Author Topic: Left Behind books.  (Read 534 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Left Behind books.
« on: June 06, 2015, 07:35:47 AM »
I have decided I am going to read the whole Left Behind series in its entirety. Here is a wiki with the list of books http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind I have read three, have two on order, then ill order more. They are like $1-3 bucks on amazon then shipping so not too expensive.

I decided I wanted to see the christian view of the left behind/rapture/apocalypse to see just how the books back up The Book Of Revelation with a story. I have to admit the story is entertaining, lots of action, and definitely gives a perspective. The books are insanely successful, and I am curious as to what the christians are reading.

My own views I do feel one day things will go to shit. I dont know if a charismatic leader who would be an antichrist will actually be. But then again when you see these super greedy politicians, it would not shock me if one rose from the foray and assumed power over the world. So in the meantime, reading them, and I will let you know what I think of them, when I get through the whole set. Its gonna be a long ride. It might even take me all year to read them.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

runningstream

Re: Left Behind books.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 12:53:42 PM »
never heard of that one

i read revelation lately a couple weeks ago

it generally starts around page 444 in the gideons bible

and goes on to speak about the angels

and i s a message to the present through the prophet who is shown the visions

it even gives advice for those who will read it in "the future"

its layered in what it speaks of "as is the angels spoken of"

to understand it it would be needed to understand lines , time , gathered awareness through time etc

my humble give and take  :)

i am tightening my life up also

leaning things up

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 09:29:28 PM »
I have decided I am going to read the whole Left Behind series in its entirety.

::)

Jahn

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 05:00:54 AM »
I dont know if a charismatic leader who would be an antichrist will actually be. But then again when you see these super greedy politicians, it would not shock me if one rose from the foray and assumed power over the world.

Those who got Eyes will see, those who have Ears will hear.

"34) Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you.

35) Follow after Him!

36) Those who seek Him will find Him."

The Gospel of Mary Magdalene

http://gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm

Jahn

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 05:07:34 AM »
never heard of that one

i read revelation lately a couple weeks ago

I had some true religious friends back in the 1970's (Daniel and Elisabeth, see the names). Well they were not in my age, way older,
but I involved them a little bit in my psychosis so he had a fair view of my "story".

Then when it all was over and I was back on the streets I met Daniel and we started to talk on the spot. Before we said goodbye he told me that I should read the Revelation book (this was in 1979). I never found out what he meant by that.

runningstream

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 01:26:10 PM »
some times the dots are a long way apart

only sometimes you can blow them away "clear the dream"

psychosis i don't have the luxury

the dots weave lines through the dream i have to choose which to follow discerningly

sometimes it has grabbed you by the collar

there is no basis for argument or doubt

other times a child plays with the water that comes from the tap and sees no reflection

i will look for the names

Elizabeth has just popped up and reminded me

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 02:38:34 AM »
I had some true religious friends back in the 1970's (Daniel and Elisabeth, see the names). Well they were not in my age, way older,
but I involved them a little bit in my psychosis so he had a fair view of my "story".

Then when it all was over and I was back on the streets I met Daniel and we started to talk on the spot. Before we said goodbye he told me that I should read the Revelation book (this was in 1979). I never found out what he meant by that.

It could be he thought it was necessary to understand an upcoming future. The book to me is very confusing. And its quite scary, IMO.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 08:29:06 AM »
I've read it, back in the days when I read all that kind of thing. I thought it was a bunch of crap - a fanciful collection of dreams that have no practical value. But worse, it offered the view it was significant, to minds that are easily influenced by such rubbish, when in fact it was simply the stuff of extravagant dreams that all dreamers are familiar with. I had similar dreams when I was reading the old testament. They were likewise fabulous and extravagant, full of ancient archetypes and dark portents etc etc. All dreamers have to train their minds to resist producing such self-important concoctions in dreaming, and get to real insights that are pragmatic and wise.

runningstream

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 11:45:26 AM »
i don't blame you

a bunch of old fartz "archetypes"  :)

i can' say i'd blame any one

Michael what do you see as a worthy purpose

The way i read it is possible two sides

one for those who pass through

the other for those who don't

i am sure it reads differently on both sides

my understanding is that people lack the depth "of time " built " upon time "

and archetype built upon symbol

to progression of symbols in time as based within archetypes

same as always "lack of lateral understanding"

to piece together components which are not anchored in linear motion

its for me no different than say the indian paloton to understand

you would have to be standing embedded within the description

runningstream

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 11:46:08 AM »
depth comes from alignment

how deep is the rabbit hole then

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 07:16:21 AM »
Michael what do you see as a worthy purpose

To awaken our body of light.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 07:48:12 AM »
I've read it, back in the days when I read all that kind of thing. I thought it was a bunch of crap - a fanciful collection of dreams that have no practical value. But worse, it offered the view it was significant, to minds that are easily influenced by such rubbish, when in fact it was simply the stuff of extravagant dreams that all dreamers are familiar with. I had similar dreams when I was reading the old testament. They were likewise fabulous and extravagant, full of ancient archetypes and dark portents etc etc. All dreamers have to train their minds to resist producing such self-important concoctions in dreaming, and get to real insights that are pragmatic and wise.

Did you read the whole series or just the first book?

runningstream

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 07:32:54 PM »
To awaken our body of light.

sounds well sound

nourishing it then i would imagine

although maybe people see different purposes or directions

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 07:16:40 AM »
Those who got Eyes will see, those who have Ears will hear.

"34) Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you.

35) Follow after Him!

36) Those who seek Him will find Him."

The Gospel of Mary Magdalene

http://gnosis.org/library/marygosp.htm

So I am stuck inside mary magdalene again, been here before, long time ago.  reading with new eyes now.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 07:20:43 AM »
22) The Savior said, All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots.

18) When the soul had overcome the third power, it went upwards and saw the fourth power, which took seven forms.

19) The first form is darkness, the second desire, the third ignorance, the fourth is the excitement of death, the fifth is the kingdom of the flesh, the sixth is the foolish wisdom of flesh, the seventh is the wrathful wisdom. These are the seven powers of wrath.

20) They asked the soul, Whence do you come slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?

21) The soul answered and said, What binds me has been slain, and what turns me about has been overcome,

22) and my desire has been ended, and ignorance has died.

23) In a aeon I was released from a world, and in a Type from a type, and from the fetter of oblivion which is transient.

24) From this time on will I attain to the rest of the time, of the season, of the aeon, in silence.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk