Author Topic: Jimi Hendrix Experience  (Read 46 times)

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
Jimi Hendrix Experience
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:44:21 PM »
Good gracious this is some darned snazzy drumming for rock'n'roll.
(Mitch Mitchell)

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Hvfzrffto2I/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hvfzrffto2I"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hvfzrffto2I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Hvfzrffto2I</a>
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 09:47:54 PM by Nichi »
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
Re: Jimi Hendrix Experience
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:00:24 PM »
He doesn't sound bad here, either.

Bold As Love
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Jahn

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 05:04:51 AM »
Artists from  that I have only one record of, or none at all:

Jimi Hendrix (one)
The Doors (I have several but they all came in a Collection that I bought)
Janis Joplin (none)
Nirvana (none)
Amy Winehouse (none)

Please don't ask me why.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 07:51:25 AM »
Artists from  that I have only one record of, or none at all:

Jimi Hendrix (one)
The Doors (I have several but they all came in a Collection that I bought)
Janis Joplin (none)
Nirvana (none)
Amy Winehouse (none)

Please don't ask me why.

I won't ask you why, heheh, but I'll give my own takes.
I never liked the Doors, Janis Joplin, or Nirvana, though Nirvana falls into a different region for me: I simply don't like a lot of frenetic, gratuitously high-speed guitar-licks. The Doors I didn't care for because they set themselves up to be the masters of darkness - though I do like "Riders on the Storm".  Janis always sounded too scratchy for me.

My reaction to Hendrix has changed over the years. Back in the day, among the musicians, he was heralded, no mistake. "All Along the Watchtower" could be the song of the generation, and a couple of film-makers have used it perfectly in their soundtrack ("Good Morning, Vietnam" and "Forrest Gump" come to mind.) Now, though, after learning of his bizarre and violent treatment of women, I can hardly ferret out that information when I hear him. Now, vocally, he sounds like a thug to me.

I was happy to discover the good drumming, which I never noticed back then.

(I don't know from Amy Winehouse...)
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Jahn

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 04:38:54 AM »
I won't ask you why, heheh, but I'll give my own takes.
I never liked the Doors, Janis Joplin, or Nirvana, though Nirvana falls into a different region for me: I simply don't like a lot of frenetic, gratuitously high-speed guitar-licks. The Doors I didn't care for because they set themselves up to be the masters of darkness - though I do like "Riders on the Storm".  Janis always sounded too scratchy for me.

My reaction to Hendrix has changed over the years. Back in the day, among the musicians, he was heralded, no mistake. "All Along the Watchtower" could be the song of the generation, and a couple of film-makers have used it perfectly in their soundtrack ("Good Morning, Vietnam" and "Forrest Gump" come to mind.) Now, though, after learning of his bizarre and violent treatment of women, I can hardly ferret out that information when I hear him. Now, vocally, he sounds like a thug to me.

I was happy to discover the good drumming, which I never noticed back then.

(I don't know from Amy Winehouse...)

We have some similar "experience" regarding these artists that is hard to define.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 08:59:28 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk