Author Topic: Spirits  (Read 535 times)

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
Re: Spirits
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 04:55:21 PM »
When speaking of these 'shells' it is not so easy to be clear. Take the Indian gods who I have explored. Are they shells or manifestations of human desires, or real with energetic essence? I would have said many years ago, that they are projections of inner archetypes in the human subconscious. Now I say they are that, but also more - they come to me as individuated beings.

You said once something about how this forum kind of takes on a life of its own. Is that kind of like this, and is the spirit/s of this forum just shells or do they truly have a life of their own?
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

erik

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »
Could you clarify the distinction?

No, I already made it. :)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 08:52:15 PM »
You said once something about how this forum kind of takes on a life of its own. Is that kind of like this, and is the spirit/s of this forum just shells or do they truly have a life of their own?

not an easy answer.
Think of how a tree grows - it has it's own innate spirit. It is not a shell - but it is lacking in a certain degree of awareness. Then when a tree gets old or strong, another spirit comes to live within it - the idea of multiple spirits within a being is common.

Take a human - there is a spirit who represents the 'body' aspect. There millions of smaller spirits associated with tiny aspects plus the maintenance of these. Take the shoulder rotator cuff joint - a marvel of modern engineering. that it exists twice in your body means it has an inherent spirit - these are a class of spirits, which you can research if you wish - plus there is the spirits who rejuvenate the tendons while you sleep, plus the spirits who represent the 'idea' behind the design.

But there is a spirit of your 'body' as a whole. Then comes along a very different spirit, who adds a unique consciousness to the whole of your being. This is the spirit who you would normally conceptualise as 'I', and is the spirit who leaves the body when dreaming. This is the 'tenant' spirit.

When you have a place, like a house, restaurant or an internet forum, you have the innate spirit of the place due to its agglutination - as a receptacle. This is the basic mood of a place, enhanced by the efforts to make the place have 'character'. But if the place has a 'special' quality, it can attract the spirits who associate with that quality. And some of those who are especially attracted, can become tenants, who add their energy to the whole mood.

But then there is another level of spirits - so there are some deeper secrets to a place like Soma.

None of these are really 'shells' in the sense of a 'god' who is worshipped and lavished with attention, filling it with the longings of its devotees. However, the same process does occur in a place like Soma, such that as members work through their Path processes here, and give forth energetic expressions of revealing honesty and awakening, these energies lodge in the vehicle, and thus become available to others, who are also striving on their own Path. This is also a matter of spirits.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2023, 03:40:40 PM »
I've always thought that "the Christ" and "the devil" were both examples of beings who gained independent energy through the momentum of people's attributions and imputations to them.  I'm re-evaluating that idea these days. Though "the devil" does come to be a catch-all concept, it seems.

They feel very different to me than "Shiva" or "Kali". But I believe what you're saying, M, about needing to be in India to have a full appreciation therein.

The "empty shell" concept is most driven home to me by 'tulpas'. I had one of those once, and I assumed he would just fade away through my own neglect. But if I tune into him, I sense that he is still about, consorting with his own kind. (In his case, centaurs.)

But this brings up another question: did I really 'create' him, or did I simply perceive him out of the flotsam and jetsam around me?

Interesting topic, Jen!

Borrowing. Ash or others can see.

There is Jesus "son of god" and then there is Jesus whom folks have fueled into a being which...on the cross like don juan said is happy there. That is not Jesus - not at all. Not what the church how do I say it - its been fueled as a guilt and oppressive spirit that loves yet will also reject to a hell - that is not the real Jesus - that I would agree with Vicki here - is a construct.

The devil in truth is that which humans can project all the blame on and it has taken on a mind of its own. Its become a thing. Now even bigger is Lucifer - the fallen angel/star. That false light was definitely created and fueled - this has doomed the judgmental christian - those who didnt really listen to his teachings fell for the spell - hook line and sinker. They were ripe for it when it showed itself. And now they are ready to war for it. But this "being" was fueled and there are even those sympathetic to it. That also is bad (Blavasky - this is why I cant bring myself to finish The Secret Doctrine). That is a construct which is incredibly dangerous.

The Jesus "son of god" or even "son of man" which I do believe is within is REAL and not a construct. When I went through the purge, I ended up at the crucifixion and went through the Mary experience. The moment where the father darkens the skies and he wants his mothers face. The true power is in that - where she kneels and sits and stays the whole time. Having to suffer the anquish of watching her sons suffering and death. But she doesnt dare break her gaze cause he needs her. So he feels the father foresakes him but the mother does not - she stays.

I had to sit through that and experience it - understand it. And i see why the knees are a thing - you see it and drop you go weak - you cant stand up. And its also so he has a better view of the face of the mother.

So no - that is no construct - that really happened. That is the thing. That is the sad thing and Ive said it before a million times if such a spirit did walk the earth - man would kill him. Thats the sad truth.

The devil gets the blame for what darkness humans do - but ultimately who is to be "guilty" of things. I have said - the devil is the prosecutor - Jesus is the defense atty.

Im aware the story of Odin or Mithras are similar. Im aware this occurence occurs - the astrological connotations of how the cross is formed and passing light saves the day defeats the darkness in the winter etc the astrological components. Yes, all true. This has been done more than once, surely. But that is not just a story. Im sure of it. If it were only a story - then you could say - the light itself would not save us. We would have nothing - no seasons - no light to come. Just a world of pure darkness so - its real. There is a false light and a real light.

My main concern is the real light - and does it matter which Lamp shines that light? Buddha? Jesus? Krishna? It does - those are true Lights. Its all connected. But just as man didnt construct the sun itself - nor did those three be constructed by man. They are the sun expressing itself and walked the earth.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk