Author Topic: When the student is ready  (Read 268 times)

Ke-ke wan

When the student is ready
« on: April 14, 2016, 06:22:12 AM »
There is a saying, alternately attributed to Buddha Siddhartha Guatama Shakyamuni and the Theosophists, that goes: When the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Regardless of who came up with it, I think it's a key concept to keep in mind.

Apparently the Universe thinks I am ready

Ke-ke wan

Re: When the student is ready
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:42:20 AM »
The Back story to this:

Yesterday jakob was watching a documentary on Indigo children.  He called me in to watch a segment.  It was good stuff, happy he is learning about himself.

Immediately after watching the program with him, I had the URGE to go to the local healer/healthfood store.  The Lady's name is Conchita, she is from Spain, beautiful human.

As I am talking to Conchita, she runs to the back to dig through some boxes to find a perfect bracelet for me.  She eme with her husband Luciano.

Luciano and I had a great talk about stones and their healing powers.   He charges my new stone with his crystal pendulum.  and I go t ote cash register to pay.  A lady walks in the door, back pack on, big smile, crab apple cheeks.  We talk.  I ask her if she's ever lived in Ontario (not sure why) and she says she spent some time there.

When I get home, I have decided that I need to take a course, re healing or therapeutic touch or massage so I am googling around the Internet.

In my search, I find the name of a Monastery that is very close to Holistic and TCM Colleges in the Mountains.  In the Christian Valley

On the front page of the Website is the woman who was standing behind me at Conchita's store, who it turns out is Atti Yoga Master of, Head of  the Center, Facilitator of the Retreats and Director of programs.

Strangely enough,
the same Master came to a store I worked at briefly last Summer, "Wander Home"  Told me about the retreats, the Monastery and drew me a map to get there!

When I told her how excited I would be to get there one day, but finances were an issue, she suggested I volunteer my services at the Monastery for a weekend or more.

Never once, in the two times we have spoken did she ever let on who she was or where she came from.

Thank you Universe!

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:04:45 AM »
Just found this on the retreat website:

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 09:08:20 AM »
Worked at the beach today, meditation spot slash Office:

erik

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 03:48:56 PM »
A bit of food for thought.

As you saw, Buddhism, despite its emphasis on compassion and positive world view, is focused on freedom no less fiercely and determinedly than Toltecs and other aspirants. To embrace one or another teaching, one needs to know rather well what is its purpose, what is it about and what tools are there to be used.

Jumping from one teaching/tradition to another and focussing only on the pleasant part will do no one any favours. One needs to know what and why he/she is doing and what are the implications of a decision to pursue one or another teaching.

Running from pain towards what seems to be a quick remedy or instant relief may help, but may also make things worse. This is not to say that you should not pursue the yoga path.

What is required is an action using mental, emotional and physical bodies together. I stress mental because one needs to read, learn and think issues through. There is no one to rely on. The work and your fate depend on you. No one can learn and know things for you. There's no one to act always as a support or crutch. That's Buddhism 101.

Unless it is realised, the result is endless bouncing around and attempts to escape the fears and past rather than aspiring for something.

All living beings are short on time, but running does not help. The only progress happens through considered, determined and methodical action.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 05:20:21 PM »
A retreat, some volunteering Or just a short stay at the Center is a good thing no matter what.  If I am cutting sandwiches, washing floors, Feeding animals or meditating with yogis I will be happy.

__

Bodhisattva Prayer for EnlightenmentA Bodhisattva Initiate is a person who aspires to complete enlightenment through living a life of service. Service is understood as the manner in which one’s life affects all life in a myriad of ways. The most important aspect of service is that it should be given without any expectation of reward. Service should be given or performed from the heart. Therefore, something is done for someone else, just because it is there to do. If there are expectations attached to the service given, then what is given is not service. It is, instead, an exchange of energy. When something is done for someone with a reward in mind, the return is already limited.

“Have no thought of good karma for yourself,
or of your return, or your expectations. Just do it. This is service.”

Maticintin, Wisdom Master

erik

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 05:46:38 PM »
Changing haircut is of little assistance.

runningstream

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 07:46:00 PM »
If they have lamas
I reccomend go
Knit socks from their wool
Sell them to a viking
For trade
When he comes bending down
To put them on
Hit him over the head
With a shovel

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 08:20:55 PM »
Having met this person in auspicious circumstances, it is definitely worth a visit.

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 11:44:44 PM »
Having met this person in auspicious circumstances, it is definitely worth a visit.

This is the Second time I've met her.
The firsttime, she drew me a map of how to get there!

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 02:45:53 AM »
What makes this story more interesting, at least to me
Is that when Conchita was in the back selecting for a bracelet, and I was speaking with Master,  Conchita came back with a small plastic bag with just a few items.  She said ""Choose whichever you like.  Which one are you drawn to?"  So
Of course I chose the pretty one and she put it on my wrist for me.

Happens to be Mala beads. 
And I didn't ask where they were made but I wouldn't be surprised if they are from a Monastery just up the Valley.

Would not be surprised at all

Ke-ke wan

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 06:18:47 AM »
I have offered to volunteer at the Monastery / Center. 
I received a reply yesterday that they need help in the yard and garden. 

So now I just need to.find time in my schedule. 

So excited!!!

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 08:45:36 AM »
good

Jahn

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 05:12:35 AM »
I have offered to volunteer at the Monastery / Center. 
I received a reply yesterday that they need help in the yard and garden. 

So now I just need to.find time in my schedule. 

So excited!!!

Through the garden, that is really one nice way, to go forward.

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 05:28:18 AM »
I was reading somewhere the other day that there is actual antidepressant effect in the chemical composition of the soil. (Maybe you posted the link yourself, on FB?) So, win, win!
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk