Author Topic: Journey into thin air  (Read 900 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Re: Journey into thin air
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 07:21:09 AM »
(especially if I closed my eyes) 

Ha! Id probably have to remind myself to open mine..  :P
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 08:17:39 AM »

Ha! Id probably have to remind myself to open mine..  :P

:D
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Taimi

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 10:22:11 AM »
Awesome Taimi! Can hardly wait for the photos!
I have wanted to go sky diving.. rather scared though! That kind of would feel 'bodiless' to me!  (especially if I closed my eyes)  :)

I was about to do that few months ago but the weather went bad and now i'll have to wait for the spring.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 02:54:01 PM »
I was about to do that few months ago but the weather went bad and now i'll have to wait for the spring.

Wonderful!! Hope to hear all about it when you do!     :)
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Taimi

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 07:24:58 PM »
I've started to have dreams about climbing mountains. With the effects of thin air  :D

Right now i'm like a squirrel running in a wheel with my job and everything else. This really sucks, i don't like to think that much all the time. But i have a theory - if i continue like this for some period of time and then suddenly i don't have to do anything, then it has this effect... like when i do something all the time, i use energy, but if i suddenly don't do anything, the unused energy has to find some other output. So this journey will be like a gap in the normal functioning which could have some intresting influence. I'm thinking how could i use this in a best possible way.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 11:55:43 PM »
Good dream work Rubina!

I like your thinking on this.. *smiles* or your longing for not thinking.

I seek balance in all things in my life, the one thing that seems to really poke at me quickly if its not met is my silence and solitude.  Im careful to not let myself get too crazy with the longing though, because life itself seems to fullfill this balance if its not pushed.

Remember to breathe, ha! deep right from your toes when things start feeling a bit grrrrrrr.

Much Love, Jennifer

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Taimi

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 12:22:17 AM »
I sometimes think it would be nice to be alone somewhere in the nature, like you. Away from the complexness of the society. But then again, i know i'm in the right place for now.

I'm starting to develop  some automatism in doing stuff. Like things kind of flow through me. That's good, though i can't explain why..

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 04:44:35 AM »
Jenn, the quiet is not with me nownear my home, as it was in the forestland there.  But I find a new solace within the sounds of this small town.  The lake is so near that I can hear the boats in summertime from my bonsai tables.  I don't even fish anymore, just sit there and become the lights reflecting off the still waters of this small resort in my life.  My roots still the sounds.  You know what I mean?  I can individuate the different outside sounds here because there is no hubub of a city.  The multitude of livestock trucks go into the processing plants here constantly and full ones leave for the markets and dinner tables of our country.  A giant circle of existence as I watch it and also participate in it. 

No, it's not your forest but my memories of there are just brain cells away, my Dear.  I will return there soon, maybe to even visit you in your sanctuary of flora and fauna.  Springtime will be near soon, so I will get out my seed packets for another flower bed adventure coming.

t
t2f

Taimi

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 08:48:33 PM »
Right now i'm like a squirrel running in a wheel with my job and everything else.

Actually i'm not sure how long i can carry on like this. today especially my brain refuses from working.

Gunslinger

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 11:35:35 PM »
You can do it, Rubina.  One step at a time!!   ;D

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 11:53:19 PM »
Jenn, the quiet is not with me nownear my home, as it was in the forestland there.  But I find a new solace within the sounds of this small town.  The lake is so near that I can hear the boats in summertime from my bonsai tables.  I don't even fish anymore, just sit there and become the lights reflecting off the still waters of this small resort in my life.  My roots still the sounds.  You know what I mean?  I can individuate the different outside sounds here because there is no hubub of a city.  The multitude of livestock trucks go into the processing plants here constantly and full ones leave for the markets and dinner tables of our country.  A giant circle of existence as I watch it and also participate in it. 

No, it's not your forest but my memories of there are just brain cells away, my Dear.  I will return there soon, maybe to even visit you in your sanctuary of flora and fauna.  Springtime will be near soon, so I will get out my seed packets for another flower bed adventure coming.

t

Dearest Tommy, It sounds like you have a lovely place to snuggle into life and still tap into the silence, even if its a slice away from what your heart longs for in sanctuary.

Peace within, Spirit everywhere..

My woodland is open to visitors.. *smiles*

Much Love, Jennifer

Taimi

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 12:21:19 AM »
You can do it, Rubina.  One step at a time!!   ;D

we'll see :)
today in the morning i took an hour and went out for a walk, it didn't help. then at the lunch time i went home and went to sleep, slept for an hour and then back to work. it's a bit better now.

Gunslinger

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 12:25:50 AM »
It would be a bit lengthy to explain, so I won't.  But, I know what that feels like.  *smiles*

Taimi

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 07:24:45 PM »
The thing is that i'm not really tired or running out of time with my tasks. There's just hundreds of minitasks and sometimes i get kind of lost in the middle of all this. Then just my brain is not able to receive anything and i just stare in the air thinking i should be doing something but i can't remember what it was  ;D
But in general i think it's a good practice.

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 12:42:14 AM »
I used to, at one time in the past, keep a bunch of irons in the fire.  It seemed the important thing to do, you know?  I called it this and that, from enthusiastic to energetic to even industrious.  But time took its toll and I arrived at a point where I had to change, even the little things.  I was stressing over trying not to be stressed. 

I did a little middle-age reassessment and some day you may get to this juncture, I dunno.  I had to cull on a very serious level, Dear, and hopefully you may, too, one day. 

At fifty I took a less-stressful job, moved to a lower-maintenance homestyle, changed my eating/sleeping/exercise habits and "turned off the noise".

Maybe you and others here are not at this point because you all feel you still can "control it all", tough it out or whatever self-hypnotic trance you choose.

Being older than sixty is surely not an accomplish, by NO means, but it holds lessons learnt only through experience.  My Intent to lighten my load drove me to a personal task of Power.  The load I lifted from self was replaced with another that was not so industrious because of physical dictates and the emotional need to give myself back the time I deserved to cultivate a new form.

Take one moment at a time, still, but remember to remember that self is not that bad a thing if tended to properly and Intentful.  Take care of yourself first and your doings and not-doings become stronger, more relaxed.

tommy2
t2f

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk