Author Topic: Trip to Egypt - Preparations  (Read 182 times)

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
Trip to Egypt - Preparations
« on: October 01, 2017, 04:59:09 AM »
As I as selling things to make money for my "Focusing", two year, certification classes. I started to notice that I was budgeting really well, and managing to put more aside than originally planned. The idea came to me that I could save up to take a trip. There are other things I intend to spend this money on, to help me in my goal of becoming a Life Coach, but I don't foresee (if my calculations are correct), that I wont be able to keep putting more aside than I need.

I'm paying my bills on time, or at the most a couple days late, never so late as to stir any trouble for us. So I got to looking at images of different temples, ruins, power places, etc. And Egypt spoke to me. I've felt it before, many times Egypt has come up for me, as having significance for me.

Not a lot of time, right this moment to go in depth. But this is the goal, to take a trip to Egypt. I'm getting regular Google Flight price alerts in my email. I found that it appears cheaper to go from New York to Cairo, than from Pittsburgh to Cairo, even with the cost of driving to New York, even though Pittsburgh is closer to me. So as I get closer to having enough money, I'll compile all those flight price alerts, and see what time of the year is most affordable. Compare that to the times when I'm least likely to be bogged down by a ton of tourists, and such.

Also doing research on Egypt, and incorporating Egyptian myth into my spiritual practice, so when the time is right I'll be able to make the most of limited time, and choose what I want to explore when I get there. Of course while still being open to guidance from the spirit.

Well, that's enough for now, work soon. Just got out of a Focusing class, and was excited about the felt-sense that comes when I imagine being in Egypt! Can't wait!
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Trip to Egypt - Preparations
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 08:52:21 PM »
That's pretty exciting Nick. See if you can get hold of some Joan Grant books as a prep.

Might be a good idea to keep your eyes on the current situation in Egypt, it is going through some volatile changes of late - you should not confine yourself to 'ancient' Egypt.

Then get hold of Paul Horn's classic album, 'Inside the Great Pyramid'.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 03:21:36 PM »
That's pretty exciting Nick. See if you can get hold of some Joan Grant books as a prep.

Might be a good idea to keep your eyes on the current situation in Egypt, it is going through some volatile changes of late - you should not confine yourself to 'ancient' Egypt.

Then get hold of Paul Horn's classic album, 'Inside the Great Pyramid'.

You mean, by not confining myself to 'ancient' Egypt, to explore the people and culture overall as it is now?

I'll have to check those  books and music out, thanks.
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 03:28:45 PM »
Oh, this Paul Horn guy is really cool!

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/acHvsBEUaH4/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/acHvsBEUaH4"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/acHvsBEUaH4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/acHvsBEUaH4</a>

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 02:37:11 PM »
Found it, Winged Pharaoh:
https://archive.org/stream/wingedpharaoh00joan#page/n9/mode/2up

I'm currently borrowing it from their online library.  :D

Also reading this:
Egyptian Myths and Mysteries, by Rudolf Steiner

http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA106/English/AP1971/19080902p01.html

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 03:07:48 PM »
Had a dream sometime ago in which two humanoid serpents were standing above my body which was lying in the sand. From out of my chest he had taken a scroll, I couldn't see what was written upon the scroll, but I could hear music coming from it. I see here, but it wasn't so much hearing with my ears as getting the distinct feeling that music was there, though there was nothing actually auditory to for my ears to pick up. But the feeling of music was quite clear. Often when I look at Egyptian ruins I feel that sense that there is music coming from them.

Always wondered if there was anything in Egyptian mythology to do with humanoid serpents, just found these deities:

"Texts of the Late Period describe them as having the heads of frogs (male) and serpents (female), and they are often depicted in this way in reliefs of the Ptolemaic period.[2]

Budge also argues that the Ogdoad is the original "company of gods" or paut neteru, represented by nine axes"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogdoad_(Egyptian)

"The names of Nu and Nut are written with the determiners for sky and water, and it seems clear that they represent the primordial waters.

Ḥeḥu and Ḥeḥut have no readily identifiable determiners; according to a suggestion due to Brugsch (1885), the name is associated with a term for an undefined or unlimited number, ḥeḥ, suggesting a concept similar to Greek aion. But from the context of a number of passages in which Ḥeḥu is mentioned, Brugsch also suggested that he may be a personification of the atmosphere between heaven and earth (c.f. Shu).

The names of Kekui and Kekuit are written with a determiner combining the sky hieroglyph with a staff or scepter used for words related to darkness and obscurity, and kkw as a regular word means "darkness", suggesting that these gods represent primordial darkness, comparable to Greek Erebus, but in some aspects they appear to represent day as well as night, or the change from night to day and from day to night.

The fourth pair appears with varying names, sometimes the name Qerḥ is replaced by Ni, Nenu, Nut, or Amun, and the name Qerḥet by Ennit, Nenuit, Nut, Nit, or Amunet. The common meaning of qerḥ is "night", but the determinative (D41 for "to halt, stop, deny") also suggests the principle of inactivity or repose.[6]"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk