Author Topic: My crows  (Read 166 times)

Jahn

My crows
« on: March 26, 2007, 04:17:44 AM »

I am sorry but I was too fast on the trigger. It was this lovely morning, with a quite thick mist around my house and a pair of crows that lives here came and made their morning fresh up. Making a lot of pleasent sounds, no kraa kraa, but cuddling unusual sounds.

I got in and fetched the camera because one was still left and I had the intent to shoot when he/she left the twig but I am afraid it was a bit early, I would have liked it with the wings full spread in the free air. But anyhow, here is a greeting from us:

Jahn

Re: My crows
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 04:24:23 AM »

on the other hand, checking the other crow picture I suppose this is what I wanted to get into my camera!

Jahn

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 04:30:36 AM »

I would like a better Zoom, this is as close that I can get from the ground.

The young pair of crows, early sunday morning.

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 04:32:31 AM »
I am sorry but I was too fast on the trigger.

There are excercises and medicines for that, you know!  :P :D

Other is.  Self must struggle to exist.

- Brian George

Jahn

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 04:35:08 AM »
There are excercises and medicines for that, you know!  :P :D

hahaha ;D

Talking cameras - these digital ones are a bit slow, therefore I was too fast, but I am learning.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 08:52:49 AM »
on the other hand, checking the other crow picture I suppose this is what I wanted to get into my camera!

These are beautiful Jahn!!!!  :-*

I have a hard time with catching things due the slowness of my camera too.. it always seems the first photo is lost and next few the camera seems to speed up some.

Your area is stunning and the crows are too!

Thanks so much for sharing :)

I caught a few ravens on camera a few days ago Ill add to your thread when I download my camera next.

Much Love, Jennifer
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
Re: many many crows
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »
hahaha ;D

Talking cameras - these digital ones are a bit slow, therefore I was too fast, but I am learning.

Thats what the multi-shot feature is for!   ;)  :D

ahh the digital binary world of 1s and 0s ... vaavaavaavoom!! 

but what kind of digital approximation, what fineness of binary resolution will be enough to fool the human perception into believing it is the same as the infinite gradiation of the analog world?  will technology ever make it possible?  supposedly the new quantum computers will be able to not only operate in the binary world of 1s and 0s, or black and white - but instead be able to deal with almost infinite gradiations of grey between that "ON" or "OFF" state.. instead of 'bits' you have 'qubits'

A classical computer has a memory made up of bits, where each bit holds either a one or a zero. The device computes by manipulating those bits, i.e. by transporting these bits from memory to (possibly a suite of) logic gates and back. A quantum computer maintains a vector of qubits. A qubit can hold a one, a zero, or, crucially, a superposition of these. A quantum computer operates by manipulating those qubits, i.e. by transporting these bits from memory to (possibly a suite of) quantum logic gates and back.

An example of an implementation of qubits for a quantum computer would be the use of particles with two spin states: "up" and "down" (typically written |0\rangle and |1\rangle). But in fact any system possessing an observable quantity A which is conserved under time evolution and such that A has at least two discrete and sufficiently spaced consecutive eigenvalues, is a suitable candidate for implementing a qubit. That's because any such system can be mapped onto an effective spin-1/2.

Consider first a classical computer that operates on a 3 bit register. At any given time, the bits in the register are in a definite state, such as 101. In a quantum computer, however, the qubits can be in a superposition of all the classically allowed states. In fact, the register is described by a wavefunction:

where the coefficients α, β, γ,... are complex numbers whose amplitudes squared are the probabilities to measure the qubits in each state. Consequently, | γ | 2 is the probability to measure the register in the state 010. It is important that these numbers are complex, due to the fact that the phases of the numbers can constructively and destructively interfere with one another; this is an important feature for quantum algorithms.[3]

For an n qubit quantum register, recording the state of the register requires 2n complex numbers (the 3-qubit register requires 23 = 8 numbers). Consequently, the number of classical states encoded in a quantum register grows exponentially with the number of qubits. For n=300, this is roughly 1090, more states than there are atoms in the observable universe. Note that the coefficients are not all independent, since the probabilities must sum to 1. The representation is also (for most practical cases) non-unique, since there is no way to physically distinguish between a particular quantum register and a similar one where all of the amplitudes have been multiplied by the same phase such as −1, i, or in general any number on the complex unit circle. One can show the dimension of the set of states of an n qubit register is 2n+1 − 2.
Other is.  Self must struggle to exist.

- Brian George

Taimi

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 03:09:44 AM »
There used to be this ill crow always sitting on a low tree beside the road, i saw him every day. He sat there quite long, i don't know how he managed, maybe other crows brought him food. Haven't seen him for a while now.

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 03:45:30 AM »
That was me swooping near you, Jahn.  Didn't you hear my three caws?

hahahahaha
t2f

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk