Author Topic: The Third Attention  (Read 842 times)

Offline Angela

• Acharya
Re: The Third Attention
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2011, 04:57:58 AM »
"Death/rebirth events come in all shapes and sizes, and this was my first. My First Step. This was the one that separates who I was from what I am now. That was the day I set fire to my life and went to war."

Jed McKenna ~ Spiritual Enlightenment The Damnedest Thing

A fire, a massacre of everything believed to be the truth. Clearing away the rubble of a war on self ... an ashened forest, sprouting new growth.

"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2013, 11:04:21 AM »
This thread is crazy.

I don't know if we can access the third attention until death, and even then, I don't know if we can access it. I feel this is something the Buddha either achieved or went beyond, but the third attention now. I primarily focus now, on the here and now, and some dreaming in the second. But I don't concern myself too much with the third attention. I know if I 'think' I experienced it, it is probably not 'it.'

Also I would say Jahn has shared experiences, Juhani - not too much.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2024, 05:47:17 PM »
Mares says that old seers did not pay attention to the possibility of Third Attention because it was so plain, obvious and simple. They found manipulation of the world through the magic of the Second Attention much more attractive. According to Mares, living in the Third Attention and acting through it is utterly different from the usual stuff in the Second Attention. It is akin to acting on things that have not happened yet.

I don't think Castaneda provided any comment on Don Juan's views why the old seers missed the Third Attention.

Another promising thread that went to shit. The Old Seers were having too much fun in the second attention to perceive a third. Then they got trapped in the IB world and I suspect Carlos did too. For awhile. They became food. But they thought they had the upper hand of it. Just my take on it. I could be wrong since this was long ago. But I can see why don juan warned of them and knowing how the second attention can be alluring and how the IBers are, I estimate thats why.

Just posting this for anyone who reads it. Ignore the shit show guests.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk