Author Topic: The second coming  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
The second coming
« on: January 31, 2014, 05:55:47 AM »
When? Anytime soon? What do you think?

I've heard it is already happening. There are some signs in the world, in nature and society. Catastrhophes, revelations.

erik

Re: The second coming
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 06:42:38 AM »
I suggest you read Barbara Tuchman's 'A Distant Mirror' (Kauge peegel).

http://www.amazon.com/Distant-Mirror-Calamitous-14th-Century/dp/0345349571
https://www.rahvaraamat.ee/p/kauge-peegel/25289/et?isbn=9789949438631

You'll discover that what happens in our world now is nowhere near being unique or extraordinary.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 07:34:42 AM »
After all Jesus was a real being.  And it is said in the Bible that the second coming will happen. One doesn't have to be a Christian to read the Bible. Bible doesn't equal christianity.

I have been reading, there is a lot of mention of the second coming. Jesus was a being who brought this spiritual information into the world, christianity is what people made of it after. I'm not familiar with the English version of the Bible but I think the chapter that says a lot about second coming is the "Revelation" in the New Testament.

To me it seems that Bible has the clearest spiritual message next to CC's books. In the beginning greating the world and humans. What we call "Gods" may be our creators. Humanity is kind of like and experiment, to see if we are capable of evolving spiritually. Then there comes a time to harvest, which I suppose is the second coming.

If I can find the right spots in the English version, I will quote.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 07:46:10 AM »
I think of Jesus sort of like an alien in a human body. A highly evovled being, or one of Gods, which is why he was able to do all these miracles. But he must not be the only one, there must be more of these highly evovled beings somewhere. What seems impossible for us, is natural to them. Flying saucers, crop circles and so on, could be all connected.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 08:17:35 AM »
I think of Jesus sort of like an alien in a human body. A highly evovled being, or one of Gods, which is why he was able to do all these miracles. But he must not be the only one, there must be more of these highly evovled beings somewhere. What seems impossible for us, is natural to them. Flying saucers, crop circles and so on, could be all connected.

You might find all of this interesting, Taimi: 

A List of the Ascended Masters

This is based on the work of Alice Bailey, who has been (rightly) criticized as racist in decades since. Nonetheless, her system is the basis of the idea that these "Ascended masters" are working on specific rays of energy.

From Wiki:
The Seven Rays of energy

Underlying her writings is the idea that all is energy and that spirit, matter, and the psychic forces intermediate between them are forms of energy.[39] This energy is life itself.[40] From one essential energy, divinity, proceed seven rays that underlie and shape the evolution of human life and the entire phenomenal world.[41] On a cosmic level, these seven rays of energy are the creative forces of planets and stars. On a microcosmic level, they are the creative forces conditioning the physical, psychic, and spiritual constitution of man. (Jurriaance, p. 73–152)

In Esoteric Psychology I, the first book of A Treatise on the Seven Rays, Bailey writes that the "one Life sought expansion" resulting in seven aeons, or emanations, manifesting in the expression of life, becoming the "seven Rishis of all the ancient scriptures."[42]

She enumerates these seven as:[43]

The Lord of Power or Will
    The Lord of Love-Wisdom
    The Lord of Active Intelligence
    The Lord of Harmony, Beauty and Art
    The Lord of Concrete Knowledge and Science
    The Lord of Devotion and Idealism
    The Lord of Ceremonial Order or Magic

Although described as "Lords" and "persons", Bailey states that these "great forces" are not to be understood in terms of human personality. She cautions that any description of such things must be couched in terms of our particular planet, such that humanity can understand it, but that these "pure Beings ... have purposes and activities in which our Earth plays only a minor part."[42]

In Bailey's concept the rays and all things manifest in centers of energy and their relationships.[44] All rays and centers are focuses of some type of evolving life or consciousness. (Jurriaance, p. 35–52) This includes everything from atoms to centers or chakras in the human constitution, and upwards through the human aura to groups of humans as centers, and cities and nations as centers. (Jurriaance, pp. 79–90 ) Humanity as a whole is conceived as a center of energy as are the masters of wisdom of which she writes.[45] Likewise, planet Earth as a whole, with all its subsidiary centers of life, is viewed as a center of life within the large life or divinity of our solar system.

The concept of the seven rays can also be found in Theosophical works.[46] Campbell writes that Bailey, "...was the first to develop the idea of the seven rays, although it can be found in germ in earlier Theosophical writings."[47] The seven rays also appear in Hindu religious philosophy.[48][49]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Bailey
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:39:49 AM by Nichi »
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 08:32:44 AM »
Taimi, one of things with revelation and the book of daniel is that before there can be a second coming of christ, the jewish people must have a temple. Their temple was destroyed in ad 70, which Jesus did predict it would happen. Anyway, for certain things to be ticked off, they must have a temple in jerusalem which they do not, as this is where the antichrist would go into the temple and declare himself God, and everyone would know then who he was. Then it is seven years of hell and Jesus comes back, according to the book. But there are so many different interps of Revelation and The Book of Daniel so hard to say it all. But basically as long as the Jewish people do not have a temple, this cannot happen. Right now the Dome of the Rock stands in the place of where the Jewish people once had a temple and there is no way they would dare tear it down for the Jewish people to build one in its place. All they have presently is the wailing wall.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 08:42:43 AM »
A quote from that site:
"An Ascended Master is a Being of Light, who has had many lives in a physical body, just like you – and through these lives and their own freewill and hard work have raised their vibration and consciousness. They have attained mastery over themselves and the elements through time and space. They have left the cycle of rebirth."

When it comes to Jesus, I don't think he had to be a human before. I believe there are beings who actually don't live as humans, they have their level of awareness in their own realm, which is unimaginable for us, humans, since we haven't seen anything else. So I think he came down from this other realm, he didn't evolve from a human.

You might find all of this interesting, Taimi: 

A List of the Ascended Masters

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 08:58:24 AM »
He didnt have a normal conception according to the book, but he did clearly have a mother according to the NT and a normal birth. Another reason this would be important is because when resurrected, Thomas (from the 'doubting thomas) put his finger through the piercings of his hands from the crucifixion. Also in the Bible it does teach of him being a child during the times, like when he went to the temple and spoke to priests which acknowledged he had a good handle on the scriptures for his age.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 09:01:50 AM by ~Urania »
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 09:04:08 AM »
When it comes to Jesus, I don't think he had to be a human before.

This statement indicates you have a strong faith in Jesus. Respectfully, I can acknowledge a generic "Christ Consciousness", but I am not a follower of Jesus. So it's best that I duck out of this discussion. It looks like Ellen is better able to serve here - as well as Jahn and Juhani, no doubt.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 09:07:42 AM »
I mean the "soul" or energetic essence of him. I see myself and most of the humanity as born only from earth and have only a local awareness, sort of like an animal, who has a chance to evolve to be more than that. But he already came from other realm to this body that he used as a vessel. Of course we may think that we are already divine and have an eternal life after bodily existence, but I don't think it is that simple. Even don Juan spoke of this getting past the eagle and that most people's awareness just burns and nothing is left.

He didnt have a normal conception according to the book, but he did clearly have a mother according to the NT and a normal birth. Another reason this would be important is because when resurrected, Thomas (from the 'doubting thomas) put his finger through the piercings of his hands from the crucifixion. Also in the Bible it does teach of him being a child during the times, like when he went to the temple and spoke to priests which acknowledged he had a good handle on the scriptures for his age.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 09:10:56 AM »
You don't have to be a follower of Jesus to read the Bible and make your own conclusion, like with any other spiritual material.

This statement indicates you have a strong faith in Jesus. Respectfully, I can acknowledge a generic "Christ Consciousness", but I am not a follower of Jesus. So it's best that I duck out of this discussion. It looks like Ellen is better able to serve here - as well as Jahn and Juhani, no doubt.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 09:15:17 AM »
I mean the "soul" or energetic essence of him. I see myself and most of the humanity as born only from earth and have only a local awareness, sort of like an animal, who has a chance to evolve to be more than that. But he already came from other realm to this body that he used as a vessel. Of course we may think that we are already divine and have an eternal life after bodily existence, but I don't think it is that simple. Even don Juan spoke of this getting past the eagle and that most people's awareness just burns and nothing is left.

Ok. Just very important he took physical form because if he had been like a ghost, he could not have suffered as he did. And even resurrected per the teachings he rose in the physical form which is important per the Thomas experience when he put his fingers through his hands. The Jehovah witnesses say he rose like a ghost but this would be incorrect per the book because of what Thomas experienced, and of course, there was no body in the temple when Mary Magdalena went there to anoint his body.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »
You don't have to be a follower of Jesus to read the Bible and make your own conclusion, like with any other spiritual material.

I've read the Bible. I don't have the working knowledge of it that Ellen and Jahn do, but yes, we all can read many things without having to wear the name badge -- from the Bhagavad Gita to the Koran to the Bible to all the other sacred texts of humankind.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 09:22:38 AM by Nichi »
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 09:23:16 AM »
I've read the Bible. I don't have the working knowledge of it that Ellen and Jahn do, but yes, we all can read many things without having to wear the name badge -- from the Bhagavad Gita to the Koran to the Bible.

Very true. I do believe in Jesus still but I think a lot of the bible is lost in translation. Like I believe there are other ways to God, and that other religions have good intent like christianity has good intent (when you set aside the fundy interpretations)! It all works together somehow, tho we all have different philosophies when it comes to such things. This is why I prefer to wear no label. I take on one, then I am not acknowledging others fairly. And I see value in most of them. Sure there are some I dont care for, but I keep my opinions on such things to myself.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 04:19:46 AM »
The Unitarian Universalists have had a tendency to believe that it is our job to create heaven on earth. Then perhaps the second coming is the awakening of the Christ consciousness within the masses, and the full material actualization of that.

UU's, though I love their community, lack an esoteric center. I believe such a center would be needed to channel higher energies throughout the efforts of the rest of the group. In other words they need a center that is a clear, minimally sullied, reflection of the goal they are seeking...I.e. an esoteric center that is the embodiment of heaven on earth.

To achieve such a thing would be momentus, and I am not holding my breath for it. Though if I had to cast my lot I would cast it with the UU's as they are tolerant of just about every religion, and striving for heaven on earth makes more sense to me than waiting for it to happen at some unknown time.

I had a friend who was a Jehovah's witness, and would debate religious, and philosophical questions. He could never sufficiently defend the position of sitting back and waiting for the second coming. It was always, humans are flawed, so we have to wait for Christ.
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk