Author Topic: Witchcraft and sorcery  (Read 610 times)

Offline daphne

• Rishi
Re: Witchcraft and sorcery
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 02:40:08 PM »

Do you have any idea how the Dreamtime supposedly came to be? In other words was it there before the aboriginals, was it something they created or helped create? How did it originate?

I have also found the Dreamtime to be rather fascinating, though know very little of it, and of the Aborigines.
To me it has been somewhat evocative of the time before time, when we had as yet not crystalised into our physical form   :)
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 02:48:15 PM »

So it goes - decisions come along the way in their own time, and I, for example, was puzzled by them and did not understand what was happening or where these words were coming from! :)

My own experience has been somewhat similar.. at times I have seen myself as nothing other than the 'mouthpiece' voicing the decision.. which somehow would spring itself on me in surprise!   :)

One incident comes to mind. I was driving along one day, rather on 'automatic' and minding my own business (heh) when I suddenly heard this voiceless voice charging me with a decision to make It was to be an immediate 'yay' or 'nay' - no time to think, just answer. I made my decision, and only after was I able to revisit that moment to try and grasp some glimmer of understanding.

"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

erik

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 02:50:09 PM »
 Amazing, isn't it? :)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 02:53:58 PM by erik »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 02:57:08 PM »
Amazing, isn't it? :)

Indeed it is!  :)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 09:39:24 PM »
One incident comes to mind. I was driving along one day, rather on 'automatic' and minding my own business (heh) when I suddenly heard this voiceless voice charging me with a decision to make It was to be an immediate 'yay' or 'nay' - no time to think, just answer. I made my decision, and only after was I able to revisit that moment to try and grasp some glimmer of understanding.

that's a perfect example of what I call the 'strike', which I have been talking to Jennifer about recently.

i will get around to explaining...

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 01:06:08 AM »
Michael, I remember when you sent me an email 7-8 years ago (not quite sure what we were discussing) and in it you outlined options one could take in life: either one goes with Spirit or remains in the daily world. It was quite difficult for me to say these words: 'I definitely go with Spirit'.

Well recalled E! Now that is a far better decision. That one we can make right now, right this second.

of course it raises the issue of how can we go with Spirit, yet also not choose Freedom. I'll leave that for your reflection and research. But to go or not go with Spirit? That is a decision worthy of our life's blood. We may not know what the choice is there, but no matter... Spirit knows.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:07:44 AM by Michael »

erik

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 04:48:46 AM »
of course it raises the issue of how can we go with Spirit, yet also not choose Freedom.

I know, there's no Freedom for me. It's about job that needs to be done. Choices that were made aeons ago.

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 07:58:41 AM »
I know, there's no Freedom for me. It's about job that needs to be done. Choices that were made aeons ago.

curious, no Freedom for you? Can you explain why?
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

erik

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 03:17:09 PM »
curious, no Freedom for you? Can you explain why?

I just know it. I have no pull toward the Path of High Adventure, none, whatsoever. I have spent quite some time on pondering and wondering if deep in my heart I want to jump into infinity and eternity and fly around like a happy snowflake. :) That vision does not attract as well.

I like Freedom like Mares defines it - freedom from beliefs, freedom from narrow frames of domesticated human mind. Yet this state is only a tool required for accomplishing what I seem to have undertaken to do. I don't see it clearly yet, but I know that I cannot leave and will probably be back in next incarnation. There's a huge difference if one is able to keep up continuity through lives and come and go with full awareness. That is a Freedom, too, but different kind of freedom.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 03:25:11 PM by erik »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 03:54:10 PM »

Watcher..  that too is freedom.   :)

erik

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 04:31:05 PM »

What do you mean? :)

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 05:00:28 PM »
What do you mean? :)

Of your own free will   :)

erik

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 05:06:38 PM »
 :)

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007, 12:40:51 AM »
The Dominio Affect

What IS "the after life"?  Another life after THIS one?  I have come to define "life" as being not afraid to be oneself, and that takes a lot of work.  Without The Work, there is no true life at all for the human existence remains quite empty, comparatively speaking.  If we ARE trying hard to be our true selves, then this will drive The Work in our next incarnation.  It won't get easier but things will be clearer.  To me, this makes the energetic qualities of our "next life" dependent on what qualities we enhance THIS life.  So, The Work is here and now.  So, I guess, "freedom" IS this lack of fear to be oneself, and quite a big circle it is.

As I do The Work I find myself remembering to remember that The Work has been done before, for I can sense it.  And, The Work, never ends.  So, this too, gives me freedom.  I have only THIS TIME to work on and I "know" that MY work will be remembered because I am remembering The Work from another lifetime.

THAT'S why I use the term, "Remembering to remember" often.  :)

t2f

Offline Nick

• Rishi
  • Life Branches.
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2007, 12:38:28 PM »

Thought provoking.

A watcher stands outside the sphere of activity able to observe without being influenced in this sense a kind of freedom, he/ she is also able to see more because than those who are influenced and identified with what is going on.

Of course, what did 'you' mean by Watcher?
"As long as we confuse the myriad forms of the divine lila with reality, without perceiving the unity of Brahman underlying all these forms, we are under the spell of maya..."
 -Fritjof Capra, The Tao of Physics: An Exploration of the Parallels between Modern Physics and Eastern Mysticism

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk