Author Topic: Old fox walking over ice  (Read 615 times)

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
Re: Old fox walking over ice
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »
Even driving a car in the city alone makes me feel like i'm losing control over my life ;D . It's good actually, being in control is boring.

You mean you dont like wearing the pants in your family, Rubina??  How surprising!!  :D

The quote you mention was in the chapter that introduced "death as advisor", IIRC.  Its good advice IMO as well.
Other is.  Self must struggle to exist.

- Brian George

Taimi

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 06:11:17 PM »
You mean you dont like wearing the pants in your family, Rubina??  How surprising!!  :D

What family ?  ::)

Jahn

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 02:50:22 AM »
Like being in control?

I've been thinking about this lately. My life used to be very simple. I liked it when i had a clear view about the things happening. But now there are many things going on, so i can't predict what's going to happen, especially in conjunction to my job. Even driving a car in the city alone makes me feel like i'm losing control over my life ;D . It's good actually, being in control is boring. Like somewhere in CC's books it was said - 'When nothing is for sure we remain alert, perennially on our toes. It is more exciting not to know which bush the rabbit is hiding behind than to behave as though we know everything'.

I think it should read - "Don't knowing where the rabbit pops up next time".

To be in the flow doesn't exclude control. But to be in "personal power" is a better term. We sometimes talk about Dominion compared to Domination. We do not Dominate but we have, or would like to have, Dominion.

I've seen some weird examples of control freaks, and when I get stressed by something I can go into that mode too. I got difficulties with right clothes. I cannot risk to be cold, cause the reuma disorder, and I do not want to melt away in sweat when indoors. So I have difficulties with cloths and try to get the control over the climate. (I invented global warming because it is so damn cold up here in the North)  ;D.

Taimi

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 03:07:51 AM »
I think it should read - "Don't knowing where the rabbit pops up next time".

That's also how it was translated into estonian. But i found the english quote somewhere on the internet so i figured it should be correct. Would be interesting to read all CC's books in English...

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 05:45:39 AM »

- Brian George

Taimi

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 06:52:06 AM »
The human one.

I don't have that.

PS actually driving is fun, just i haven't done it much yet. I'll get used to it. Driving is quite easy, but i don't like all the accompaning stuff like parking and getting out of snowdrifts, and all the technical stuff... quite embarrassing sometimes...

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 01:14:56 PM »
I don't have that.

Yes, you do - otherwise you wouldnt be here on this forum, typing with human fingers, speaking in human words.  Sexy, sexy words...  :P

... quite embarrassing sometimes...

Embarrassing?  Thats about as human as you can get, btw.

Dont worry, I still want to give you  :-*

- Brian George

nichi

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 01:31:43 PM »
(I invented global warming because it is so damn cold up here in the North)  ;D.

Ohhhh, so you were the one!   :D

Taimi

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 06:44:24 PM »
Yes, you do - otherwise you wouldnt be here on this forum, typing with human fingers, speaking in human words.  Sexy, sexy words...
You too have human fingers and use human words, can't escape that.

Embarrassing?  Thats about as human as you can get, btw.

I know  ;), usually i don't get embarrassed. but after trying to get out of a snowdrift for about 20 min and when i then discover i had the handbrake on, i did feel a bit stupid  :P if human then human, i don't mind anymore.

Dont worry, I still want to give you  :-*

I'm not worried ...

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 07:15:51 PM by Rubina »

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 02:40:04 AM »
You too have human fingers and use human words, can't escape that.

I never claimed to.  That was your side.  Dont let your fantasy get the better of you.  Twist it all you want, sooner or later it will break.

- Brian George

Taimi

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 02:51:37 AM »
what will break? fantasy? what fantasy?

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 04:37:32 AM »
you work so hard, you follow the true path, you hold your tongue, you carry your forebearance willingly, and with grace. you watch your step, you pause, you push, you hold, you let go. Now you are very close, almost there.

this is the moment just before...

but there is one last trap, you old fox.

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 07:32:32 PM »

It is interesting that you would find yourself here in a forum such as this, amongst these people - lovers of mystery, the unknown and the unknowable... if you only wish to keep putting on the brakes.  At some point, you will take that leap.  The only question is: will you do it by choice, or will you wait till it is forced on you by "outside" circumstances?

I've been meaning to ask about you feel I am putting on the brakes.  I'm quite slow so help me out here, OK?  t
t2f

Jahn

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 06:27:01 AM »

t there is a kind of another dimension to all of this ... Baba J has been there (long ago)
me too
you're close - I know.

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 07:25:27 AM »
Just wondering.  If others see me differently than I appear to myself I want to know about it, that's all.  Always room for improvement/adjustment.    Thanks. t
t2f

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk