beginning, that India underwent a transformation at the time of Homer in the West (beginning 800 BC), when the Vedic literature took a decisive and long-lasting turn. This was the beginning of the time of the Upanishads. The whole significance of this change, was the move away from an external religious focus (rituals, propitiation of the gods for material well-being etc) to the inner life. This was the time that Soma changed its meaning. Originally an hallucinatory drink from what many now believe to have been a certain kind of mushroom, commonly imbibed, to a spiritual force within.

Zimmer made the comment that the West has yet to undergo this societal Roar of Awakening, as described in the tiger story above. He maintains that all civilisations in their journey towards what is of primary value, arrive at this crossroads, and either opt for the path of inner truth, or walk in denial the path of outer illusionary value systems.

I am fascinated by the last sentence: "Come, we shall go now for a hunt together in the jungle." Did that not take your eye?

As a spiritually awakened person, the world-at-large is our jungle, and we hunt there. Yes, that is what we do. When we awaken every morning, we enter the jungle, and we are hunting from that moment until we fall asleep at night. Of course, for those sufficiently skilled, the hunt continues through sleep. We hunt 24hrs a day. But what are we hunting for?

Many do not grasp this, and it marks the difference between those who have passed a certain threshold on the path, and those who have not.

As hunters of the spirit, we are seeking what the Indians call shakti, and others call personal power. We tend to think we are hunting realisations, and that is not inaccurate, but realisations come as a result of having stored shakti. Sure, we seek realisation, and intentionally set that up, but no realisations are possible if the inner power to reveal has not been acquired, thus we hunt shakti, personal power, in every little action or thought or emotion of the day.

There are two ways to do this as a basic core functionality (there are other ways as an adventurer). Firstly, we seek to resolve successfully and effectively every issue that presents to us, from the act of standing up from our bed in the morning, to tasks of our work or emotional confrontations in our personal life.

There is a danger in this, in that we become obsessed with success. Task-resolution success. It is important to attempt to resolve every task that confronts us with a successful outcome, and in fact, the hunt for success becomes of itself a spiritual hunt, because it is the world teaching us that we must strip out all dross from our being in order to succeed. This is where wealth is a massive hindrance to the hunt for shakti - because we simply buy our way out of trouble.

But there is a flaw in the outer world's judgement of outcomes. It is the field of action, not the object of that action. The object of action is to store shakti through action, not to succeed in resolving action externally. We utilise the false quest of 'success' purely for the purpose of storing more shakti. Shakti is stored through effort, but it can also be lost.

When the spiritual tiger hunts in the jungle, they appear to every onlooker as a person obsessed with victory. But what is not so easily seen, unless from another who knows, is that this tiger is involved in a most complex manoeuvre. A core pivotal identity of this tiger is not a prisoner of the world. The world swirls around, and the actor displays his or her stupendous skill in controlling the flow. Yet deep in the core, he or she knows it is a game. We call this controlled folly.

Controlled folly is a crucial tool in the hunt of shakti. We operate on the ground, without magical weapons, to bring about resolutions that are as effective as possible, and through that struggle we gain shakti. But we are internally free from the final success and failure. In my early days, I had to inculcate this principle into my sluggish being, and one act I did to embed the concept, was to refuse to attend my degree graduation from university, much to my mother's displeasure. It, along with many other similar acts, remains as a silent protector of my ultimate quest.

But secondly, there is a deeper way to store and not lose shakti through the jungle hunt. It is precisely the interface between the inner realisation of the folly, and the outer pursuit of the control. This interface has to be exercised continuously, and also continuously de-stressed. Every time we confront something, some person or some process which becomes maddeningly infuriating, our hunt has found its quarry - aside from seeking outer resolution, our primary task is to disengage from the inner anger and frustration. If we fail, even if we succeed outwardly, we lose shakti. Only when we are able to enter a situation which triggers our inner dissonance, do we have the real opportunity to acquire shakti by stepping aside from our emotional reaction - stepping into our core sanctuary of equilibrium. Not by denying the emotionality, and not by denying it an expression, but freeing ourselves inwardly from its all-consuming invasion.

It is in that moment that we, as spiritual tigers, feed.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 06:16:01 AM by Michael »

zig

zig

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 11:58:04 AM »
I am fascinated by the last sentence: "Come, we shall go now for a hunt together in the jungle." Did that not take your eye?-

Actually, this was the last thing that took ?? , crossed anyway my eye.

Peace'

-

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 05:53:37 AM »
The opening door I see appears
Action and release
Drive
Fire emotion
Feeling and dreaming are connected
Truth as realisation being accessible
Equilibrium perfection of grace
Being and riding this impossible possible
However
World
And perfection
Brought closer through beings
Action
Now the big remembering
When walking a fine line of world
The how to
Of the open way
The true way
The opened door

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 06:13:22 AM »
" Come we shall go now for a hunt together in the jungle "
There is some disparity between defining action ,
Controlled folly I have witnessed ,
Some consider it means all is play , yet navigation is wasted and connection to world suffers ,
As what is real catches up , to walk the release can be in field of action relevant and measured .
To me the tigers field of action is both, this inner and outer together , equilibrium means no disparity.
Equilibrium is to be pressed outward upon the world .

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 06:29:28 AM »
"A core pivotal identity of this tiger is not of the world "
Very true however contradictorary , that's why its able to act upon and within it.

Offline Skyflower

• Sprout
  • Be a Light
    • InJoyLightMedicine
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 09:00:11 PM »
"A core pivotal identity of this tiger is not of the world "
Very true however contradictorary , that's why its able to act upon and within it.

zig

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 09:09:40 AM »
Self importance is a real enemy (?) whether you 're hunting in the jungle or in a supermarket outside of this (..err :) ) galactic plane.

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 09:31:51 AM »
self importance became the new witch hunt
indistinguishable sensibilities
the non letting go of going
i dreamed with a tiger cub
this morning he was undersized and would not touch his food "meat"
he seemed timid
we navigated across continent/s
zooming out to look at the map
straddling coastlines

a tiger hunts himself in the jungle

when he catches up to himself what does he see ?

zig

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »
a tiger hunts himself in the jungle

when he catches up to himself what does he see ?

Hi Simon,

~

I don't think that's the original intent/direction of Michael's this new beginning thread, but I can't know.

I 'd think though that what he or she finds or be found in, is (or would be) more important than what he or she comes to see.... ...... ~

Suffice as an answer ?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:15:29 PM by Zik »

zig

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 02:32:52 PM »
Or by another meaning of 'seeing' he may come to a realization (which is the same as 'something that he / she shall "find")

As I said, I don't know.

Peace, bro~
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:37:04 PM by Zik »

Offline runningstream

• Tributary
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 09:20:35 PM »
'peace bro '
in the base is a fire
peace pisses on the fire
the words want definition
give it to them