Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: From the Rig Veda  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
From the Rig Veda
« on: July 26, 2021, 01:45:04 PM »
2nd Mandala, Hymn 27

1. These hymns that drop down fatness, with the ladle I ever offer to the Kings, Ādityas.
May Mitra, Aryaman, and Bhaga hear us, the mighty Varuṇa Dakṣa, and Aṁśa.

2 With one accord may Aryaman and Mitra and Varuṇa this day accept this praise-song
Ādityas bright and pure as streams of water, free from all guile and falsehood, blameless, perfect.

3 These Gods, Ādityas, vast, profound, and faithful, with many eyes, fain to deceive the wicked,
Looking within, beholding the good and evil near to the Kings, even the thing most distant.

4 Upholding that which moves and that which moves not, Ādityas, Gods, protectors of all being,
Provident, guarding well the world of spirits, true to eternal Law, the debt-exactors.

5 May I, Ādityas, share in this your favour which, Aryaman, brings profit - even in danger.
Under your guidance, Varuṇa and Mitra, round troubles may I pass, like rugged places.

6 Smooth is your path, O Aryaman and Mitra; excellent is it, Varuṇa, and thornless.
Thereon, Ādityas, send us down your blessing: grant us a shelter hard to be demolished.

7 Mother of Kings, may Aditi transport us, by fair paths Aryaman, beyond all hatred.
May we uninjured, girt by many heroes, win Varuṇa's and Mitra's high protection.

8 With their support they stay three earths, three heavens; three are their functions in the Gods’ assembly.
Mighty through Law, Ādityas, is your greatness; fair is it, Aryaman, Varuṇa, and Mitra.

9 Golden and splendid, pure like streams of water, they hold aloft the three bright heavenly regions.
Never do they slumber, never close their eyelids, faithful, far-ruling for the righteous mortal.

10 Thou over all, O Varuṇa, art sovereign - be they Gods, Asura, or be they mortals...
Grant unto us to see a hundred autumns, ours be the blessed long lives of our forefathers.

11 Neither the right nor left do I distinguish, neither the east nor yet the west, Ādityas.
Simple and guided by your wisdom, Vasus! may I attain the light that brings no danger.

12 He who bears gifts unto the Kings, true Leaders, he whom their everlasting blessings prosper,
Moves with his chariot first in rank and wealthy, munificent and lauded in assemblies.

13 Pure, faithful, very strong, with heroes round him, he dwells beside the waters rich with pasture.
None slays, from near at hand or from a distance, him who is under the Ādityas’ guidance.

14 Aditi, Mitra, Varuṇa, forgive us however we have erred and sinned against you.
May I obtain the broad light free from peril: O Indra, let it not seize us during darkness.

15 For him the Twain united pour their fullness, the rain from heaven: he thrives most highly favored.
He goes to war mastering both the mansions: to him both portions of the world are gracious.

16 Your guile, ye Holy Ones, to quell oppressors, your snares spread out against the foe, Ādityas,
May I car-borne pass like a skillful horseman: uninjured may we dwell in spacious shelter.

17 May I not live, O Varuṇa, to witness my wealthy, liberal, dear friend's destitution.
O King, may we never lack well-ordered riches. Loud may we speak, with heroes, in assembly.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 01:49:09 PM by Yeshu »

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
Re: From the Rig Veda
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 10:11:56 AM »
5th Mandala, Hymn 3

1 - O Agni, thou art Varuṇa at birth; but when thou art blazing high thou becomes Mitra.
In thee, O Son of Power, all Gods are centered. Indra art thou, to man who brings oblation.

2 - Bearer of the self-sustaining Law, who keeps the secret name of the mysterious Virgins;
Forging the Lord and Lady of the House as One, thou shining streams reveal thee as the friend Mitra.

3 - The riders of the heavens array their attire with rich displays for thy glory, Rudra! Yea, for thy auspicious birth, the arising of the brightly-coloured one.
Thou guards and keeps the secret name of the shining, streaming cows as thou moves among the Great Triad, the final and supreme abode of Vishnu.

4 - By the glory of thee, who hast the true Seeing, all the Gods are employed and therefore taste immortality;
Men have chosen Agni for their sacred priest, aspiring with him and making an offering.

5 - There is none who precedes thee as priest, O Agni, none more skilled in sacrificial rituals, none who has become a greater seer; O master of the self-sustaining Law,
Of whatsoever man thou becomes the guest, he conquers through sacrifice, O Godhead, those who are mortals.

6 - May we who seek wealth and glory win them by our offering, guarded by thee and awakened, O Agni,
In the clash of War, through the days and the Aeons, with our Treasure we overcome mortal men, O Son of Power.

7 - He shall bring evil on those who plot evil against us, those who turn against us in sin and outrage.
Destroy these hypocrites, O Agni, and whoever injures us with two-faced double-dealings.

8 - In the dawning of this night, O Godhead, the ancients made thee their messenger, and gave thee sacrifice with their oblations;
For thou art the Godhead kindled by mortals who have the glories, thou who travels onward to the Paradise.

9 - Save us, thou who knowest, and draw thy father near thee, thy father who becomes thy son and bears thee, O Child of Power.
O Jnani, when wilt thou regard us? O Agni, skilled in holy Law, wilt thou direct us?

10 -  The father adores and establishes the mighty name because thou, O shining one, bringest him to accept and take pleasure in it; once and again,
And doth not Agni, glad in strength of Godhead, gain splendid bliss as he hath waxen mighty when he conquers?

11 - Most Youthful God, carriest safe thy adorer beyond all stumblings, O Agni;
For thieves and hostiles have been seen by us: those who plot and scheme are nigh.

12 -  These journeys are in thy hands, and any evil in us has been confessed to the vasu, the Shining One
O our Agni, forever blazing higher and higher, shall never yield us to misfortunes or enemies.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 01:13:00 PM »
10th Mandala, Hymn 125

1 - I Travel with the Rudras and the Vasus, with the Ādityas and All-Gods I wander.
I hold aloft both Varuṇa and Mitra, Indra and Agni, and the Pair of Aśvins.

2 - I cherish and sustain high-swelling Soma, and Tvaṣṭar I support, Pūṣan, and Bhaga.
I load with wealth the zealous sacrificer who pours the juice and offers his oblation

3 - I am the Queen, the gatherer-up of treasures, most thoughtful, first of those who merit worship.
Thus Gods have established me in many places with many homes to enter and abide in.

4 - Through me alone all eat the food that feeds them,—each man who sees, breathes, hears the word outspoken
They know it not, but yet they dwell beside me. Hear, one and all, the truth as I declare it.

5 - I, verily, myself announce and utter the word that Gods and men alike shall welcome.
I make the man I love exceeding mighty, make him a sage, a Ṛṣi, and a Brahman.

6 - I bend the bow for Rudra that his arrow may strike and slay the hater of devotion.
I rouse and order battle for the people, and I have penetrated Earth and Heaven.

7 - On the world's summit I bring forth the Father: my home is in the waters, in the ocean.
Thence I extend o’er all existing creatures, and touch even yonder heaven with my forehead.

8 - I breathe a strong breath like the wind and tempest, the while I hold together all existence.
Beyond this wide earth and beyond the heavens I have become so mighty in my grandeur.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 09:00:49 PM »
7th Mandala, Hymn 104

1. Indra and Soma, burn, destroy the demon foe, send downward, O ye Bulls, those who add gloom to gloom.
     Annihilate the fools, slay them and burn them up: chase them away from us, pierce the voracious ones.

2. Indra and Soma, let sin round the wicked boil like as a caldron set amid the flames of fire.
     Against the foe of prayer, devourer of raw flesh, the vile fiend fierce of eye, keep ye perpetual hate.

3. Indra and Soma, plunge the wicked in the depth, yea, cast them into darkness that hath no support,
     So that not one of them may ever thence return: so may your wrathful might prevail and conquer them.

4. Indra and Soma, hurl your deadly crushing bolt down on the wicked fiend from heaven and from the earth.
     Yea, forge out of the mountains your celestial dart wherewith ye burn to death the waxing demon race.

5. Indra and Soma, cast ye downward out of heaven your deadly darts of stone burning with fiery flame,
     Eternal, scorching darts; plunge the voracious ones within the depth, and let them sink without a sound.

6. Indra and Soma, let this hymn control you both, even as the girth encompasses two vigorous steeds-
     The song of praise which I with wisdom offer you: do ye, as Lords of men, animate these my prayers.

7. In your impetuous manner think ye both thereon: destroy these evil beings, slay the treacherous fiends.
     Indra and Soma, let the wicked have no bliss who evermore assails us with malignity.

8. Whoso accuses me with words of falsehood when I pursue my way with guileless spirit,
     May he, the speaker of untruth, be, Indra, like water which the hollowed hand compresses.

9. Those who destroy, as is their wont, the simple, and with their evil natures barm the righteous,
     May Soma give them over to the serpent, or to the lap of Nirrti consign them.

10. The fiend, O Agni, who designs to injure the essence of our food, kine, steeds, or bodies,
     May he, the adversary, thief, and robber, sink to destruction, both himself and offspring.

11. May he be swept away, himself and children: may all the three earths press him down beneath them.
     May his fair glory, O ye Gods, be blighted, who in the day or night would fain destroy us.

12. The prudent finds it easy to distinguish the true and false: their words oppose each other.
     Of these two that which is the true and honest, Soma protects, and brings the false to nothing.

13. Never doth Soma aid and guide the wicked or him who falsely claims the Warrior's title.
     He slays the fiend and him who speaks untruly: both lie entangled in the noose of Indra.

14. As if I worshipped deities of falsehood, or thought vain thoughts about the Gods, O Agni.
     Why art thou angry with us, Jatavedas? Destruction fall on those who lie against thee!

15. So may I die this day if I have harassed any man's life or if I be a demon.
     Yea, may he lose all his ten sons together who with false tongue hath called me Yatudhana.

16. May Indra slay him with a mighty weapon, and let the vilest of all creatures perish,
     The fiend who says that he is pure, who calls me a demon though devoid of demon nature.

17. She too who wanders like an owl at night-time, hiding her body in her guile and malice,
     May she fall downward into endless caverns. May press-stones with loud ring destroy the demons.

18. Spread out, ye Maruts, search among the people: seize ye and grind the Rakshasas to pieces,
     Who fly abroad, transformed to birds, at night-time, or sully and pollute our holy worship.

19. Hurl down from heaven thy bolt of stone, O Indra: sharpen it, Maghavan, made keen by Soma.
     Forward, behind, and from above and under, smite down the demons with thy rocky weapon.

20. They fly, the demon dogs, and, bent on mischief, fain would they harm indomitable Indra.
     Sakra makes sharp his weapon for the wicked: now, let him cast his bolt at fiendish wizards.

21. Indra hath ever been the fiends' destroyer who spoil oblations of the Gods' invokers:
     Yea, Sakra, like an axe that splits the timber, attacks and smashes them like earthen vessels.

22. Destroy the fiend shaped like an owl or owlet, destroy him in the form of dog or cuckoo.
     Destroy him shaped as eagle or as vulture as with a stone, O Indra, crush the demon.

23. Let not the fiend of witchcraft-workers reach us: may Dawn drive off the couples of Kimidins.
     Earth keep us safe from earthly woe and trouble: from grief that comes from heaven mid-air preserve us.

24. Slay the male demon, Indra! slay the female, joying and triumphing in arts of magic.
     Let the fools' gods with bent necks fall and perish, and see no more the Sun when he arises.

25. Look each one hither, look around Indra and Soma, watch ye well.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 04:14:45 PM »
1st Mandala, Hymn 43

1. What shall we sing to Rudra, strong, most bounteous, excellently wise,
     That shall be dearest to his heart?

2. That Aditi may grant the grace of Rudra to our folk, our kine,
     Our cattle and our progeny;

3. That Mitra and that Varuna, that Rudra may remember us,
     Yea, all the Gods with one accord.

4. To Rudra Lord of sacrifice, of hymns and balmy medicines,
     We pray for joy and health and strength.

5. He shines in splendour like the Sun, refulgent as bright gold is he,
     The good, the best among the Gods.

6. May he grant health into our steeds, wellbeing to our rams and ewes,
     To men, to women, and to kine.

7. O Soma, set thou upon us the glory of a hundred men,
     The great renown of mighty chiefs.

8. Let not malignities, nor those who trouble Soma, hinder us.
     Indu, give us a share of strength.

9. Soma! head, central point, love these; Soma! know these as serving thee,
     Children of thee Immortal, at the highest place of holy law.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 09:32:04 AM »
1st Mandala, Hymn 77

1. How shall we pay oblation unto Agni? What hymn, Godloved, is said to him refulgent?
     Who, deathless, true to Law, amid men a herald, bringeth the Gods as best of sacrificers?

2. Bring him with reverence hither, most propitious in sacrifices, true to Law, the herald;
     For Agni, when he seeks the Gods for mortals, knows them full well and worships them in spirit.

3. For he is mental power, a man, and perfect; he is the bringer, friend-like, of the wondrous.
     The pious Aryan tribes at sacrifices address them first to him who doeth marvels.

4. May Agni, foe-destroyer, manliest Hero, accept with love our hymns and our devotion.
     So may the liberal lords whose strength is strongest, urged by their riches, stir our thoughts with vigour.

5. Thus Agni Jatavedas, true to Order, hath by the priestly Gautamas been lauded.
     May he augment in them splendour and vigour: observant, as he lists, he gathers increase.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 10:58:14 AM »
9th Mandala, Hymn 102

1. The Child, when blended with the streams, speeding the plan of sacrifice,
Surpasses all things that are dear, yea, from of old.

2. The place, near the two pressing-stones of Trita, hath he occupied,
Secret and dear through seven lights of sacrifice.

3. Urge to three courses, on the heights of Trita, riches in a stream.
He who is passing wise measures his courses out.

4. Even at his birth the Seven Mothers taught him, for glory, like a sage,
So that he, firm and sure, hath set his mind on wealth.

5. Under his sway, of one accord, are all the guileless Deities:
Warriors to be envied, they, when they are pleased.

6. The Babe whom they who strengthen Law have generated fair to see,
Much longed for at the sacrifice, most liberal Sage,

7. To him, united, of themselves, come the young Parents of the rite,
When they adorn him, duly weaving sacrifice.

8. With wisdom and with radiant eyes unbar to us the stall of heaven,
Speeding at solemn rite the plan of Holy Law.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2021, 01:11:23 PM »
9th Mandala, Hymn 96

1. In forefront of the cars forth goes the Hero, the Leader, winning spoil: his host rejoices.
     Soma embues his robes of lasting colours, and blesses, for his friends, their calls on Indra.

2. Men decked with gold adorn his golden tendril, incessantly with steed-impelling homage.
     The Friend of Indra mounts his car well-knowing, he comes thereon to meet the prayer we offer.

3. O God, for service of the Gods flow onward, for food sublime, as Indra's drink, O Soma.
     Making the floods, bedewing earth and heaven, come from the vast, comfort us while we cleanse thee

4. Flow for prosperity and constant Vigour, flow on for happiness and high perfection.
     This is the wish of these friends assembled: this is my wish, O Soma Pavamana.

5. Father of holy hymns, Soma flows onward the Father of the earth, Father of heaven:
     Father of Agni, Surya's generator, the Father who begat Indra and Visnu.

6. Brahman of Gods, the Leader of the poets, Rishi of sages, Bull of savage creatures,
     Falcon amid the vultures, Axe of forests, over the cleansing sieve goes Soma singing.

7. He, Soma Pavamana, like a river, hath stirred the wave of voice, our songs and praises.
     Beholding these inferior powers in cattle, he rests among them as a Steer well-knowing.

8. As Gladdener, Warrior never harmed in battle, with thousand genial streams, pour strength and vigour.
     As thoughtful Pavamana, urge O Indu, speeding the kine, the plant's wave on to Indra.

9. Dear, grateful to the Gods, on to the beaker moves Soma, sweet to Indra, to delight him.
     With hundred powers, with thousand currents, Indu, like a strong car-horse, goes to the assembly.

10. Born in old time as finder-out of treasures, drained with the stone, decking himself in waters,
     Warding off curses, King of all existence, he shall find way for prayer the while they cleanse him.

11. For our sage fathers, Soma Pavamana, of old performed, by thee, their sacred duties.
     Fighting unvanquished, open the enclosures: enrich us with large gifts of steeds and heroes.

12. As thou didst flow for Manu Life-bestowing, Foe-queller, Comforter, rich in oblations,
     Even thus flow onward now conferring riches: combine with Indra, and bring forth thy weapons.

13. Flow onward, Soma, rich in sweets and holy,. enrobed in waters on the fleecy summit.
     Settle in vessels that are full of fatness, as cheering and most gladdening drink for Indra.

14. Pour, hundred-streamed, winner of thousands, mighty at the Gods' banquet, Pour the rain of heaven,
     While thou with rivers roarest in the beaker, and blent with milk prolongest our existence.

15. Purified with our holy hymns, this Soma overtakes malignities like some strong charger,
     Like fresh milk poured by Aditi, like passage in ample room, or like a docile car-horse.

16. Cleansed by the pressers, armed with noble weapons, stream to us the fair secret name thou bearest.
     Pour booty, like a horse, for love of glory God, Soma, send us kine, and send us Vayu.

17. They deck him at his birth, the lovely Infant, the Maruts with their troop adorn the Car-horse.
     By songs a Poet and a Sage by wisdom, Soma goes singing through the cleansing filter.

18. Light-winner, Rishi-minded, Rishi-maker, hymned in a thousand hymns, Leader of sages,
     A Steer who strives to gain his third form, Soma is, like Viraj, resplendent as a Singer.

19. Hawk seated in the bowls, Bird wide-extended, the Banner seeking kine and wielding weapons,
     Following close the sea, the wave of waters, the great Bull tells his fourth form and declares it.

20. Like a fair youth who decorates his body, a courser rushing to the gain of riches,
     A steer to herds, so, flowing to the pitcher, he with a roar hath passed into the beakers.

21. Flow on with might as Pavamana, Indu flow loudly roaring through the fleecy filter.
     Enter the beakers sporting, as they cleanse thee, and let thy gladdening juice make Indra joyful.

22. His streams have been effused in all their fulness, and he hath entered, balmed with milk, the goblets.
     Singing his psalm, well-skilled in song, a Chanter, he comes to his friend's sister roaring.

23. Chasing our foes thou comest, Pavamana Indu, besting, as lover to his darling.
     As a bird flies and settles in the forest, thus Soma settles, purified, in goblets.

24. With full stream and abundant milk, O Soma, thy beams come, like a woman, as they cleanse thee.
     He, gold-hued, rich in boons, brought to the waters, hath roared within the goblet of the pious.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 08:41:12 AM »
Mandala 10, Hymn 65

1. MAY Agni, Indra, Mitra, Varuna consent, Aryaman, Vayu, Pusan, and Sarasvati,
     Adityas, Maruts, Visnu, Soma, lofty Sky, Rudra and Aditi, and Brahmanaspati.

2. Indra and Agni, Hero-lords when Vrtra fell, dwelling together, speeding emulously on,
     And Soma blent with oil, putting his greatness forth, have with their power filled full the mighty firmament.

3. Skilled in the Law I lift the hymn of praise to these, Law-strengtheners, unassailed, and great in majesty.
     These in their wondrous bounty send the watery sea: may they as kindly Friends send gifts to make us great.

4. They with their might have stayed Heaven, Earth, and Prthivi, the Lord of Light, the firmament, -the lustrous spheres.
     Even as fleet-foot steeds who make their masters glad, the princely Gods are praised, most bountiful to man.

5. Bring gifts to Mitra and to Varuna who, Lords of all, in spirit never fail the worshipper,
     Whose statute shines on high through everlasting Law, whose places of sure refuge are the heavens and earth.

6. The cow who yielding milk goes her appointed way hither to us as leader of holy rites,
     Speaking aloud to Varuna and the worshipper, shall with oblation serve Vivasvan and the Gods.

7. The Gods whose tongue is Agni dwell in heaven, and sit, aiders of Law, reflecting, in the seat of Law.
     They propped up heaven and then brought waters with their might, got sacrifice and in a body made it fair.

8. Born in the oldest time, the Parents dwelling round are sharers of one mansion in the home of Law.
     Bound by their common vow Dyaus, Prthivi stream forth the moisture rich in oil to Varuna the Steer.

9. Parjanya, Vata, mighty, senders of the rain, Indra and Vayu, Varuna, Mitra, Aryaman:
     We call on Aditi, Adityas, and the Gods, those who are on the earth, in waters, and in heaven.

10. Tvastar and Vayu, those who count as Rbhus, both celestial Hotar-priests, and Dawn for happiness,
     Winners of wealth, we call, and wise Brhaspati, destroyer of our foes, and Soma Indra's Friend.

11. They generated prayer, the cow, the horse, the plants, the forest trees, the earth, the waters, and the hills.
     These very bounteous Gods made the Sun mount to heaven, and spread the righteous laws of Aryas o'er the land.

12. O Asvins, ye delivered Bhujyu from distress, ye animated Syava, Vadhrmati's son.
     To Vimada ye brought his consort Kamadyu, and gave his lost Visnapu back to Visvaka.

13. Thunder, the lightning's daughter, Aja-Ekapad, heaven's bearer, Sindhu, and the waters of the sea:
     Hear all the Gods my words, Sarasvati give ear together with Purandhi and with Holy Thoughts.

14. With Holy Thoughts and with Purandhi may all Gods, knowing the Law immortal, Manu's Holy Ones,
     Boon-givers, favourers, finders of light, and Heaven, with gracious love accept my songs, my prayer, my hymn.

15. Immortal Gods have I, Vasistha, lauded, Gods set on high above all other beings.
     May they this day grant us wide space and freedom: ye Gods, preserve us evermore with blessings.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2022, 09:41:41 AM »
Mandala 2, Hymn 18

1. THE rich new car hath been equipped at morning; four yokes it hath, three whips, seven reins to guide it:
Ten-sided, friendly to mankind, light-winner, that must be urged to speed with prayers and wishes.

2. This is prepared for him the first, the second, and the third time: he is man's Priest and Herald.
Others get offspring of another parent he goeth, as a noble Bull, with others.

3. To Indra's car the Bay Steeds have I harnessed, that new well-spoken words may bring him hither.
Here let not other worshippers detain thee, for among us are many holy singers.

4. Indra, come hitherward with two Bay Coursers, come thou with four, with six when invocated.
Come thou with eight, with ten, to drink the Soma. Here is the juice, brave Warrior: do not scorn it.

5. O Indra, come thou hither having harnessed thy car with twenty, thirty, forty horses.
Come thou with fifty well trained coursers, Indra, sixty or seventy, to drink the Soma.

6. Come to us hitherward, O Indra, carried by eighty, ninety, or an hundred horses.
This Soma juice among the Śunahotras hath been poured out, in love, to glad thee, Indra.

7. To this my prayer, O Indra, come thou hither: bind to thy car's pole all thy two Bay Coursers.
Thou art to be invoked in many places Hero, rejoice thyself in this libation.

8. Ne’er be my love from Indra disunited still may his liberal Milch-cow yield us treasure.
So may we under his supreme protection, safe in his arms, succeed in each forth-going.

9. Now may that wealthy Cow Of thine, O Indra, give in return a boon to him who lauds thee.
Give to thy praisers: let not fortune fail us. Loud may we speak, with heroes, in assembly.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2024, 08:08:18 AM »
Rig Veda/Mandala 4/Hymn 27

1. I, As I lay within the womb, considered all generations of these Gods in order.
     A hundred iron fortresses confined me but forth I flew with rapid speed a Falcon.

2. Not at his own free pleasure did he bear me: he conquered with his strength and manly courage.
     Straightway the Bold One left the fiends behind him and passed the winds as he grew yet more mighty.

3. When with loud cry from heaven down sped the Falcon, thence hasting like the wind he bore the Bold One.
     Then, wildly raging in his mind, the archer Krsanu aimed and loosed the string to strike him.

4. The Falcon bore him from heaven's lofty summit as the swift car of Indra's Friend bore Bhujyu.
     Then downward hither fell a flying feather of the Bird hasting forward in his journey.

5. And now let Maghavan accept the beaker, white, filled with milk, filled with the shining liquid;
     The best of sweet meath which the priests have offered: that Indra to his joy may drink, the Hero, that he may take and drink it to his rapture.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2024, 08:18:02 AM »
4. Before all birds be ranked this Bird, O Maruts; supreme of falcons be this fleet-winged Falcon,
Because, strong- pinioned, with no car to bear him, he brought to Manu the God loved oblation.
5. When the Bird brought it, hence in rapid motion sent on the wide path fleet as thought he hurried.
Swift he returned with sweetness of the Soma, and hence the Falcon hath acquired his glory.
6. Bearing the stalk, the Falcon speeding onward, Bird bringing from afar the draught that gladdens,
Friend of the Gods, brought, grasping fast, the Soma which he had taken from yon loftiest heaven.
7. The Falcon took and brought the Soma, bearing thousand libations with him, yea, ten thousand.
The Bold One left malignities behind him, wise, in wild joy of Soma, left the foolish.

Offline Yeshu

• Sprout
    • Instagram
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2024, 08:18:51 AM »
8. And this heroic deed of might thou, Indra, also hast achieved,
That thou didst smite to death the Dame, Heaven's Daughter, meditating ill.
9. Thou, Indra, Mighty One, didst crush Usas, though Daughter of the Sky.
When lifting up herself in pride.
10. Then from her chariot Usas fled, affrighted, from her ruined car.
When the strong God had shattered it.
11. So there this car of Usas lay, broken to pieces, in Vipas,
And she herself fled far away.
12. Thou, Indra, didst. with magic power resist the overflowing stream
Who spread her waters o'er the land.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishara