Psychic and Healer.
Light

Author Topic: Inspirational Quotes  (Read 15856 times)

littlefeather

Prayer for Our Mother
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 04:24:33 PM »
Prayer
by Mark Nepo

O Endless Creator, Force of Life, Seat of the Unconscious,
Dharma, Atman, Ra, Qalb, Dear Center of our Love,
Christlight, Yaweh, Allah, Mawu,
Mother of the Universe...
 Let us, when swimming with the stream,
become the stream...
Let us, when moving with the music,
become the music...
Let us, when rocking the wounded,
become the suffering...

Let us live for the grace beneath all we want,
let us see it in everything and everyone,
till we admit to the mystery
that when I look deep enough into you,
I find me, and when you dare to hear my fear
in the recess of your heart, you recognize it
as your secret which you thought
no one else knew...

O Let us have the courage
to hold each other when we break
and worship what unfolds...
Let us embrace
that unexpected moment of unity
as the atom of God...

O nameless spirit that is not done with us,
let us love without a net
beyond the fear of death
until the speck of peace
we guard so well
becomes the world...

Offline Sky

• Sprout
Re: Inspirational Quotes
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 08:13:43 AM »
"All of this Creation is Sacred...And so do not forget. Every Dawn as it comes
 is a holy event and
every day is holy, for the light comes from Wakan-Tanka...
you must remember that the Two-legged and All other peoples who stand upon this
Earth are Sacred and should be treated as such..."
(White Buffalo Woman)

~*~

"...The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has been before. Creativity in living is not without its attendant difficulties, for peculiarity breeds contempt. And the unfortunate thing about being ahead of your time is that when people finally realize you were right, they'll say it was obvious all along. You have two choices in life: you can dissolve into the mainstream, or you can be distinct. To be distinct, you must be different. To be different, you must strive to be what no one else but you can be..." (Alan Ashley-Pitt)

~*~

Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."
(James Thurber)

~*~

When humans participate in ceremony, they enter a sacred space.
Everything outside of that space shrivels in importance.
Time takes on a different dimension.
Emotions flow more freely.
The bodies of participants become filled with the energy of life, and this energy reaches out and blesses the creation around them. All is made new; everything becomes sacred."
(Sun Bear)

~*~

Offline Definitive Journey

• Tributary
    • Las Vegas Massage Therapist Kris Kelley
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 08:21:50 PM »

"The world is indeed full of frightening things and we are helpless creatures surrounded by forces that are inexplicable and unbending. The average man, in ignorance, believes that those forces can be explained or changed; he doesn't really know how to do that, but he expects that the actions of mankind will explain them or change them sooner or later. A sorcerer, on the other hand, does not think of explaining or changing them; instead, he learns to use such forces by redirecting himself and adapting to their direction. That's his trick. There is very little to sorcery once you find out its trick. A sorcerer, by opening himself to knowledge, falls prey to those forces and has only one means of balancing himself, his will ; thus he must feel and act like a warrior. I will repeat this once more: Only as a warrior can one survive the path of knowledge. What helps a sorcerer live a better life is the strength of being a warrior."

Carlos Castaneda
A Seperate Reality

"When a sorcerer interprets an omen he knows its exact meaning without having any notion of how he knows it. This is one of the bewildering effects of the connecting link with intent . Sorcerers have a sense of knowing things directly. How sure they are depends on the strength and clarity of their connecting link.

The feeling everyone knows as "intuition" is the activation of our link with intent."

Carlos Castaneda
The Power of Silence

"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

• Tributary
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 07:44:57 PM »

"Nothing that happens is without effect. If you throw a stone in a pond the universe isn't quite the same as it was before. . . It may be that if I lead the life I've planned for myself it may affect others; the effect may be no greater than a ripple caused by a stone thrown in a pond, but one ripple causes another, and that one a third; it's just possible that a few people will see that my way of life offers happiness and peace, and the they in turn will teach what they have learnt to others."

Larry Darrell, the main character in the novel The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham

"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

• Tributary
The Uncarved Block
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 07:54:55 PM »

The essence of the Uncarved Block is that things in their original simplicity contain their own natural power, power that is easily spoiled and lost when that simplicity is changed. This principle applies not only to things, but to people as well.

"Like an Uncarved Block" is living a path of harmony -- simple in its form, but not yet carved by the world around it. This is what one should be, to return to, to find -- the true original inner nature of simplicity. The reality of motion manifests itself in both simplicity and complexity. Balance is nedded with both, yet primal simplicity needs to be kept in order to better deal with complexity. There is nothing wrong with complexity, so long as you aren't swept up in its whirlwind, which will only cause your mind to become congested with impurities. You should see the simple and embrace the primal, so that you are better able to manage the complex. So, the Tao says become like an Uncarved Block, untouched by the shaping of reality's complexities.

THE UNCARVED BLOCK
Yurok Medicine Man, The Other Californians
Robert F. Heizer and Alan J. Almquist

• Tributary
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 02:26:27 PM »

"Passivity", he said, "is a violation of our nature, because, in essence, we are all formidable combatants. Every human being is, by right, a soldier who has achieved his place in the world in a battle of life and death."

"Look at it this way: At least once, as sperms, each one of us fought a battle for life - a unique struggle against millions of other competitors - and we won!  And now the battle continues, since we are trapped by the forces in the world. One part of us is fighting to disintegrate and die, while another tries to maintain life and awareness at any cost. There is no peace! A warrior realizes this, and used it to his advantage. His goal continues to be that which inspired the spark of life that created him: Access to a new level of awareness."

He continued by saying that as we become socialized, human beings are tamed, just like animal is domesticated, by the power of stimuli and punishments.

"We have been trained to live and die meekly, following unnatural codes of behaviour which soften us and make us lose that initial impulse, until our spirit is hardly noticeable. We are born as a result of a fight. By denying our basic tendencies, the society we live in eradicates the warring heritage that transforms us into magical beings."

He added that the only available way to change is to accept ourselves just as we are, and work from there.

"The warrior knows that he lives in a predatorial universe. He can never let his guard down. Wherever he looks, he sees an incessant fight, and he knows that it deserves his respect, because it is a fight to the death. Don Juan was always moving, coming or going, supporting this or rejecting that, provoking tensions or discharging them in a burst, shouting his intent or remaining silent; doing something. He was alive, and his life reflected the ebb and flow of the universe.

"He told me that, from the moment when the explosion which gave us origin occurred, until the moment of our death, we live within a flow. Those two episodes are unique, because they prepare us for the encounter of what lies further ahead. And what aligns us to that flow? An incessant battle, which only a warrior will attempt. Because of that, he lives in profound harmony with everything.

"For a warrior, to be harmonious is to flow, not to stop in the middle of the current and try to make a space of artificial and impossible peace. He knows that he can only give the very best of himself under conditions of maximum tension. For that reason, he seeks out his opponent the way a fighting rooster does - with avidity, with delight, knowing that the next step is decisive. His opponent is not his fellow man, but his own attachments and weaknesses, and his grand challenge is to compress the layers of his energy until they won't expand when his life ceases, so that his awareness does not die.

"Ask yourselves these questions: What am I doing with my life? Does it have a purpose? Is it tight enough? A warrior accepts his destiny, whatever it may be. However, he fights to change things, and he made something exquisite of his passage on Earth. He tempers his will in such a way that nothing can deviate him from his purpose."

Armando Torres
Encounters with the Nagual

• Tributary
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 03:07:53 PM »

This habit of identifying word with `thing' creates verbalism. We use many words under the delusional evaluation that we are talking about `beings', `entities', and `things', when in fact the words are only symbols for different orders of abstractions. The entire race has become afflicted with this habit, which has resulted in elementalism, infantilism, and dense ignorance. Why? Because the race lives on the verbalistic level, under the delusion that all words represent and stand for `things', `beings' and `entities.' So a general racial, mesmeric, psychic consciousness is built up which has no foundation whatever in truth, in fact, or in reality. In that delusional, mesmeric, and psychic state, we think we are talking about factual, important, and actual `things' as subjects; whereas we are merely making noises—bla bla about tra tra.

Vitvan

Endless Whisper

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 06:09:21 PM »
This habit of identifying word with `thing' creates verbalism. We use many words under the delusional evaluation that we are talking about `beings', `entities', and `things', when in fact the words are only symbols for different orders of abstractions. The entire race has become afflicted with this habit, which has resulted in elementalism, infantilism, and dense ignorance. Why? Because the race lives on the verbalistic level, under the delusion that all words represent and stand for `things', `beings' and `entities.' So a general racial, mesmeric, psychic consciousness is built up which has no foundation whatever in truth, in fact, or in reality. In that delusional, mesmeric, and psychic state, we think we are talking about factual, important, and actual `things' as subjects; whereas we are merely making noises—bla bla about tra tra.

Vitvan

On the same token, however, what would we do without a world of words as communication? We have limitations, granted, and words aren't the only way to communicate. There's plenty of effective non-verbal communication which can be done. But could we really function without words, or 'sounds' that we cause with words, such as when speaking?

• Tributary
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 06:38:49 PM »

On the same token, however, what would we do without a world of words as communication? We have limitations, granted, and words aren't the only way to communicate. There's plenty of effective non-verbal communication which can be done. But could we really function without words, or 'sounds' that we cause with words, such as when speaking?

Great comment E.  Ang and I have discussed this often.  Could it be though, that when 'we're in the zone,' there's really no need for words?  We just know what to do, and then just act.  If we could All hold this AP, we'd practically be telepathic and many forms of communication may be left in the dust....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................

Hey, it's my Dream, leave me alone with it!

:D

z

Offline ≈*≈

• Sprout
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 08:13:18 PM »
Telepathic communication ... I've always felt this is how humans first communicated.  Then speech came about so as to hide "thoughts" from others.  A distraction of sorts.  Telepathic is pure communication ... It's about form and function ... straight to the point, no misunderstandings ... no words ... beautiful :)
"There is a point at which everything becomes simple and there is no longer any question of choice, because all you have staked will be lost if you look back. Life's point of no return."
- Dag Hammarskjold

littlefeather

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2008, 09:22:53 PM »
Telepathic communication ... I've always felt this is how humans first communicated.  Then speech came about so as to hide "thoughts" from others.  A distraction of sorts.  Telepathic is pure communication ... It's about form and function ... straight to the point, no misunderstandings ... no words ... beautiful :)

Humans...  and animals  communicate this way, too.  It is  beautiful and I think we're getting closer to the point where verbal communication is  not entirely necessary anymore.

• Tributary
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 10:46:48 PM »

What is to give light must endure burning.

~Viktor Frankl

• Tributary
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 10:57:04 PM »

This just kicks my ass  ;)

z

Endless Whisper

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2008, 12:46:48 AM »
This just kicks my ass  ;)

z

That's inspirational, your ass? LOL!

• Tributary
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2008, 07:42:36 AM »

That's inspirational, your ass? LOL!

Heh.....no.

The quote, above.  Just seemed to hit me at just the right time  ;)

z