Author Topic: Journey into thin air  (Read 899 times)

Taimi

Journey into thin air
« on: December 17, 2006, 07:53:49 PM »
This oncoming summer i'm planning to conquer a mountain. It will be Elbrus in Caucasus mountains, 18,510ft/5,642m.

I need all kinds of stuff for this, some hiking equipment, warm clothes. Things are looking fine, just had a little wage rise and they promise more in spring. So i should be able to purchase most of the needed things.

What is the intention for going there? Don't really know, it just happened that i'm going. I don't have any idea what it will be like. But after the journey i will know if i'm further interested of mountaineering and higher mountains.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Journey into thin air
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:41:05 PM »
bloody ripper taimi!

once you set such an intention, you can get help from the other side - it is a well known fact that helpers on the other side cannot help when we don't know what we want. Once we decide, and put forth the initial energy and set our intent, then they are delighted, and can assist in so many ways. And you can ask for their assistance - these spirit workers - with any obstacle.

Taimi

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 01:13:03 AM »
I think i have some time to think about the intent. Right now it would be just to get there, i'll have to see if i can figure out another intent for being there.

niamhspark

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 03:17:10 AM »
That mountain is calling you, lady! That's a pretty awesome intent :)

Taimi

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 07:19:58 AM »
yes, can't wait :)

but first i'll have to survive my job, it's killing me... but isn't that what we are after... spring will be hell

Gunslinger

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 02:42:39 AM »
This oncoming summer i'm planning to conquer a mountain. It will be Elbrus in Caucasus mountains, 18,510ft/5,642m.

I need all kinds of stuff for this, some hiking equipment, warm clothes. Things are looking fine, just had a little wage rise and they promise more in spring. So i should be able to purchase most of the needed things.

What is the intention for going there? Don't really know, it just happened that i'm going. I don't have any idea what it will be like. But after the journey i will know if i'm further interested of mountaineering and higher mountains.

Mountains are climbed because they are there.    *smiles*

Taimi

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 03:00:22 AM »
I am very much interested of the effect of hight and thin air on me. and all the accompaning sensations.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 03:01:49 AM »
"This centre of heaven, This core of earth, This heart of the world. Fenced round with snow. The headland of all rivers, Where the mountains are high and The land is pure." -- Tibetan poem, 8-9th century
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 03:04:18 AM »
He who first met the Highland's swelling blue,
  Will love each peak that shows a kindred hue:
    Hail in each crag a friend's familiar face,
      And clasp the mountain in his mind's embrace.
      - Lord Byron (George Gordon Noel Byron)
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Taimi

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 03:16:02 AM »
Physical law holds together our physical body. Gravity pulls us against the earth. When there's no body, intent holds together the awareness. I think in high mountains the power of physic laws declines a bit, like closer to the cosmos - bodyless existence. I can't quite express what i'm trying to say but i believe it should be an interesting experience.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 03:26:04 AM »
 ;)

Gunslinger

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 03:27:49 AM »
There's a beautiful book entitled, "Into Thin Air", written by Jon Krakauer. It details the author's expedition up Mount Everest on May 10, 1996.

Maybe you should read that one when you get back.  *smiles*

Taimi

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 03:44:29 AM »
I've heard about that one, they say it's very good but i haven't felt the urge to read it yet.

Instead i found a book called 'The Snow Leopard' by Peter Matthiesen. There is a title called Snow Leopard which is assgined to climbers who manage to ascend 4 peaks over 7000m. So i was just surfing around looking for snow leopard pics when i found this book. It's a bit more about spirit thought i haven't read much yet. (It's not about ascending peaks over 7000m, but finding snow leopards :))

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 03:52:44 AM »
its quite a famous book, and not bad at that

The Snow Leopard, i mean
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:40:47 PM by Michael »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 05:24:45 AM »
Physical law holds together our physical body. Gravity pulls us against the earth. When there's no body, intent holds together the awareness. I think in high mountains the power of physic laws declines a bit, like closer to the cosmos - bodyless existence. I can't quite express what i'm trying to say but i believe it should be an interesting experience.

Awesome Taimi! Can hardly wait for the photos!
I have wanted to go sky diving.. rather scared though! That kind of would feel 'bodiless' to me!  (especially if I closed my eyes)  :)
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk