Author Topic: The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene  (Read 611 times)

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
Re: The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »
You see the whole thing can be very suffocating, very deadening to ones individuality. To your ability to think for yourself.

Definitely.
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

runningstream

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 07:55:07 PM »
i disagree

also i can state my appreciation differs

in that when jesus told peter he heard what was of his father

he was alluding to the spirit manifesting the lesson directly to him

directly into the world

as spirit alive within the world

present also as real as this dream also

i seem to see the metaphor more often than the reality of

the scene as a worldly event as the two are intimately connected

the spirit that is

is spoken as that "light"

which presents before us as that story is being written within the world

for those who have eyes to see

in this i cannot say whether or perhaps that it is of more importance that jesus

existed

nor that the female form of mary magdalene was of more importance to the making

of the tale as it occured in natural connected "truth"

to be stumbled upon on the measure of those interactions truth

to me although this may indeed exist both "wholy" as this actually

what is presented really

both sides in alignment

as both mary and christ

father

son

holy spirit

trinity

to me that is my humble seeing of that

when also the root become engaged through that spirit

something about that too

if i were you though  :) which of course i am not

i would take what was said in this paragraph as absolute truth

"Matthew

h When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi* he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”
i They replied, “Some say John the Baptist,* others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
* j Simon Peter said in reply, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood* has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
k And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church,* and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
l I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven.* Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
* m Then he strictly ordered his disciples to tell no one that he was the Messiah."

manifest

try and wrap a brain around that

loosing what of heaven upon earth

of spirit

"directly"

manifest !

I am afraid gender equality is of more importance within that union

that inequality  :)

i also have nor read the gnostic bible

runningstream

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 09:08:24 PM »
remember was it nagual julian ? running along the stream side whilst his body was

within the water bobbing around ?

now the two merged , living ,

engaging the root as spirit return to eath

means the virgin or the prostitute

equally yield

as above so below

yet the ascension requiring innocense

or as is postured by totec through " mimick"

and awareness of " the perfect replica" given to eagle

as spirit "making"

runningstream

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 09:41:29 PM »
the coming upon the "horse"

now the magdalene for me is the spirit

the water and clear mirror

imagine being sandwiched between two mirrors somehow now move within the images

of their appearances with the power of the "father light"

and appear where ?

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 03:29:12 AM »

what is presented really

both sides in alignment

as both mary and christ

father

son

holy spirit

trinity

to me that is my humble seeing of that

when also the root become engaged through that spirit

Gospel of Thomas

...the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty, and it is you who are that poverty.

I am the light that shines over all things. I am everything. From me all came forth, and to me all return. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift a stone, and you will find me there.

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]." Verse 22.
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Jahn

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 05:12:38 AM »

The Catholics say that the Gnostic gospels where excluded from the Bible because they don't fit e way a Jewish rabbi from that time would have talked. Yet, Jesus was not your run of the mill Jewish teacher, he was a rebel in many ways. .

A rebel!? Do you know what he called the Jewish Pharisees?
He called them the "Generation of Vipers".

And his group of disciples and near persons, they pooled their resources (like commies tend to do) to travel around for three years in what we now call Israel. Like a circus where Jesus and his "message" was the main attraction. It was a hype going on in Israel by the time, The Jews waited for the Messiah and as we all know, they still wait for him.

Jesus was about 27 or 28 when he started his teachings and he got crucified at the age of 30 or 31.

Now how come that Jesus was so skilled in what we call the Old Testament?
This was because Jesus and John (the baptist) studied the scriptures along with the Essenes
(a member of an ancient Jewish ascetic sect of the 2nd century bc –2nd century ad in Palestine, who lived in highly organized groups and held property in common. The Essenes are widely regarded as the authors of the Dead Sea Scrolls.)
Even Jesus mother Mary was a participant of the Essenes.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 04:26:18 AM by Jahn »

runningstream

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
i know the living god

and i am sure if you did not keep that secret under wraps

when placed in that position  :)

it would be a circus

however

in todays present situation

such forthcoming without the pre arrangement and fastening to/of

earlier scripture would not have presented an opportunity such as that one

i only do wan't to say

have no illusions about the "father s" power

of the light of the whole world

and the sons ability to use it as being that light also

Jahn

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2014, 04:24:19 AM »
i know the living god

and i am sure if you did not keep that secret under wraps

when placed in that position  :)

it would be a circus

however

in todays present situation

such forthcoming without the pre arrangement and fastening to/of

earlier scripture would not have presented an opportunity such as that one

i only do wan't to say

have no illusions about the "father s" power

of the light of the whole world

and the sons ability to use it as being that light also

It is good to hear that you have confidence in your God,
but please, can you translate your post into ordinary English.

What I said was that the period when Jesus and his disciples traveled around and told the message of the prophet, it was like a circus (from town to town).

Jahn

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2014, 04:30:30 AM »

38) Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it.

39) When He said this He departed.

Number 38 is a sentence that dismiss such a phenomena as the Catholic churce.

Jahn

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2014, 04:55:38 AM »

Andrew responded addressing the brothers and sisters,
"Say what you will about the things she said, but I do not believe that the Saviour said these things, for indeed these teachings are strange ideas."

Peter responded, bringing up similar concerns. He questioned them about the Saviour:
"Did he then, speak with a woman in private without our knowing about it? Are we to turn around and listen to her? Did he choose her over us?"

Then Mary wept and said to Peter, "My brother Peter, what are you imagining? Do you think that I have thought up these things by myself in my heart or that I am telling lies about the Saviour?"

Levi answered, speaking to Peter [Peter who denied Jesus three times- my comment]
"Peter, you have always been a wrathful person. Now I see you contending against the woman like the Adversaries. For if the Saviour made her worth, who are you then for your part to reject her?"

page 17
Read more in "The Gospel of Mary of Magdala - Jesus and the first woman apostle" by Karen L King.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gospel-Mary-Magdala-Apostle/dp/0944344585

This is a rich, rewarding, and eyeopening review of how the only gospel written in the name of a woman can reveal the depth and diversity of the early Christian community. Strongly recommended
 --Library Journal

Best faith books of 2003 ... accessible and fascinating ... This book will have special appeal to those interested in history and whose devotion to the New Testament has them searching for a deeper understanding of the origins of Christian scripture.
St. Louis Post Dispatch
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:01:06 AM by Jahn »

runningstream

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2014, 12:51:50 PM »
faith in my god ?

i assure thats not as it seems

i do get swept away in trying to describe

however no matter how much so it will definitely be understated

the walls seem to be in translation yes and applying it to

the words as symbols

there fore the onlooker and speaker will miss each other

translating to ordinary english jahn i don't know what you mean

i am not like you all i am like me

runningstream

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2014, 12:55:34 PM »
i have just been given a bible to have a look at  :)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2014, 02:53:27 PM »

i am not like you all i am like me

Just so you know, you are totally accepted for you here runningstream. I am enjoying your posts. :)
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Jahn

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2014, 04:24:50 AM »

This book about the Gospel of Mary from Magdala is very interesting in many ways.

First the interpretation of when it was written and then how it differs from the other "traditional" gospels. It seems that the gospel of Mark is the "most original" of the four in the Bible (my favorite).

The oral tradition these years had a greater impact than written books. People could not read or write so those that put down the stories to papyrys is our heros, but not the heros of the ancient time.

It seems like there were 19 apostles, 12 men and 7 women of which Maria from Magdala was held as number one by "The Savior". It is therefore she gets additional information, and that she has this unique position is in line with her evolvement.

Now this is something that Peter cannot accept and therefore the debate.
"We know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of women" G Mary 6:1
Did (the Savior), speak with a woman in private without our knowing about it? Are we to turn around and listen to her? Did he choose her over us?" G Mary 10:3-4.

However, even more interesting is the use of some central concepts. Mary M do not use the traditional "Kingdom" when referring to Heaven, instead she talks about "Realm" or "Divine realm". This probably because there is a preference for Spiritual freedom rather than Royal domination.

The "Son of Man" is exchanged with "child of true Humanity" and there is also references to "true Human beings". This is in line with the Toltec Teachings.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2014, 06:26:36 AM »
I don't understand one thing. Why is it called Gospel of Mary if Mary is being talked about in this text. I'ts someone esle describing her and other disciples, so it must have been someone else who wrote it?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk