Author Topic: The Green Man  (Read 561 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
The Green Man
« on: March 01, 2023, 09:58:04 PM »
The Green Man

Someone asked Rudolf Steiner, on a train, a significant question (paraphrased):
“Speaking on behalf of so much of awakened humanity: I know what I should be doing, how I should live, but I just can’t reach and sustain it in practice. What is wrong?”

Steiner thought for some time, in silence, then replied that the problem lay in the food people eat. He believed that there were extra energetic elements to our food, which modern agricultural practices have caused to become depleted. And that these elements were essential for the energy to feed the spirit, beyond the body. This led to his biodynamic agricultural practices and movement, but is also why so many, and those who can afford it, opt for organic produce and especially eschew commercially processed food.

Steiner was responding to a problem he perceived in his time, which is now around a hundred years ago. This problem, that he identified, has not departed – in fact it has become so severe that the very living surface of our planet is threatened, and the health industry of all nations is in state of freefall in its ability to not only repair bodies, but cannot possibly meet the escalation in mental illness. Certainly, the food industry is in crisis, and the burgeoning adoption of Regenerative Agriculture is hyper-alive to the desperate situation, offering exceptional practices to remedy.

But they are still too few and too late, to forestall the explosion in mental health demands that are now flooding across into political spheres, threatening the fabric of our global and national governance. The crisis in mental illness presented in social media and obsession with internet, fuelling a depraved fixation upon celebrities as an infused aberration of personal identity, is reaching global panic threshold. Homosapiens are tipping into collective psychopathy.

But let’s revert to this question of Steiner. It was not about the mass of humanity, but the hurdle that serious aspirants to spiritual growth face when they have learnt all the ideas, concepts, words and thrown themselves into that aspiration – they have glimpsed the horizon-point of their deepest yearning, and yet, find it impossible to actualise that vision.

My insight, at this late phase of my life, is different to Steiner’s. His prescription was accurate for his time, but not now. If any aspirant is still eating commercially processed foods as their primary diet, they are not ‘serious’ – by now, we all know that home cooking with fresh food is essential for health of body and mind. And aspirant that has not discovered the joy and craft of cooking is a fool. No, something entirely different has crept into the human condition which wasn’t especially prevalent a hundred years ago.

Humanity has become city dwellers, and lost their intimate relationship with the natural world. Unfortunately, I took this for granted in the past, and wrongly assumed spiritual aspirants would instinctively know that the ancient lore – ‘go into the wilderness alone’ – was absolutely the key prerequisite to a successful path. Wrongly, I say, because I belatedly realised that not only was this injunction not understood, but worse, not practised by many who pretended to spirituality.

Were someone to come to me today with that same question posed to Steiner so long ago, I would immediately say, leave the city and move to the edge of the natural world. Somewhere where your days and nights were infused with the presence of untamed nature. Not completely in wilderness – that has its own dangers – but on the edge, such that life is balanced between the constructs of humanity and natural wilderness.

So, the person would say, “That is impractical. I need to work and be near my family. Is it OK if I just walk regularly in the park and along the river front?” “No!” I’d respond. And there are many reasons why not. The first, is that it means you are not committed to the path of personal realisation.

The second, is that you do not understand the energetic quality of nature. Of course, a garden, a park, a tree along the roadway, are all beautiful and critical for our relationship with nature. But all these are there for human purposes, and as such they are like pets – tamed creatures for human desires. They lack a special etheric light which shimmers off the surface of all free beings which live for their own purposes – not slaves of another’s design.

There is no alternative option. If you have not lived sufficiently on the edge of wilderness, in order to feel the presence of free nature in your bones, then you quite simply lack the infusion of alien energy into your being, which alone supplies that extra boost we all need to launch ourselves out of instinctive life.

Those who learn from all the books and are touched by the true gurus and shamans of your time, and yet have not been able to relocate their living to also be touched by the alien energy of free nature, fall into a special trap. They believe themselves to be wise and possessors of hidden knowledge, and yet they are trapped between worlds – they know too much to return to the common fold, but lack the fire-power to reach that new, unfathomable world of spiritual light.

Unavoidably, instead of facing their condition squarely, truthfully, acknowledging failure, which would be too humiliating to look in the eye, they turn their ‘face’ back to the common world. And with the powers acquired from their aborted journey, which did at least yield some supra-sensible capacities, they revert to playing magician for the attention-paying spiritual dilettantes, who seek entertainment with incense. These ‘magicians’ are a sad and desperate lot, who live out their lives as circus curiosities.

Alas, there is no hope for them in this or the next world, unless in the depths of their subconscious despair, they rally one final burst of courage – face their calamity fully and strike out for freedom with every fibre of their being. They MUST leave their place of abode, and seek a new life closer to nature. Alas, there is no other way – the forces aligned against them are so vast and powerful, nothing short of an outrageous, reckless thrust into the unknown will jolt their entrapment and maybe, just maybe, cleave the slimmest of cracks through which their spirit can escape.

https://michaelmaher.bandcamp.com/track/04-the-will-to-survive
Love Love x 2 View List

Doubting Thomas

Re: The Green Man
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 05:36:06 AM »
Modern statistics are, unfortunately, rather pessimistic:
Today, the average child in the US spends 4-7 minutes outdoors and 7 hours indoors in front of the TV or computer every day.

In Finland, 9th graders spend 50-75 hours a week on their smartphones.

The estrangement from nature is accelerating.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 08:38:38 AM »
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 11:30:05 AM »
I said RayMond on FB is my Greenman  7 years looking out for me. Many don’t know or understand yet been protecting. Aware who is real or not.

Maybe like an all seeing eye a witness

Earth too?

I know many have been confused by him I told folks let him be

I even told him once to be nicer to you Michael

Lol

Sometimes we might not know who is our witness so

Either way I felt he was my green man

Watching me grow all this time

I felt called to get Brighid and green man recent

Glad I did

I guess I now wait myself till spring?
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 11:33:57 AM »
I woke from a nap

It’s raining

god is in the rain

And you never know who is your witness so

Be nice
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 12:17:51 PM »
You may want to peek at my video

Cause he has been watching you MM

And he likes me better than you

You know it so…

You lucky I asked HIM

To give YOU grace

I told him when my family abandoned me

You were there

Green Man

I’d keep it a secret but…

You know

Just show you all

How lucky you are

Cause he is that…

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 12:20:31 PM »
Good thing you

We’re nice

Gave me back my blog cause

If I went down….

He was…

He supports me…

Always has

You think he trolling…

Think what you all want

And yet he never said….

I added him and said

Let him be….🔥👇☘️✅🦚🌈💯🌹🔥

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 12:23:59 PM »
One of many YouTube’s on his FB

In all CC groups.

Even SIR

This

Good enough

https://youtu.be/UrIiLvg58SY

He got more power than you MM

Even me

Scary huh!

flowering done!

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 12:36:42 PM »
Power of Silence!

Bless those that

🌹

Who really ….

You don’t know….

Kiss you all soma

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3-Yh6rnOchs&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

I need to think of a good YouTube to send him on the down low….

Between him and me

You all dumb and dumber…

See that sun coming up?

🍀✅🎶🕶

We both not for sale

*👓✅🎶🍀🧙

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023, 12:38:37 PM »
Awe it just popped on

I don’t need to pm him

He just spoke

To y’all

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 12:49:48 PM »
But I did pm him.

We uh good

☀️ 👓 🌝

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023, 01:00:51 PM »
Uh oh

I know he like the AShs

Amber

Yes

Young ones.

Olivia

Me

But you all?

He tossing shade

I need to chat with him….

In my own way

Cause 3-13 a few years ago

That was A aboriginal wall…

I got pulled out of

https://youtube.com/watch?v=l64EyXcxvmo&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

Styx

Lemme go chat…

Cause he not…trusting of this shit

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023, 01:04:31 PM »
I’m sure a past life wall

But fire chasing me

Nasty things

Ney my black cat jusding

Shout on now

Let me

Power of a silence you all fir a change…

See how it feels

I git the whole world in my hands….

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2023, 01:07:14 PM »
Ps I take note

My kids and grandkids are safe

But that wall…

It got nasty and Michael I kept asking you for WORDS….

You will soon want..,mine or his…

Renegade on…

No lie….

Oh mama he knew….

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2023, 01:08:50 PM »
Yeah many tears you flowerers….

Many…

Better not block

K I’m gonna meditate on it…

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk