Author Topic: Exploring Varanasi  (Read 448 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Exploring Varanasi
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2007, 01:57:08 PM »
yes guys, that's it alright. That last one from V is the main street - looks great at night with all the lights.

This is a wonderful place.

Julie is really pissed off because she has a cold and is holed up in the room. I am off to the drum factory today, to see if I can get a good Mridangam drum.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 01:25:04 AM »
My interpretation of all that is through my beliefs, and those are typical of most Americans.  You know, the right/and wrong, dirty/clean, health, religion, and all that.   But, behind all that is a feeling, something deep and beyond my beliefs.  It's a fatigue and a tiredness in my essence.  I've had enough of those experiences.  Other folks haven't had enough, and that's okay.  I'm tired of it, though.

not sure you have got that right there todd. i'd guess the first part, 'typical of most Americans' is the more accurate part. so i would ask, are you an 'American'? i mean in your essence?

it reminds me of gurdjieff, who went to egypt because of the possibility he 'would become someone different'.

i suspect the fatigue is more about not wanting to go through the agony you know is in store in crossing those boundries of your identity. and let me assure you, india means agony. so i feel you know well what is in store for you.

but let me say, india has little to do with it - crossing the borders always means agony. someone recently said i believed east was better than west, but that is not true - i love east because of a personal quirk. any world will do, as long as it isn't yours.

as you should know, it is the space inbetween worlds that is what we seek.

Gunslinger

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007, 02:31:55 AM »
Heya Michael,

I am glad your trip is really special for you.

A little context for the statement you quote may help.  It was in response to the first pic of all the people on the ghat, in the river.  As I watched the pic, abstractly my AP went there. I felt the automatic responses to those feelings of being there, and I noticed them.  I traced them back to their belief systems I was raised with.  Obviously, I still hold them, to some extent.  To a great deal, though I don't still hold to those beliefs.  I still have some of the resulting automatic responses, even if I don't act on them, and even if they don't have power over me, the urges are still there.  The programs don't actually run, but the data is still on the disk, so to speak.  It's like when you delete a file on a disk, you still haven't erased it until you write over it.

not sure you have got that right there todd. i'd guess the first part, 'typical of most Americans' is the more accurate part. so i would ask, are you an 'American'? i mean in your essence?

No, I'm not an American, in essence.  I'm way, way more than that.  I was raised in America, and inculcated in those American beliefs, especially those of the upper middle class.  That's my experience in this focus, in this present now, but in essence I'm much more than that.  That's something I'll never get all of, either, which is the exciting part.

it reminds me of gurdjieff, who went to egypt because of the possibility he 'would become someone different'.

That's the funky part of identity in consciousness.  We are never who we were a moment ago, and we are not the future probabilities we create in the now, either.  But, we are.  *smiles*

i suspect the fatigue is more about not wanting to go through the agony you know is in store in crossing those boundries of your identity. and let me assure you, india means agony. so i feel you know well what is in store for you.

You speak as if the fatigue is something in store for my future.  I speak of it as something in the past.  You haven't the benefit of my recapitulations of my many other focuses.  Nothing wrong with that.  For example, the pic of the people on the ghat and in the river reminded me of agony of being there, and experiencing that.  Those feelings were contrasted in energy with the feelings of my beliefs in my present American focus.  In essence, it felt like the fatigue of age, when you know it's time to move on.

east was better than west, but that is not true - i love east because of a personal quirk. any world will do, as long as it isn't yours.

*smile*  I agree with this--nothing's better than anything else.  It's all preferences and choices and experience.  Oh, how that makes people twinge!!  That's okay.  Made me twinge, too.  Still does every time I'm reminded after I forget.

In my present now, I'm crossing the borders of my inner worlds.  Some are agonizing, some blissful.  So I wouldn't say that agony of crossing borders is an absolute.  In my past, I've crossed physical borders, and some I found blissful, some fearful, some agonizing, some fun.  I think the fear of crossing borders comes from making an absolute truth of the belief in "normalcy" and unacceptability of differences.  It's been agonizing in the past so it MUST be agonizing in the future.  Incorrect.  That is not an absolute.

BORDERS  Those are unique places and only the most accepting of people can experience them fully.  I don't think I expressed my feeling there accurately.  Words draw boundaries, and there are none in the spaces between worlds.

Namaste'
Todd

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 10:01:16 AM »
I am off to the drum factory today, to see if I can get a good Mridangam drum.

Soooo... did you find a new drum???  :) :) :)
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 02:15:44 PM »
yes, I'm buying a Mridangam. i hope it arrives safely - I've left off some of the payment till after delivery. these people look like a good source, so if anyone wants a sitar or tabla, i will give the address, but lets see if what i get is a good one - the one i saw was great.

Mridangam is like a tabla in sound structure but a single double sided drum, so I can strap it around my neck and play horizontal strokes - means I can dance while playing.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 12:22:44 AM »
Excellent!

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2023, 09:08:52 PM »
Jennifer, one day I'll accompany you to Kashi...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk