Author Topic: Terma  (Read 149 times)

erik

Terma
« on: January 03, 2019, 03:10:16 AM »
In Aro Buddhism, Terma means spiritual treasures that were hidden by a Buddha such as Padmasambhava or Yeshé Tsogyel and subsequently revealed by a Tértön. (Térma is also transcribed as ter, gTér, terma, or gTérma.) The Aro gTér is a pure-vision térma discovered by Aro Lingma.

Tertön is one who discovers térma or concealed spiritual treasures. The Tibetan spelling is gTer sTon.

I have been looking for quite some time for some specific things in meditation. One such thing has been a self-help method for frequent bouts of sinusitis. Lo and behold, in one deep meditation I actually got it - a special breathing method that is making a real difference.

I remember Carlos received in dreaming a special breathing technique of a sabre-toothed tiger to build up his power.

Would things like these breathing techniques be terma in Tibetan lingo? Has anybody else had any experience with looking for things Tibetans would call "spiritual treasures"? Do I remember correctly that at the very foundation of Soma is an artefact that might be called "spiritual treasure"?

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Terma
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 09:44:15 PM »
Yes and yes. Soma does have one of those, and I have also used dreaming to find secret places and things.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:33:11 PM »
Are we talking about the "stone" that was carried from the Toltec Nagual to here?

This is an interesting question you ask Juhani...
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 02:42:39 PM »
I should avoid any confusion here and explain what Soma Dreaming is about. It means visiting this forum on the astral.

But I should explain, and soon I will, that everyone here has visited the astral Soma, before they became members.

I recall my first dream, and that was well back in the TNF days. We dream before we 'live'. That's the direction it's coming, and we stand in astral - how we know.

Dreaming Soma is like a forest, and enchanted forest. Your visit will be like none other, so don't mind speaking about it.

In actuality, all we are doing by inviting people to dream Soma, is to invite them to awaken to what is already happening.

Now dreams, you know, are full of mixtures of our lives. And they come to us in many tricks. But if you feel there is an element of Soma in your dream, feel encouraged to share it here. What is being encouraged is simply for you to see what is happening on a deeper level. Too often we fall victim of side winds, so unless we struggle to open our eyes to what we are really doing, then we are vulnerable.

There is no secret here in Soma. I am dying to share the deepest visions of our life.

So your entrance is unique, and you will see that in your dreams of Soma. Quite natural - no set structure, an amorphous conglomeration - an 'ampy glom' as they say in Iceland.

So I will start with a dream sequenced view of some things about Soma of which I have told very few. At the inception of The Toltec Nagual Forum (TNF) (of which some here may know), in astral, myself and some others went to a very ancient place. In this stone-built maze of houses, we found the right one. This was an old temple - long long ago, and forgot about, except for us. We had returned to collect the 'Ancient Stone', which lay under the floor in the centre of the small temple.

This stone was sacred, and we carried it to its new home, which was TNF. I enjoyed a bit of flying after that.

Those who do know of TNF are unfortunately only familiar with the 'troubles' at the end. Prior to that, for it's long history, TNF was a truly magical hall of mysteries. That was the spirit of the Ancient Stone - it gave intensity and we could use that to build beauty, and knowledge.

But the Ancient Stone could not protect against human stupidity. What happened to the TNF was a simple result of Kris R having better things to do. It's end was a natural process.

On the night before it closed, I went in again, and retrieved the Ancient Stone. I brought it here to Soma.
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 10:11:32 PM »
True, and the stone remains here. But the stone's vibration has it's consequences.

That vibration is a replica of the stone itself, and it travels gradually, by osmosis, into those who have been in Soma for a long time, and they each now carry that stone within themselves. I can certainly see that, but it is only a seed - an initiation.

I have closely observed those we have invited here over the years, and in almost all cases, quite simply they were incapable of matching the spiritual elan of the Ancient Stone. But it is safe here for the time being, and anyway, it has done its work for this phase to propagate. Those who carry the seed are struggling to realise it. I don't mean realise as in recognise, but as in manifest. Yet it's glow is clear for they who seek that glow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk