Author Topic: Famous Last Words  (Read 20 times)

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
Famous Last Words
« on: July 31, 2024, 07:51:08 AM »
The last book, The Active Side of Infinity, was published right before Carlos Castaneda died. So to me, it's important to look at the  very last moment of interaction, between don Juan and Carlos.

"Forget the self and you will fear nothing, in whatever level of awareness you find yourself to be," he said.

And the final words, always stuck with me the most. "I hope you find love!"

Now, many years ago, I thought that was a nice thing to say, but it was very contrary to the lessons don Juan was teaching. He was not one for sentimentality, that wasn't his type of teachings. But I also look back to the time this was written. Carlos, was quite the ladies man, and not in the best way.

Now, many years later, I realize it was a curse. It was a sneaky curse of don Juan, because I do not believe he approved of the various things going on with the witches. Carlos was giving into desires and things, which was not the warrior way.

Now, I have stepped back over the years, my frustration with Carlos for this. I have also done this with Osho. Osho of course mixed sexuality and spirituality and got hedonistic. He lost his way. Carlos, lost his way. But the writings, the teachings of both men, still stand firm. So if anything, we need to learn by these examples.

So later years I realized this was not a well-wishing of Carlos, but a curse. If he was going to continue the path he was one. What is the one thing, that can get one stuck in the repeat, death, cross over, return-type cycle? Love can do it!

Don Juan spoke much about the power of solitude, even in the Active Side of Infinity. The teachings were there, to undo various entanglements. But this curse, to find love, was a trap.

Now course, I believe Carlos later wiggled his way out of the IB world for this. But it is a lesson, and I guess many can look at this and have a different view what don Juan meant by this. But this seems to be the one thing, that can hook a warrior in the wrong way. Love. Then course he left and here we are.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk