Author Topic: Lamb  (Read 176 times)

Ke-ke wan

Lamb
« on: December 21, 2015, 07:58:13 PM »

I've never been a fan of lamb but tried it one more time and it was delicious.

Only have the before pic but the lemons actually Caramelized in the oven an added a tart sweetness to the dish. Bit like a relish or chutney.

Marinated in olive oil , lemon juice lots of garlic, rosemary and red chilli flakes.

So delicious

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
Re: Lamb
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 08:27:49 PM »
Lamb is my favorite meat! Yes, must add lemon and garlic at least. Your dish looks yummy!
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

runningstream

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 09:56:59 PM »
thanks  :) after all this i had lamb for dinner

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:47:15 PM »
Now your talking Aussie tucker. We buy legs of lamb and roast them. Usually wait until they are about $8/kg on special, which happens once a month at the big supers. Then I stick a knife point in and stuff garlic and rosemary into around ten spots. Next it's time to sharpen the knives. Nip off into the garden for mint which is chopped and boiling water poured over, adding some Apple Cider Vinegar. Hour a kg, and the roast vegies added to the oven about half way through. Yummy yummy...

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 05:27:07 AM »
Now your talking Aussie tucker. We buy legs of lamb and roast them. Usually wait until they are about $8/kg on special, which happens once a month at the big supers. Then I stick a knife point in and stuff garlic and rosemary into around ten spots. Next it's time to sharpen the knives. Nip off into the garden for mint which is chopped and boiling water poured over, adding some Apple Cider Vinegar. Hour a kg, and the roast vegies added to the oven about half way through. Yummy yummy...

Aussie tucker huh?

I'm going to have to add this to my dictionary.  Can someone please define?

Lamb is super cheap here right now.  I bought 2 little chops for just about $3.  The Universe must've wanted to to eat some lamb. 

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 05:35:46 AM »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 07:54:14 AM »
Hmmm, those prices aren't cheap!

Lamb here is expensive. Sometimes you can find the "blade chops" going for cheap, but it's unpredictable.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 08:08:08 AM »

Wish I could beam over to your place and Lori's place for dinner! :)
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 09:13:31 AM »
Wish I could beam over to your place and Lori's place for dinner! :)

Maybe next Soma dream, I will cook y'all a dinner.
Maybe we have a Soma potluck Tucker!  I dunno if I used that word correctly. 

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »
Hmmm, those prices aren't cheap!

Lamb here is expensive. Sometimes you can find the "blade chops" going for cheap, but it's unpredictable.

Lamb is cheapest as a roast leg in the supermarket. From my friends who have traveled to the US, they tell me eating out is far cheaper there than in Au. But then, we do actually pay our staff a basic decent wage, and no tips.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk