Author Topic: Free Will and Creating Reality  (Read 529 times)

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
Re: Free Will and Creating Reality
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 11:52:33 AM »
I remember my first read of "The New Testament", thinking that Jesus was ruthlessly edited -- that he had to have said more than that. It's really evident when you read one of those Red-letter editions. (They print the so-called "actual words" of Jesus in red.) The red letters are so few and far between.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:54:14 AM by Nichi »
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 11:55:07 AM »
Oy ... there could be many doctoral dissertations on the evolution of the Talmud and what the Jews call the Greek Testament. The Talmud itself was written in Hebrew and Aramaic. The Apochrypha was written in Greek and Latin.  The New Testament was written in Greek.  All of this was translated into Latin by the Church. (Not an agenda-free agency.) From the "Latin Vulgate" and the Hebrew and Greek texts came the various English versions, which omitted the Apochrypha. Not only are there all the linguistic decisions via the matters of translation, but the progression takes on the politics of the eras. What was considered heresy? Omissions abound. Nuances of language are lost. Long story short, after considering all of this, it's difficult to view "The Bible" as some unquestionable text, standing firm throughout the ages. And that's not even taking the matter of whether or not it was "divinely inspired" under deliberation.

Then there are the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Pseudepigrapha... The subject of Biblical scholarship can take a lifetime.

Say you take a group of people, one whispers something in one ear, and each individual whispers what they have heard in that other persons ear. By the time you get to the end, and the end person blurts out what they heard, normally it is quite different, from what the original person said in the group.

Much ado from the experiment, which has been done numerous times (and I once did this in a class myself), shows when one thing is said, and over and over, whispered so, much gets lost in translation. I see the Bible the same way. Countless upon countless revisions, then others who had a vested interest in what it would say to the masses. To think human beings of power would not tamper with the contents is outrageous. Course they would!
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 11:59:49 AM »
Definitely.

And don't forget, that the finalized versions of the printed Bible overlap in time with the Inquisition. So all of those final decisions were being rendered by the same general mindset which brought us the Malleus Maleficarum.  Meaning, the Zeitgeist of the time was very dark and repressive.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:24:30 PM by Nichi »
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »
Definitely.

And don't forget, that the finalized versions of the printed Bible overlap in time with the Inquisition. So all of those final decisions were being rendered by the same general mindset which brought us the Malleus Maleficarum.

Yep. Found this snippet to that: "Estimates of the death toll during the Inquisition worldwide range from 600,000 to as high as 9,000,000 (over its 250 year long course); either is a chilling number when one realizes that nearly all of the accused were women, and consisted primarily of outcasts and other suspicious persons."
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
Personally I like the Rastafarian approach to Biblical scholarship. Not making a political figure the second advent of Jesus, but the pot part. ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:11:16 PM by Nick »
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 12:12:12 PM »
 :D
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 12:17:14 PM »
LOL :)

Couldn't resist. :D

Jahn

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 04:50:17 AM »
The Bible is still there as it was, it's a question of interpretation.

The Gospel is written by the winners (the men that wanted us to fear God).

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 04:57:57 AM »
As much as I understand it was written by the followers of Jesus, they weren't on the same level with Jesus, but they did the best they could to talk about his message. It's up to everyone personally to find the light in there.

The Gospel is written by the winners (the men that wanted us to fear God).

Jahn

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 05:41:54 AM »
As much as I understand it was written by the followers of Jesus, they weren't on the same level with Jesus, but they did the best they could to talk about his message. It's up to everyone personally to find the light in there.

Now, they dismissed the Gospel of Mary, and they (the men that wanted power and dominion) turned her to a prostitute., which she most certainly was not. Mary's Gospel is in some essential parts different to the four Gospels in the bible. And the "church of Crist" kept on keeping the women out of the agenda. They were not even allowed to speek in the church. That is how the winner writes the history.

For me the Catholic church is like a Soap opera runned by Aliens from Mars.It has nothing to do with the mission of John the bapitist and Jesus from Nazareth that I know.

In the meeting of Nicene 325 AD they also got rid of ideas as reincarnation, and they (the men) placed Jesus in an impossible role (for the modern man) of being born by a Virgin, Son of God, and so on.

"The Nicene Creed is the profession of faith or creed that is most widely used in Christian liturgy. It forms the mainstream definition of Christianity for most Christians.[1]

It is called Nicene because, in its original form, it was adopted in the city of Nicaea (present day Iznik in Turkey) by the first ecumenical council, which met there in the year 325.[2]

The Nicene Creed has been normative for the Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Church, the Church of the East, the Oriental Orthodox churches, the Anglican Communion, and Protestant denominations. It forms the mainstream definition of Christianity itself in Nicene Christianity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicene_Creed

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:48:32 AM by Jahn »

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2014, 02:24:19 PM »
I don't know who dismissed it.

But anyway, the bible is not the same as catolic church. And you have access to the Gospel of Mary, you can read it, so where is the problem :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 02:26:24 PM by Taimyr »

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 09:22:35 PM »
But anyway, the bible is not the same as catolic church.

Yes - I'd stick with the Catholic Church if I was you - it's the original.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk