Author Topic: God, Lord or what?  (Read 141 times)

Jahn

God, Lord or what?
« on: April 26, 2016, 04:59:03 AM »

"The very meaning of God is that there exists nothing other than it. God does not mean someone sitting somewhere up in the sky and administering the world from there. No, these are stories for children. What is meant by God is that element other than which nothing exists. This is the scientific definition of God.

God means the whole, the total, everything – whatever is. What is cannot have a shore, because there remains nothing else to form the coast. Therefore God is everywhere; there is no shore. One who is ready to drown is saved. One who tries to be saved, drowns.
We are in it. We are in what we are trying to find."

Finger Pointing to the Moon
Talks on the Adhyatma Upanishad

Osho Rajneesh

Talks given from 13/10/72 am to 21/10/72 pm
Original in Hindi

Ke-ke wan

Re: God, Lord or what?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 03:33:01 AM »
I love this!

God means the whole, the total, everything – whatever is. What is cannot have a shore, because there remains nothing else to form the coast. Therefore God is everywhere; there is no shore. One who is ready to drown is saved. One who tries to be saved, drowns.

Jahn

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 05:15:43 AM »
I love this!

Yes, it is a paradox that when we start to search for the holy parts of the Universe and the World, we are so eager to connect, but there it is - within an arm length all the time. And prophets and spiritual guides makes fortunes of our incapability to find our selves, and our divine part of the Creation.

Osho was no exception of spiritual guides making profit on his knowledge, but at least he delivered som useful stuff.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 07:35:13 PM »
The traditional approach has always been the same. You have to visit a teacher of some kind, who facilitates your disintegration: the death of your soul. It is the ego-infused soul that sees God as a discrete being.

The gold standard for this process comes from India, where a special set of circumstances exists. The caste system offers the individual tremendous security. But the price, surrender of individuality, has always been too great for highly individuated people. They sought relief from the guru. The guru oversaw the path of freedom from the rule of others, through the process of what has always been termed, the Zero experience - originally called Sunya. After that, the shell is broken, and the new being begins to be rebuilt outside the community's authority. The realised person then re-enters the community as a guide for others, and a respected 'sacred authority'.

Once your soul has been dissolved, it reveals a deeper self. It is this deeper soul-self who has the capacity to see the universe, both known and unknown, as a complete entity.

It seems like an easy step to intellectually accept this concept of being surrounded and composed of a stupendous being, both ourself and far beyond ourself. Not a concept that easily yields to such a pragmatic language like English. But in fact, unless you have been broken, and then restored, you have no chance of visceral comprehension. And when you do, you are forever separate from every other being who has not passed through the same path.

I was fascinated to learn that ceramics that have been broken, and lovingly repaired with gold infused glue, are prized far highly that unbroken ones - in Japan. No where else to my knowledge.

Jahn

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:47:40 AM »

It seems like an easy step to intellectually accept this concept of being surrounded and composed of a stupendous being, both ourself and far beyond ourself. Not a concept that easily yields to such a pragmatic language like English. But in fact, unless you have been broken, and then restored, you have no chance of visceral comprehension. And when you do, you are forever separate from every other being who has not passed through the same path.

I was fascinated to learn that ceramics that have been broken, and lovingly repaired with gold infused glue, are prized far highly that unbroken ones - in Japan. No where else to my knowledge.

Broken and to some extent restored?

I am in a process of applying for a state benefit, since I am working on an University, and all Universities here are Government authorities in Sweden. The deal that I apply for is that I shall work 60% and get 40% as a pension, this is a benefit that one can apply for being 61 years or older, which is in October for me.

So I had to meet a doctor today, that should write his recommendation (or not) to my superiors at the University.
A lot came up at this meeting, and the outcome was that this doctor would surely recommend me for that benefit, because of quite severe health reasons after reading highlights from my medical history (anamnesis).

But as I sat there and told my story, beside the 20 year old story of severe health problems with Reactive arthritis and Morbus Crohn, that I had written down, I was close to start Crying (surprise to me!), when I should tell about my head injury trauma in November 1980, and how I crashed my scull in an window accident only two years old. That I mentioned this was because he mentioned the similarity in fatigue between brain injured patients, and patients with my diseases. So I had both!

My ceramics has been broken at least twice, in addition I have two chronic diseases. This doctor listened and understood, but I said to him, my health problems is very difficult to communicate to others, people just simply do not understand what it is all about.
And he nodded, as a MD he knew.

This post seem a bit out of topic, but if you read between the lines, you get close to the Connection between the individual and the Universe. The wonderful life that I have got because my traumas, simply keep me going, until that very day.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:04:56 AM by Jahn »

Offline Nichi

• Global Moderator
  • Rishi
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 06:39:36 AM »
It was a beautiful shade of gold with which you were repaired, Jahn.
Not here, not there, but everywhere - always right before your eyes.
~Hsin Hsin Ming

Jahn

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 05:12:26 AM »
It was a beautiful shade of gold with which you were repaired, Jahn.

Thank you Vicki!
The thing is that my experiences leads to my small crusade of trying to get other followers of the light, to see beyond their fixed physical existence, and start to think out of the box.

We are all fixed in this time frame, but through severe accidents with head injuries, plenty of psychoactive drug intake, and chronic diseases that forced me to another approach of daily Life - I went free. It is my duty to share my new found view of the basic structure in the human Universe, as long as I can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk