Author Topic: The second coming  (Read 1582 times)

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Re: The second coming
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2014, 12:27:19 PM »
An Atheist's Favourite Bible Verses

(All quotes from Revised Standard Version)

Hats off to Eve, the heroic Biblical character who stood up to God and dared to reach for wisdom, truth, beauty, and good food; and to the serpent, who had the guts to tell the truth about God's lies, arrogance, injustice, and tyranny.

Genesis 3:2-6

And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden; but God said, "You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.'" But the serpent said to the woman, "You will not die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, and he ate.

And a kick in the butt to Adam, that sniveling, finger-pointing, pusillanimous, brain-dead excuse for a husband.

Genesis 3:12

The man said, "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me fruit of the tree, and I ate."

Excerpt from the forbidden book, avariciously read by 8-year old Christians everywhere, by flashlight. They were puzzled then and they're puzzled now.

Song of Solomon 7:1-9

How graceful are your feet in sandals, O queenly maiden! Your rounded thighs are like jewels, the work of a master hand. Your navel is a rounded bowl that never lacks mixed wine. Your belly is a heap of wheat, encircled with lilies. Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle. Your neck is like an ivory tower. Your eyes are pools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim. Your nose is like a tower of Lebanon, overlooking Damascus. Your head crowns you like Carmel, and your flowing locks are like purple; a king is held captive in the tresses.

God forces people to believe in lies and then condemns them for it.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The criminal death of a fetus is a misdemeanor, not murder.

Exodus 21:22-25

When men strive together, and hurt a woman with child, so that there is a miscarriage, and yet no harm follows, the one who hurt her shall be fined, according as the woman's husband shall lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

The Bible is pro-choice -- it says it is better to be aborted in the womb than to live an unhappy or wicked life.

Jeremiah 20:14-18

Cursed be the day I was born! the day when my mother bore me, let it not be blessed! Cursed be the man who brought the news to my father, "A son is born to you," making him very glad. Let that man be like the cities which the Lord overthrew without pity; let him hear a cry in the morning and an alarm at noon, because he did not kill me in the womb; so my mother would have been my grave, and her womb for ever great.. Why did I come forth from the womb to see toil and sorrow, and spend my days in shame?

Job 3:16-19

Or why was I not as a hidden untimely birth, as infants that never see the light? There the wicked cease from troubling, and there the weary are at rest. There the prisoners are at ease together; they hear not the voice of the taskmaster. The small and the great are there, and the slave is free from his master.

Ecclesiastes 6:3-5

If a man begets a hundred children, and lives many years, so that the days of his years are many, but he does not enjoy life's good things, and also has no burial, I say that an untimely birth is better off than he. For it comes into vanity and goes into darkness, and in darkness its name is covered; moreover it has not seen the sun or known anything; yet it finds rest rather than he.

A couple of examples of the Old Testament's respect for women.

Judges 19:22-29

As they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, base fellows, beset the house round about, beating on the door; and they said to the old man, the master of the house, "Bring out the man who came into your house, that we may know him." And the man, the master of the house, went out to them and said to them, "No, my brethren, do not act so wickedly; seeing that this man has come into my house, do not do this vile thing. Behold, here are my virgin daughter and his concubine; let me bring them out now. Ravish them and do with them what seems good to you; but against this man do not do so vile a thing." But the men would not listen to him. So the man seized his concubine, and put her out to them; and they knew her, and abused her all night until the morning. And as the dawn began to break, they let her go. And as morning appeared, the woman came and fell down at the door of the man's house where her master was, till it was light. And her master rose up in the morning, and when he opened the doors of the house and went out to go on his way, behold, there was his concubine lying at the door of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, "Get up, let us be going." But there was no answer. Then he put her upon the ass; and the man rose up and went away to his home. And when he entered his house, he took a knife, and laying hold of his concubine, he divided her, limb by limb, into twelve pieces, and sent her throughout all the territory of Israel.

Genesis 19:4-8

But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both young and old, all the people to the last man, surrounded the house; and they called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them." Lot went out of the door to the men, shut the door after him, and said, "I beg you, my brothers, do not act so wickedly. Behold, I have two daughters who have not known man; let me bring them out to you, and do to them as you please; only do nothing to these men, for they have come under the shelter of my roof."

The adultery test---a God-sanctioned recourse for any suspicious husband:

Numbers 5:17, 24-28

The priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put in into the water. … And he shall make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings the curse, and the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain. … If she has acted unfaithfully against her husband, … her body shall swell, and her thigh shall fall away, and the woman shall become an execration among her people. But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be free and shall conceive children.

Meek and mild Jesus, the harbinger of love, mercy, and turning the other cheek.

Matthew 10:34-35

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes will be those of his own household."

Matthew 13:49-50

"So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth."

Matthew 23:33

"You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?"

A few of God's forgotten commandments.

Exodus 21, 22, and 23

[21:2] "... When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing."

[21:7-8] "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do."

[21:26-27] "When a man strikes the eye of his slave, male or female, and destroys it, he shall let the slave go free for the eye's sake. If he knocks out the tooth of his slave, male or female, he shall let the slave go free for the tooth's sake."

[22:18, KJV] "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

[22:19] "Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death."

[22:20] "He that sacrificeth unto any god save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed."

[22:29] ... "The first-born of your sons you shall give to me. You shall do likewise with your oxen and with your sheep: seven days it shall be with its dam; on the eighth day you shall give it to me."

[23:19] ... "You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk."

After committing genocide against the Midianites, Moses parcels out the booty.

Numbers 31:17, 40

[Verse 17, Moses says:] "Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man by lying with him. But all the young girls who have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

[Verse 40:] The persons [women who had not known man by lying with him] were sixteen thousand, of which the Lord's tribute was thirty-two persons.

God's enthusiastic endorsement of child abuse.

Proverbs 23:13-14

Do not withhold discipline from a child. If you beat him with a rod, he will not die. If you beat him with the rod, you will save his life from Sheol.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father; or the voice of his mother, and, though they chastise him, will not give heed to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, "This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard." Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones; so you shall purge the evil from your midst; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

A kernel of wisdom and realism, amidst the stupidity and wishful thinking.

Ecclesiastes 3:19-20

For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts, for all is vanity. All go to one place, all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again.

The greatest story ever told. It's got it all--heroism, lost innocence, jealousy, betrayal, intrigue, romance, conflict and suspense, humble beginnings, and a glorious end, all tied together by the abiding love between a father and his son. It's the story of Joseph, and reading it still gives me goose bumps.

Genesis 45:1-3

Then Joseph could not control himself before all those who stood by him; and he cried, "Make every one go out from me." So no one stayed with him when Joseph made himself known to his brothers. And he wept aloud, so that the Egyptians heard it, and the household of Pharaoh heard it. And Joseph said to his brothers, "I am Joseph; is my father still alive?"
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »
God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.
Genesis 1.16
If a man sells his daughter as a female slave, she is not to go free as the male slaves do.
Exodus 21.7
Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death
Exodus 22.19
Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.
Exodus 35.2
For thou art a holy people unto Jehovah thy God, and Jehovah hath chosen thee to be a people for his own possession, above all peoples that are upon the face of the earth.
Deuteronomy 14:2
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee
Genesis 3:16
For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.
1 Corinthian 11:8-9
And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head -- it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man.
1 Corinthian 11:5-7
I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet.
1 Timothy 2:12
Let the women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but let them be in subjection, as also saith the law.
And if they would learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home: for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Its entrails, however, and its legs he shall wash with water. And the priest shall offer up in smoke all of it on the altar for a burnt offering, an offering by fire of a soothing aroma to the LORD. (the creator of the universe likes the smell of burning goat meat).
Leviticus 1.9
You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you
Leviticus 11.8
But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you
Leviticus 11.10
When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening.
Leviticus 15.19-24
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
Leviticus 18.22
And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Leviticus 18.32

You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together
Leviticus 19.19
You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard
Leviticus 19.27
And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them
Leviticus 20:13
Speak to Aaron, saying, 'No man of your offspring throughout their generations who has a defect shall approach to offer the food of his God.  For no one who has a defect shall approach: a blind man, or a lame man, or he who has a disfigured face, or any deformed limb, or a man who has a broken foot or broken hand, or a hunchback or a dwarf, or one who has a defect in his eye or eczema or scabs or crushed testicles
Leviticus 21.17-20
As for your male and female slaves whom you may have-- you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you.
Leviticus 25-44
Servants, be submissive to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and gentle, but also to those who are unreasonable.
Peter 2.18
You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD.
Leviticus 19:28
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me (Jesus talking)
Luke 19:27
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.
Luke 12:10, Mark 3:29
Anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him.
Leviticus 24:16
He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned. These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.
Mark 16:18
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.
Deuteronomy 13:6-11
Happy shall he be, that takes and dashes your little ones against the stones.
Psalms 137:9
Slaughter old men, young men and maidens, women and children, but do not touch anyone who has the mark. Begin at my sanctuary." So they began with the elders who were in front of the temple.
Ezekiel 9:6
If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
And Jacob took him rods of green poplar, and of the hazel and chesnut tree; and pilled white strakes in them, and made the white appear which was in the rods. And he set the rods which he had pilled before the flocks in the gutters in the watering troughs when the flocks came to drink, that they should conceive when they came to drink. And the flocks conceived before the rods, and brought forth cattle ringstraked, speckled, and spotted.
Genesis 30:37-39
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out demons; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mark 16:17-18
If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Matthew 17:20
The Earth Is Flat

And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, and shall come forth to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Revel 20:8
And he will set up an ensign for the nations, and will assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth
Isaiah 11:12
Again, the devil taketh him unto an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Matthew 4:8
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

runningstream

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2014, 04:27:24 PM »
i will tell you the reason when the two witnesses stand up

that christ returns and  "kingdom is come"

because an evolutionary feat applied by the "living " god

is completed

the starry sky has emobodied the awareness fully

through the living of that truth which is the lighted way upon the path

in the "twinkling of an eye" 

awareness is bestowed upon that traveller

having maintained this "faith" and lived

"faithfully" his/ her truth as is written in the stars

imagine a solar system spinning and its mirror image within the divine

at one point in "time"

its solar disc passes upon the dark rift

and as it does

the two realities which are actually immense light possibility potentials

merge

at this point this "double"

engages itself

at this point

we have what lord pacau "present" speaks of

and "the little ones are showered with gifts from the father "

dreaming literally merged with reality for that time

that allowance of light giving birth to

a more complete human in that their own bands have aligned

as is written also in the sky

this "birth "

of the two witnesses "actual beings also
"

having been from the "original tree and seed" through "spirit"

then engage further of better put " entire " and also

for a time non dual bands in the space of individual also living

and operate from within that place

that completion is as was christ s embodiment

and what is bound in " heaven" is upon the earth and what is upon the earth is

bound in "heaven " 

"written"

it is important to live your truth fully yes  :)

Jahn

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2014, 03:43:29 AM »
From CC, from an interview:

"What he did was teach me that there's much more to the world than we usually acknowledge -- that our normal expectations about reality are created by social consensus, which is itself a trick. We're taught to see and understand the world through a socialization process that, when working correctly, convinces us that the interpretations we agree upon define the limits of the real world.

Don Juan interrupted this process in my life by demonstrating that we have the capacity to enter into other worlds that are constant and independent of our highly conditioned awareness

Right, Don Juan and Don Genaro provide to Carlos "the new lens" that makes his limited beliefs (demons) to dissolve into thin air.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2014, 03:51:28 AM »
Yet you choose what to do and what do not to do in everyday life. Your conscience tells you to not kill for an example. So how is not killing equal to killing?

Anyway, you can just consider this second coming as a probaility, maybe. Why not? And in the light of this probablity, it is a chance to be impeccable and choose wisely what ever we intend, think and do.

This separation is illusory. Therefore this person being declared a 'seer' who is 'seeing' in black and white, and predicting gloom and doom, does not see. Has not groked what the symbol means, or understands it. Ultimately, one will remain without hope, if they do not meditate, or see in their own true nature. By seeing in one's true nature, this can be overcome. By however clinging to ego, and the illusion it creates, by dividing and subdividing continually, that person is going to be beyond hope.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:53:58 AM by Taimyr »

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 03:58:28 AM »
Yet you choose what to do and what do not to do in everyday life. Your conscience tells you to not kill for an example. So how is not killing right and killing wrong?

Is killing wrong?

Personally I love eating chicken, and if I can figure out how to raise them next summer I will. If we decide we might eat them instead of just there eggs, I am totally okay with being the one to kill them. Will be sad to take a life, but will also be curious about what it is like to take a life. Further I suspect it will result in a deeper appreciation of life.

Also killing other animals as a result of hunting for food, may for various reasons have lead to early man developing an understanding of the afterlife, and a belief in a higher power. Perhaps it even helped us develop greater empathy, and thhe ability to look beyond our limited perspectives... But i can elaborate on my views when i have more time. For now, when you say killing is wrong, I wonder if perhaps you could elaborate?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:00:45 AM by Nick »
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2014, 04:05:22 AM »
How about killing another human without a real need for it?

Also, if someone is interested of spiritual evolution, there are definetly things and actions he/she would consider right or wrong to be able to evolve.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:17:45 AM by Taimyr »

Jahn

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2014, 04:34:57 AM »
How about killing another human without a real need for it?

In my teens I was very good with the rifle, I won, or at least got some awards fo my skill to aim and keep the rifle steady. And I enjoyed to improve my skills with the rifles. Then when I should do my military service (one year) I refused because I had become a pacifist.
Not only because War can be wrong, but also because I knew that if there ever was a sharp situation, I would hit the target, and eventually kill a man.

For that decision, to not join the Army, I had to go to jail.

However, some more ideas about this thing with war (and heroism) has been present before in the spiritual history. For instance: What is our duty?

Dharma and heroism[edit]
 [My underlining]
The Bhagavad Gita is set in the narrative frame of the Mahabharata, which values heroism, "energy, dedication and self-sacrifice",[1] as the dharma, "holy duty"[41] of the Ksatriya (warrior).[41][1][42] In the Bhagavad Gita, Arjuna is "exhorted by his charioteer, Kṛiṣhṇa, among others, to stop hesitating and fulfill his Kṣatriya (warrior) duty as a warrior and kill."[1]

According to Malinar, a central point in the dispute between the two parties in the Mahabharata is the question how to define "the law of heroism".[43][note 4] Malinar gives a description of the dharma of a Ksatriya (warrior) based on the Udyogaparvan, the fifth book of the Mahabharata:

This duty consists first of all in standing one's ground and fighting for status. The main duty of a warrior is never to submit to anybody. A warrior must resist any impulse to self-preservation that would make him avoid a fight. In brief, he ought to be a man (puruso bhava; cf. 5.157.6; 13;15). Some of the most vigorous formulations of what called the "heart" or the "essence" of heroism (ksatrahrdaya) come from the ladies of the family. They bare shown most unforgiving with regard to the humiliations they have gone through, the loss of their status and honour, not to speak of the shame of having a weak man in the house, whether husband, son or brother.[2][note 5]

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:51:37 AM by Jahn »

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2014, 05:49:20 AM »
I suppose you felt it was a right thing to do.

I meant that every person inside himself or herself must have some understanding of right and wrong.

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2014, 06:09:39 AM »
there are many gray areas and nothing is as simple as it seems.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2014, 06:14:15 AM »
The inner knowing will know, if a person asks himself honestly.

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2014, 06:49:50 AM »
Right, Don Juan and Don Genaro provide to Carlos "the new lens" that makes his limited beliefs (demons) to dissolve into thin air.

Yep! :)

Online Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2014, 07:12:34 AM »
The inner knowing will know, if a person asks himself honestly.

Ah, appropriate here too!

O how they cling and wrangle, some who claim
For preacher and monk the honored name!
For, quarreling, each to his view they cling.
Such folk see only one side of a thing. ~Buddha

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2014, 09:33:38 AM »
To love our neighbor as ourselves is such a truth for regulating human society, that by that alone one might determine all the cases in social morality.
John Locke

There is both an energetic reason why this is so, and a rational reason why. Again though, if you live a life of love, then you become lighter, and more energized.

I have short time tonight, as I must go share love with my daughter. Still I would like to see if we can engage in a more productive discussion Taimyr. To do so it would help if we can mark off some common ground. Would you be able to agree with the above statement about love? Or the Biblical equivalent:

…13For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF." 15But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.

If you can agree with that, then perhaps we can move on to define what exactly is meant by the word love, and from there define morality. Perhaps after we will all even find we agree more than we now think.
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
I wouldn't say it's my love for humans that makes me do what I do or don't do. It's rather my love for truth and justice. For an example I try not to kill bugs and plants, not because I love them, but because I respect their life, the fact that they are alive.

And I'm not alking about only of the right and wrong towards other people, but also generally in ones own life and inner world.

Everyone should know what conscience is, so that's basically the thing that determines what is right and wrong (not some mystical and distorted seeing that is different for eveyone).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:29:19 PM by Taimyr »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk