Author Topic: Bruce Lee's Seven Affirmations  (Read 30 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Bruce Lee's Seven Affirmations
« on: June 24, 2024, 11:43:54 AM »
Affirmations are very powerful to me, and I encourage the group to use them. it is something that I will mention a great deal in readings. I have many affirmation decks as well. In reality, Oracle decks are kind of that: positive affirmations given by the universe. And affirmations can do a lot of correcting of the Internal Dialog. Like the way people can talk to themselves in their head is brutal! For example, say someone makes a mistake. Saying "Oh that was dumb" verses "Oh my God, I am so stupid I can't believe I did that!" The sentiments while look similar, and really both are negative. But in the latter, the person is truly black magic'ing their own mind. If people repeat such bad things in mind all the time, eventually they are going to believe the negative story they say.

Now though I'm discussing Bruce Lee, it also brings me to this, because one thing affirmations can do, is give confidence in one's abilities: "The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.”

It seems subtle enough. But don Juan is smart enough to shift the focus off the judgment of outer people, and we focus on the inner. Instead of seeking validation from others, to fuel our self-confidence, he puts the job squarely on our side of the court. And this would not make one egoic, no. We are actually our harshest critic. So this is why, he seeks "impeccability in his own eyes, and calls that humbleness." Because when we can accept ourselves within, we are free.

Bruce Lee's Seven Affirmations:

Memory

Recognizing the value of an alert mind and an alert memory, I will encourage mine to become alert by taking care to impress it clearly with all thoughts. I wish to recall and by associating those thoughts with related subjects which I may call to mind frequently.

Subconscious Mind

Recognizing the influence of my subconscious mind over my power of will, I shall take care to submit to it a clear and definite picture of my major purpose in life and all minor purposes leading to my major purpose, and I shall keep this picture constantly before my subconscious mind by repeating it daily!

Imagination

Recognizing the need for sound plans and ideas for the attainment of my desires, I will develop my imagination by calling upon it daily for help in the formation of my plans.

Emotion

Realizing that my emotions are both positive and negative, I will form daily habits which will encourage the development of the positive emotions and aid me in converting the negative emotions into some form of useful action.

Reason

Recognizing that my positive and negative emotions may be dangerous if they are not guided to desirable ends, I will submit all my desires, aims, and purposes to my faculty of reason, and I will be guided by it in giving expression to these.

Conscience

Recognizing that my emotions often err in their over-enthusiasm, and my faculty of reason often is without the warmth of feeling that is necessary to enable me to combine justice with mercy in my judgments, I will encourage my conscience to guide me as to what is right and wrong, but I will never set aside the verdicts it renders, no matter what may be the cost of carrying them out.

Willpower

The power of will is the supreme court over all other departments of my mind. I will exercise it daily when I need the urge to action for my purpose, and I will form habits designed to bring the power of my will into action at least once daily.

"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan
Agree Agree x 1 View List

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk