Author Topic: i know seems contradictory but...  (Read 195 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
i know seems contradictory but...
« on: October 13, 2014, 03:31:31 PM »
i am not christian per se, because i dont really accept hell or one religion is one way. however i own many christian movies, and listen to christian music in the car. i find the movies and music comforting. another influence on me is my sis and bro in law. they can rub off on me. one thing about christians, they have found their path. i believe in jesus, sometimes i wonder if upbringing, but i dont like the old test, the apostle paul, and i think there is hints of truth in the bible, but its mixed up with other peoples intent, perhaps to scare people. i dont really have a label for myself, but that is a part of me in some way. i sometimes feel torn in the world. perhaps thats why i once met a man in a dream, trying to put an enormous puzzle together.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: i know seems contradictory but...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 11:37:10 PM »
That particular Jesus lurks around damaged souls, and eats them up. You are vulnerable just now, so that Jesus is stalking you. It tells you, everything is OK, you don't need to struggle anymore, just come into my arms and it will all be fine. It preys on weak, lonely people, like a big father Christmas, with loads of presents tantalising in his bag, just out of reach.

The Jesus you need is the one who will boot you up the bum, and tell you to get yourself together, make you walk the path out by your own efforts. Just depends what kind of Jesus you want - the wild one or the mushy.

Jahn

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 06:07:46 AM »
i am not christian per se, because i dont really accept hell or one religion is one way. however i own many christian movies, and listen to christian music in the car. i find the movies and music comforting. another influence on me is my sis and bro in law. they can rub off on me. one thing about christians, they have found their path. i believe in jesus, sometimes i wonder if upbringing, but i dont like the old test, the apostle paul, and i think there is hints of truth in the bible, but its mixed up with other peoples intent, perhaps to scare people. i dont really have a label for myself, but that is a part of me in some way. i sometimes feel torn in the world. perhaps thats why i once met a man in a dream, trying to put an enormous puzzle together.

I agree with Michael, that Quick fix Jesus does not exist, and Jesus Christ was hijacked by the churhes to serve their own agenda.

While not doing the approach to Jesus, the enlightened master of Jerusalem, to a gender issue - but instead go to the roots of his plain message, try to find one of the "true gospels" about Jesus.
I have mentioned this book Before as one path of understanding, and if you are short of cash I can send it to you as a birthday gift.

http://gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm

25) Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?

26) The Savior said There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called sin.

27) That is why the Good came into your midst, to the essence of every nature in order to restore it to its root.

28) Then He continued and said, That is why you become sick and die, for you are deprived of the one who can heal you.

29) He who has a mind to understand, let him understand.

30) Matter gave birth to a passion that has no equal, which proceeded from something contrary to nature. Then there arises a disturbance in its whole body.

31) That is why I said to you, Be of good courage, and if you are discouraged be encouraged in the presence of the different forms of nature.

32) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

33) When the Blessed One had said this, He greeted them all,saying, Peace be with you. Receive my peace unto yourselves.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:16:03 AM by Jahn »

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 06:56:50 AM »
Thanks guys for the input. And I agree I dont think Jesus should be a quick fix either.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

runningstream

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:58:55 PM »
i think christ is what would happen to peoples energy being

if they glimpsed something unimaginable striking a certain chord

i also think it would hard to verify with another being

what i think would be helpful is if every body pretended to not know a thing

so there was room for something else to fill in the blanks

as they were playing maybe this something else would show them up

if they looked in the right way

not as in "Righteous" way

only in right as in peaceful inclusive dove

yet it would have to carry on with it all

maybe in heaven doves are left alone

nothing wrong with a dove

its the room that hold the dove that tries to make it bend

Jahn

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 06:15:57 AM »

Jesus (and Jesus Christ) and his drama is a very special part of the spiritual history of mankind.
Please enjoy my late posts in the Music thread, where you can see a Swedish version of Jesus Christ Superstar that was performed on venues and arenas all over the country last Winter (2013/2014).

runningstream

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 12:19:29 PM »
Looking into it and

Trying to see those stories and what they mean thanks

Jahn

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 07:01:06 AM »
I especially like the Pilate scene, how it "the problem" of Jesus was handled by this older artist, I Think he found the right tone.

Jahn

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 07:03:35 AM »
I especially like the Pilate scene, how "the problem (King of the Jews)" of Jesus was handled by this older artist, I Think that older guy found the right tone/performance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk