Author Topic: Carl Jung  (Read 127 times)

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
Carl Jung
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:15:52 AM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:56:53 AM by Nichi »
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Carl Jung
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »
yep .. and it's even worse than that.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:18:33 AM »
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:20:08 AM »
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 07:12:52 PM »

That's an extremely cliché statement. Of course, there is no way to know if Carl actually said that, but if he did, I suspect it was on the way to explaining something much more interesting.

Anyway, the issue is how to deal with the irritating manifestations of others, regardless of what it says about ourselves.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 07:18:26 PM »

Fair comment, but do we have to have it plastered across some image, as if someone is trying to sell us something? I feel I am being treated like an imbecile when I look at these groovy statements plastered across groovy images. It's like looking at book covers - that the book means less than the cover. The cover is interesting but I don't want to be smothered in them. As if I'm likely to believe the comment more by having it shoved in my face with an emotional image to sugar coat it.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 01:16:42 AM »
That's an extremely cliché statement. Of course, there is no way to know if Carl actually said that, but if he did, I suspect it was on the way to explaining something much more interesting.

Anyway, the issue is how to deal with the irritating manifestations of others, regardless of what it says about ourselves.

He did say it, I read his books. It has to do with the projections we do, and how we can spot the shadow in others, which is not too different from ourselves.

Jung knew people were like mirrors, and when we are irritated with someone, it is possible we bear the same trait.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 01:19:15 AM »
Fair comment, but do we have to have it plastered across some image, as if someone is trying to sell us something? I feel I am being treated like an imbecile when I look at these groovy statements plastered across groovy images. It's like looking at book covers - that the book means less than the cover. The cover is interesting but I don't want to be smothered in them. As if I'm likely to believe the comment more by having it shoved in my face with an emotional image to sugar coat it.

You do not know how to appreciate someone's art. This is an image they decided expressed the quote. I see nothing wrong with them creating this graphic to express themselves. This has a primordial feel, that this comment is as old as time and applies going way back for people. You choose an image for your book cover. You choose that fire/log image with the cowboy hat and the phoenix to represent soma. People are free and welcome to choose how to express themselves. It is not necessary to be critical of someone's expression. At least they are choosing to express themselves then shut up and not say a word. We do not need the world to be silent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk