Author Topic: Sensorium Dei  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Muffin

• Pir
  • Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack
    • Sensorium Dei
Re: Sensorium Dei
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2011, 07:11:35 AM »
"The result of the manifestation is in exact proportion to the force of striving received from the shock." -Gurdjieff, Belzebub's Tales to his grandson

www.sensoriumdei.org

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2011, 07:18:06 AM »
Tehran?  Cool!
(I was just thinking I hoped you would post some pics. )
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2011, 07:50:11 AM »
Exciting, and stunning!

Offline Muffin

• Pir
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 06:19:19 AM »

"The result of the manifestation is in exact proportion to the force of striving received from the shock." -Gurdjieff, Belzebub's Tales to his grandson

www.sensoriumdei.org

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 06:47:51 AM »
Those mosaic-trimmed, tiled structures are so gorgeous!
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2011, 01:49:33 AM »

When I look at this pic, Rudi, I feel dark and troubled.
The food looks very tasty. How are you finding the adventure there?
Are you back in Prague? (Wasn't sure if you were just going to Tehran
for a trial run or what.)
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 09:44:47 PM »
I've missed these - they bring back great memories for me - I'd forgotten the vibe! And you have captured it in these a little. It makes me homesick to return to these places.

Offline Muffin

• Pir
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2011, 04:01:54 AM »

www.sensoriumdei.org

Offline Muffin

• Pir
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2011, 04:21:20 AM »
I've missed these - they bring back great memories for me - I'd forgotten the vibe! And you have captured it in these a little. It makes me homesick to return to these places.

Unfortunately Tehran is a very bad place to experience Iran. There's really not much to see in the city except a few palaces.

The city itself is grey, squared and monotone. There's nothing nice in it.
Add the pollution and heat and it's a nightmare living there. I'vre read that breathing 1 minute on the streets has the same effect as smoking 9 cigarettes. And that thousands of people die every year of pulmonary diseases caused by pollution.

http://www.economist.com/node/17804554

Last time I went out for sightseeing I got back with my lungs hurting. It's not a nice experience at all.

www.sensoriumdei.org

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2011, 04:31:10 AM »
Unfortunately Tehran is a very bad place to experience Iran. There's really not much to see in the city except a few palaces.

Add the pollution and heat and it's a nightmare living there. I'vre read that breathing 1 minute on the streets has the same effect as smoking 9 cigarettes. And that thousands of people die every year of pulmonary diseases caused by pollution.

http://www.economist.com/node/17804554

Last time I went out for sightseeing I got back with my lungs hurting. It's not a nice experience at all.

:(   How long are you there, Rudi?  (Or did you change your mind?)
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2011, 07:48:27 AM »
Ah yes, the traffic has changed all of Asia in the last decade or two.
In many Indian cities they mandated a switch of taxies and buses to gas, which made a huge difference.

When we were in Pune, after driving about on the roads during the day, we'd be coughing up soot during the night. The locals often wore masks.

Jahn

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2011, 05:26:57 AM »

Add the pollution and heat and it's a nightmare living there. I'vre read that breathing 1 minute on the streets has the same effect as smoking 9 cigarettes.

Depressing.

Offline Muffin

• Pir
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2011, 01:45:35 AM »

The Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque in Isfahan.

It is located in the Naqsh-e Jahan ("Pattern of the World") Square, which with more the 80,000 sq.m. - 510 m long and 163m wide -it is considered the second largest historical square, second only to Beijing's Tiananmen Square.

www.sensoriumdei.org

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2011, 08:56:47 AM »
I love seeing these Rudi.
How are you coping? Met any new friends?

Offline Muffin

• Pir
    • Sensorium Dei
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »
The situation is like this. Due to the islamic rules, most of the socializing happens behind walls. Once you are outside you are confined in your own small circle (family, close friends). We mostly go out to restaurants in the evening, a group of 6-8 italians. This makes it pretty hard to make friends and/or talk to the locals.

Last weekend I woke up early in the morning and took the subway to a part in Tehran and walked about 8-10 miles, visited a park and a museum complex. I'll post pictures later.

This weekend I decided I would visit another parts of Iran. Italians always complain that they are bored on the weekends but don't do anything about it, and always go around with pre made plans. They planned a trip to some place, but took the airplane, and hotel on the other side in advance.
When you leave the hotel with the taxi waiting or you, and fly a couple of hours just to have another hotel waiting for you, there's not much exploration in it. It is such a cosy attitude, it gives no room for contact with the local life.

This wednesday night I packed two pairs of undies and socks, my camera and a guide of Isfahan, and went to the nearby bus station. All I knew is that there are buses leaving for Isfahan. My coworkers said I'm crazy to travel alone without any preparation.

In two days I've met a bunch of people, most of them young people being curious and wanting to take pictures with me.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:29:01 PM by Muffin »

www.sensoriumdei.org

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk