Author Topic: Massive Bird- and Fish-Kills  (Read 326 times)

Builder

Re: Massive Bird- and Fish-Kills
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 02:58:11 AM »
Dead doves in Italy

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that officials expect us to swallow this bullshit!

While the events are likely unrelated, most still remain a mystery. Officials suggest fireworks are likely responsible for many of the bird deaths and that unusually cold weather could be to blame for the strange mass deaths of fish and crabs.

How about the truth, please, or at least something close to it!

The U.S. Geological Service's website listed about 90 mass deaths of birds and other wildlife from June through Dec. 12.

There were five deaths of at least 1,000 birds, with the largest near Houston, Minnesota,
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:01:24 AM by Morninglory »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 03:01:33 AM »
How about the truth, please, or at least something close to it!

I hear you loud and clear! Welcome to my world! That dissonance goes on all the time for me with the Gulf-events as well.

Also uncanny and bizarre is that the president of the Audubon Society, who sometimes writes for CNN, put the most soporific spin on the whole thing. Like, isn't it sweet of the humans to care, but everything is ok, everything is ok...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:03:21 AM by Nichi »
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 03:04:36 AM »
I hear you loud and clear! Welcome to my world! That dissonance goes on all the time for me with the Gulf-events as well.

Also uncanny and bizarre is that the president of the Audubon Society, who sometimes writes for CNN, put the most soporific spin on the whole thing. Like, isn't it sweet of the humans to care, but everything is ok, everything is ok...

I can't help but get really pissed off.   

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 03:09:08 AM »
I can't help but get really pissed off.   

Whew! I've been there. I've had to take very deep breaths, just to keep up with it all.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 03:17:19 AM »
It has been noted throughout the articles, with a snicker always, that people are frightened by all of this. As if these are signs of the apocalypse. But it's recounted in a snicker. Then they attribute it to "fireworks", "power lines", and "cold weather". They aren't making a connection between all the events.

"Brazil" and "New Zealand" are both S. Hemisphere, aren't they?

What do New Zealand, Sweden, Italy, Brazil, the UK, and the US have in common? I think perhaps some clue could be there.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:23:13 AM by Nichi »
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Builder

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 03:29:09 AM »
We, humans, kill 17 species an hour. We kill 17 species an hour - just by having our society, culture and economy.

The more numerous species - the more dead specimen we see.

I see little reason to single out these events. Mass murder is our way of life. Way of life of every single one of us. Nothing changes it - we all consume products of our society and economy (and now we see the cost of it to other species).

I am not cynical here, but simply stating the facts.

It's our way of life, nothing to despise, nothing to reject.

On the background of that holocaust we gather our experiences (and enjoy the world) and seek the path to freedom.

Michael urged lately to think of what we want to accomplish in this life (I think, in his book there was also a suggestion to abandon survivalist mode of existence and action, and switch to an evolutionary path). Not a minute too early, I would say.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:51:30 AM by Builder »

Builder

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 03:51:06 AM »
Some people, like Kris Raphael, keep talking about how wonderful life would be pretty soon and how 2012 will turn things around. He talks abut abundance and being in the flow. Yet, I have found it difficult correlate his statements with what is happening in nature by our own hands.

I think we are at a watershed event - it is time to make up one's mind.

Builder

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »
Russian press reports a mass-death of - correction: starlings - in Turkey. Three days ago a report came from Canada where a few dozens of pigeons fell from the sky.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:35:10 AM by Builder »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 07:32:33 AM »
And Alabama ~ "hundreds of blackbirds"
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 07:33:54 AM »
(But there's nothin' to see here, folks - move along, move along...)
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
That Pesky Full Moon!
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 09:08:14 AM »
Is something fishy going on?
Wednesday, 19 January 2011

A FISHY mystery has got Furness (UK) beach-goers puzzled.

Hundreds of dead crabs and starfish have washed up on a Walney beach.

The bizarre sight follows a number of other similar incidents in the UK and beyond.

Walker Mike Quinn, of Piel View Grove, Barrow, made the discovery while strolling along a beach in South Walney on Monday.

He said: “I noticed a few the other day but today the amount of starfish and young spawned mussels is unbelievable.

“I don't know what it is, there's got to be a reason for it.”

Experts say high tides combined with icy temperatures may be the cause of the deaths.

Dave Conway, education officer at the Lakes Aquarium, said: “We’re coming up to a full moon now and the tides are more significant, so when things are exposed they’re more likely to suffer from the cold.

“Certainly the sea hasn’t been freezing around Walney so I can’t imagine the water getting that cold.

“When the tides go out the starfish and crabs will be exposed to the frost, that is one plausibility.

“The real truth of it is that we don’t really know.

“But it does highlight the difficulty of conserving things in the sea and understanding exactly what does go on, because it’s such a vast area.

“The sea tends to sort things out, so you do tend to get one kind of thing washed up at the same time.

“This gives the perception of something a bit more drastic than it appears.”

Last weekend thousands of crabs and starfish were washed up on Brighton beach.

An Environment Agency spokeswoman said the reason was a drastic fall in south coast sea temperatures at the end of last year.

Marine animals have also been washing up on beaches in the USA.

Earlier this month there was a nationwide scare in America as fish and even sea birds were being washed up on beaches.
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/barrow/is-something-fishy-going-on-1.800219?referrerPath=news/barrow

I just want to know one thing - please excuse all glibness:
Did the Wicked Witch of the West work her craft, and we all fell down asleep in a field of poppies?

We need Glynda the Witch of the North to wave her magic wand so that it will snow and wake us up. (Maybe that is why it has snowed so much - someone wants us to wake up!)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:14:45 AM by Nichi »
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Builder

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, 01:08:31 AM »
Russians report mass-death of blackbirds in Sevastopol, Crimea

Offline Angela

• Acharya
Re: That Pesky Full Moon!
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, 05:12:12 AM »
I just want to know one thing - please excuse all glibness:
Did the Wicked Witch of the West work her craft, and we all fell down asleep in a field of poppies?

We need Glynda the Witch of the North to wave her magic wand so that it will snow and wake us up. (Maybe that is why it has snowed so much - someone wants us to wake up!)

Again, this movie comes to mind and how I've always thought about our climate change being a 'slow motion' of the story in this film ... The Day After Tomorrow

Then I read this ...

Production ... "Shortly before and during the release of the movie, members of environmental and political advocacy groups distributed pamphlets to moviegoers describing what they believed to be the possible effects of global warming. Although the film depicts some effects of global warming predicted by scientists, such as rising sea levels, more destructive storms, and disruption of ocean currents and weather patterns, it depicts these events happening much more rapidly and severely than is considered scientifically plausible, and the theory that a "superstorm" will create rapid worldwide climate change does not appear in the scientific literature. When the film was playing in theaters, much criticism was directed at U.S. politicians concerning their rejection of the Kyoto Protocol and climate change. The film's scientific adviser was Dr. Michael Molitor, a leading climate change consultant who worked as a negotiator on the Kyoto Protocol." ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_After_Tomorrow

I've had this incessant urge for years now to move to Mexico. I've never been there. Maybe those 5 years of Spanish classes I took in Jr High and High School will come in handy. I'll have to brush up ... ;)
"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk