Author Topic: The Enemy  (Read 138 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
The Enemy
« on: August 17, 2024, 01:40:57 AM »
Who is the enemy?

Offline nikos

• Sadhu
Re: The Enemy
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2024, 03:28:27 AM »
I think there are enemies and challenges unique to everyone and his/her soul agreements....

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
  • Love You ALL To The Moon and Back...
    • SIR
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2024, 08:22:32 AM »
Who is the enemy?

I've thought of this lots of times. First, I'll say my own self-importance. Then, the adversary. Sure, the adversary is something that is of us. I think we have to know what we are dealing with if we are going to win any personal war. Then, the foreign installation. But we have to take care of the first two, to take that one on.
"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline nikos

• Sadhu
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2024, 11:36:19 PM »
Something about the 4th enemy of man is itching me.... the summer of 2023 something happened and a sphere in my mind got off track/have been removed.... it was like a small death that made me be on my toes with old age difficult.....

This was 'prophesised' for sometimes from delivery boys that were bring in me coffee and food while I was in Athens..

I was telling them that you can't give up, and they had a different opinion.. Someone named Aggelos even told me that 'we will die' in the summer... meaning that the heat will be unbearable.

Then someone posted in another forum on a topic about demons that there he wasn't believing in demons because, he said, when we pass we experience only what we want.. The next day, a very hot day I felt like giving up on an extreme consciousness push, and I felt like this little ball in my mind has been removed. It was like death... I connected it with old age although I don't use the Toltec vocabulary solely.. There was a dream that night that something offended me, and my feminise double part came forward and sunk within the battlefield and sort of became idle or vanished. This made me woke up along with some guides telling me not to attack (that feminine aspect which was manifesting in my dreams was competitive) , and I woke up with the dog barking and 2 or three people had intruded in the front yard of my house just talking and making noise around 5 AM... They got away and I fall back at sleep dreaming of being in my house and a girl (that I interpret as the girl I 'm frequently speaking about) saying "I 'm Maria Lignaki or something , and I left the light open"....

This was strange, a small death consciousness related and with this lack the thought that I can't battle old age.

grrrr.....

- Pardon me for being so personal ... *

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2024, 04:18:45 AM »
Those are the four natural enemies and they are an issue. But I think Michael is going deeper who is "the" enemy. I know per Sun Tzu, we have to know who this is:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You have to know what you are up against. Note that Sun Tzu stresses the importance of knowing yourself, too.

You have to be honest with yourself, and know both your strengths, and your weaknesses.

It's not that hard to do. Look back on your past, and where did you most shine and succeed? And when you failed, what were you doing? What was your mindset? And, how many times did you give into behavior that was self-defeating?

So we have to face the adversary, and to me, that is more internal, and it can become so powerful, it manifests externally. Like a demon.

Then if that is out of the way you face the world and see the foreign installation is reeking havoc. And Buddha really nailed it well what these issues were. Now he did say craving. But really, I might argue back, tho he is right, look at greed. But ignorance. Ignorance is really what fuels the FI and gets folks to submit so strongly. Keeping them in the dark and stupid. And keeping them willfully ignorant. Making them run from actual knowledge, even labeling it heresy or evil. They are not taught to question the world that is presented. They are taught to accept it as it is. And if anything, uphold it. So, folks who are awake to this game, are up against THAT.

"A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent." - don Juan

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2024, 08:57:18 AM »
It is an instructive question, and sure, we should go through life looking for enemies at every corner, in every face and mood. But what is the real enemy is a question not seeking an answer, but seeking insight.

Naomi Klein was asked this question once, and after she offered a few of the usual suspects, the person replied, "No, you are the enemy."

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2024, 10:18:01 AM »
It is an instructive question, and sure, we should go through life looking for enemies at every corner, in every face and mood. But what is the real enemy is a question not seeking an answer, but seeking insight.

Naomi Klein was asked this question once, and after she offered a few of the usual suspects, the person replied, "No, you are the enemy."

Right. We cant take shit on until we deal with the enemy within.

"“We have met the enemy and he is us.” - Walt Kelly.

Now that quote came to mind I had to look it up. He was a cartoonist and that quote came from a character, and the comic was in relation to Earth Day, in 1970.

Like you are speaking about climate change. He was too, when he made the statement. We are acting like a cancer on this planet. The other saying "we are our own worst enemy" comes into play too.

Until humans wake up and realize that they have to do something, they are their own worst enemy.

Offline nikos

• Sadhu
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2024, 04:31:17 PM »
This may sound unresolved... seeing ourselves incapable of healing and seeing all the plight in the world looks like we are in a dead end street.

There is a quote that says "how can we change the world if we can't change ourselves, damn it."

___

Now, I don't know maybe the times are against us.............

P.S. It's not my intention to put oil in the fire....

Just something seems unresolvable........ at least for or in  my conscience.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2024, 09:42:24 PM »
the enemy within

That is one aspect of the answer Naomi received. I'm using her case only as a leaver to tease open multiple implications of the 'enemy'.

When that person said, "You are the enemy", indeed, that we are our own worst enemy is one highly relevant insight. Our minds are full of romantic words and aspirations, but when we can't turn those into life facts, then something inside, is a traitor. Alas, the truth is much less dramatic - the failure lies in the chain of command. It's because we failed to develop will, that's all, and that places us in the same boat as 99% of humanity... so no big deal - we are simply just like everyone else - a hypocrite.

But there is another aspect to interpreting that we, ourselves, are the enemy.

Recall Gurdjieff's comment, that the path to personal awakening is against God. In DJ's terminology, to awaken in will means to break the Eagle's command. Once you turn that inner switch, to actualization, everyone around you instinctively knows that you are their enemy.

In the early stages of the path, this is a serious turmoil. But as one progresses, it becomes a skill of the craft, to manage multiple layers. Nonetheless, the tension, and instinctive, subconscious dissonance between those surrounding us who remain within, and we who have dislocated from, the command, is always there, like a primaeval alligator whom we dance around. For how long?

The distinction between these two aspects is the 'awakening of will'. So long as we have failed in that task, everyone around accepts us, because we are within the command. Oh sure, they will compete and attack, but that's all within the command's parameters. It's all within the game. Once we succeed in awakening the will, then we sense the alligators eyes in the mud for the first time.

Offline Bornamber

• Pir
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2024, 01:00:02 AM »

Recall Gurdjieff's comment, that the path to personal awakening is against God. In DJ's terminology, to awaken in will means to break the Eagle's command. Once you turn that inner switch, to actualization, everyone around you instinctively knows that you are their enemy.”

This is interesting …. Bc those of us that seek say we seek god.

But I see god as “nature”. The law. And what not.

And sometimes when I’ve been in ceremony and I start to see the code break down I get this deep instinctive awareness that I’m going against nature … that I’m not supposed to be messing with the programming in this way …. And that has bothered me because most people in that position say to do what we are doing is going TOWARDS god. So I was trying to reconcile that contradiction. It felt “wrong” not wrong as in bad. But wrong as in “against nature”

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2024, 02:20:37 AM »
That is one aspect of the answer Naomi received. I'm using her case only as a leaver to tease open multiple implications of the 'enemy'.

When that person said, "You are the enemy", indeed, that we are our own worst enemy is one highly relevant insight. Our minds are full of romantic words and aspirations, but when we can't turn those into life facts, then something inside, is a traitor. Alas, the truth is much less dramatic - the failure lies in the chain of command. It's because we failed to develop will, that's all, and that places us in the same boat as 99% of humanity... so no big deal - we are simply just like everyone else - a hypocrite.

But there is another aspect to interpreting that we, ourselves, are the enemy.

Recall Gurdjieff's comment, that the path to personal awakening is against God. In DJ's terminology, to awaken in will means to break the Eagle's command. Once you turn that inner switch, to actualization, everyone around you instinctively knows that you are their enemy.

In the early stages of the path, this is a serious turmoil. But as one progresses, it becomes a skill of the craft, to manage multiple layers. Nonetheless, the tension, and instinctive, subconscious dissonance between those surrounding us who remain within, and we who have dislocated from, the command, is always there, like a primaeval alligator whom we dance around. For how long?

The distinction between these two aspects is the 'awakening of will'. So long as we have failed in that task, everyone around accepts us, because we are within the command. Oh sure, they will compete and attack, but that's all within the command's parameters. It's all within the game. Once we succeed in awakening the will, then we sense the alligators eyes in the mud for the first time.

That's interesting. Like Neo with the Smiths of The Matrix trying to keep him in line. I have definitely encountered that. Like that time last year in the hospital, when I was talking to that doctor and cops and all. I'm sitting there an awakened person, and I'm not the typical woman. I was in war mode. But I was totally calm talking to these people. But they felt threatened. It's the weirdest flowering thing. They are all in line ready to try to take you down if you are awake.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2024, 11:34:31 PM »
most people in that position say to do what we are doing is going TOWARDS god.

There is a misconception about God.

We can't wander aimlessly. To awaken is to eject from the command... that is what awakening means. But actually, we transit from one command to another. We are flotsam in a powerful stream, and to activate agency, we must fight against the command we are sealed into. To do that, we resubmit to another command... a smaller stream. The main stream is the will of God - we are food for God. The smaller stream is also food for God, but much finer. This is another, less known, will of God wherein It propagates and harvests awakened consciousness. To exit the main stream we must fight the overpowering enchantment God has projected. God is not a benevolent force - It doesn't care. Once we extract ourselves, we enter into a totally new relationship with God.

Offline Firestarter

• Ellen
  • Rishi
    • SIR
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2024, 11:45:38 PM »
There is a misconception about God.

We can't wander aimlessly. To awaken is to eject from the command... that is what awakening means. But actually, we transit from one command to another. We are flotsam in a powerful stream, and to activate agency, we must fight against the command we are sealed into. To do that, we resubmit to another command... a smaller stream. The main stream is the will of God - we are food for God. The smaller stream is also food for God, but much finer. This is another, less known, will of God wherein It propagates and harvests awakened consciousness. To exit the main stream we must fight the overpowering enchantment God has projected. God is not a benevolent force - It doesn't care. Once we extract ourselves, we enter into a totally new relationship with God.

You know, this makes me think of that video I posted,  the guy who hosts the Nagual zone, and even readings I've done. Or what other spiritualists have said. That this whole deal with being born, suffer it out for "lessons," and that is real! Die, and we got a gang of guides saying to go back and do this or that lesson. I don't necessarily get it's an evil force. But it can still be kind of Matrix like as well. I have sat with it. It's exhausting energetically to not have some say in what we do. I do definitely feel folks volunteered to be here, esp for this time as Earth is at a very critical point. But yes going for a little separate stream, or even flying out of the stream and getting away from all of it, the whole karmic soup is more ideal to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk