Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Cornering Ego into a Spiritual Path  (Read 31657 times)

Offline mayflow

• Storm
Re: Cornering Ego into a Spiritual Path
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2008, 08:22:41 PM »
Wow!
You guys posted like 5 pages while I was asleep.  :o
What I wanted to say to Ellen, I apologise if it's in here somewhere and I missed it, is that rules are for stalkers.  You are a dreamer, right?  So why do you need rules?   
 I think Ang might have touched on that a few pages back, but I cannot find the post.

Also, we are already free.  It's just a trick our mind (ego?) plays on us to try to make us believe we are not.
Free, free, free as the birds.
Yay!

Achin' with the feelin' of the freedom of an Eagle when she flies! ;D

littlefeather

« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2008, 09:13:15 PM »
Hey guys I have a question I'd like to ask y'all.  Speaking of egos; how attached do you think our egos are to the idea that we are parents?  How many of us here are a Mom or a Dad and recognize ourself as this first and foremost.  When we talk about who we are we say "I am a mother of two"  or "I am a single Mom." etc.  So I was wondering, when we identify ourselves by our kids and our role in our family, what happens to our ego when this changes?  When our kids leave home or leave the country as in Daphne's case, how does our ego respond?  Does it lash out, hold on?  What do you think happens?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 09:25:42 PM by littlefeather »

Endless Whisper

« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2008, 09:51:42 PM »
Hey guys I have a question I'd like to ask y'all.  Speaking of egos; how attached do you think our egos are to the idea that we are parents?  How many of us here are a Mom or a Dad and recognize ourself as this first and foremost.  When we talk about who we are we say "I am a mother of two"  or "I am a single Mom." etc.  So I was wondering, when we identify ourselves by our kids and our role in our family, what happens to our ego when this changes?  When our kids leave home or leave the country as in Daphne's case, how does our ego respond?  Does it lash out, hold on?  What do you think happens?

Mine havent left home yet so I cant say exactly how I would react. I know as a parent, I want my kids to grow up wise, be self-sufficient, be able to live happy lives, be able to take care of themselves, prepare them for the world 'out there' as they'll get thrown into the adult world. The world will change for them in perception, as its been doing all along, as they grow. In reality, the world doesnt totally change. People do. We grow so we see things from different perspectives.

Course they're a part of myself, thats part of being connected, and we're supposed to have connections as parents, and I always will with them. But as they grow, the relationship changes. Being their mother will never change, but eventually the nature of being the mother will. When they're out on their own, independent, it will be different. I may always give guidance, but they wont have to follow all my rules if they dont live with me. They'll be able to make their own rules in their own house. My identity, tho, in being connected with, even with that, there is still my 'self' and sometimes I do think about how later, house will be different, quiet, probably easier to manage, lol. But thatll probably just present for myself, a different phase in my life, to go in a different direction. Maybe ill choose to run away with the circus when they eventually get on their own, being able to care for themselves. lol.

I think how my ego 'responds' to their growing up, I dont fear them growing up. I did used to do that when I thought about how, oneday, the 'babies' I knew, real small little ones (and they're so cute at that age), will be no more, have adults standing in their place. It is kinda sad cause we only have memories left of them, like that. Old photos and memories, school pictures they drew, artwork, things they made for us, painted for us. Little 'I love you" cards. Now I get little "Love you mom" notes on myspace, from my sons account, LOL. Sure, love to get him a box of crayons again, or her some paint, but I know cant keep them little forever. Kinda stinks at times we cant go back for real, play around with them for awhile like that.

lady.urania

« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
Bump

Like I said, its about ego 'clinging.' But ego takes a death, the *I* which clings, and grasps, to a false sense of security in the impermanence of things.

Offline madam butterfly

• Tadpole
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2009, 11:22:58 AM »
rules are for stalkers.  You are a dreamer, right?  So why do you need rules?

Humanity as a whole needs rules otherwise there would be total chaos with everyone doing whatever they want and not caring about anyone else.

I believe in rules and if that makes me a stalker then so be it.

littlefeather

« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »
rules are for stalkers.  You are a dreamer, right?  So why do you need rules?

Humanity as a whole needs rules otherwise there would be total chaos with everyone doing whatever they want and not caring about anyone else.

I believe in rules and if that makes me a stalker then so be it.

For clarification Madam, the term 'stalker' was being used in the Toltec sense of the word.   Quotation taken from a famous(in these parts) article written by Michael a long while back.  Certainly not intending to disrespect anyone that feels rules are essential to the way of the world.   8)

I was speaking of our (respective) Paths and the way we learn in general.  IOW, we learn and grow the way that suits us and if it doesn't exactly fit into the rules of how somone else said it should be, but still is of benefit to us personally, that's completely fine.

Sorry for any confusion.

In Lak'ech
L

What I wanted to say to Ellen, I apologise if it's in here somewhere and I missed it, is that rules are for stalkers.  You are a dreamer, right?  So why do you need rules?   
 I think Ang might have touched on that a few pages back, but I cannot find the post.

Also, we are already free.  It's just a trick our mind (ego?) plays on us to try to make us believe we are not.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 11:50:56 AM by hush »

lady.urania

« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2009, 12:26:05 PM »
Like also remember, there is the rule of the nagual, and telling the 'rule' to one.

lady.urania

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »
And just reminding, like even in the tantras - its the difference with a healthy ego, stable vessel, or an unhealthy ego that clings to permanence.

We work on discarding the illusory *I* of ego which clings. That is the 'death.'