Author Topic: Tibetan Dream Yoga  (Read 78 times)

erik

Tibetan Dream Yoga
« on: June 12, 2007, 12:45:34 AM »
I'm reading now couple of books on the subject and have found things I had no idea about. I thought it might be worth posting them. But should it be here, i.e. in the folder under 'Buddhism'? That is an open question as the Dream Yoga has equal roots in Bön and in Nyingma strain of Tibetan Buddhism. Moreover, there is a claim by Bön followers that they are the original Buddhists as Buddha Shakyamuni wasn't the first Buddha. Bönpas claim that the first Buddha was Buddha Shenrab Miwoche 17,000 years before Buddha Shakyamuni. The first book I'm reading is actually written by Bön lama Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche.

So if there is a feeling that this should go under 'Shamanism', feel free to move it!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 01:06:22 AM by erik »

erik

Re: Tibetan Dream Yoga
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 01:03:56 AM »
When Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche's teacher in Bön monastery was preparing to give teaching on Great Realisation, he asked his students to dream and tell him their dreams. Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche saw a bus driving around his teacher's house. Tenzin Wangyal was on it and with bus driver they were giving pieces of paper with Tibetan 'A' to all who stepped on board (bus!!!). p.12

One master of Dream Yoga attained Great Realisation and upon death obtained body of light - jalus - that means in Tibetan 'rainbow body' (who remembers - it echoes well with the Shell dream where 'rainbow children will be allowed to run free as they are infertile anyway'). Such fully realised Dzogchen practitioner is no longer deluded by apparent substantiality or dualisms such as mind and matter, realeases the energy of elements that compose the physical body at the time of death. The body itself is dissolved, leaving only hair and nails, and the practitioner consciously enters death.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 09:34:02 PM »
One master of Dream Yoga attained Great Realisation and upon death obtained body of light - jalus - that means in Tibetan 'rainbow body' (who remembers - it echoes well with the Shell dream where 'rainbow children will be allowed to run free as they are infertile anyway'). Such fully realised Dzogchen practitioner is no longer deluded by apparent substantiality or dualisms such as mind and matter, realeases the energy of elements that compose the physical body at the time of death. The body itself is dissolved, leaving only hair and nails, and the practitioner consciously enters death.

Rainbow appears in many things for me, rainbow water, rainbow people, rainbow bridge and gates ect..

I noticed the Rainbow serpent in one of Michael's recent posts.

What does the rainbow represent to you?
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

erik

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 12:02:26 AM »
What does the rainbow represent to you?

I've studied quite a bit of physics and rainbow for me is a white light split into its constituent parts by prism.

Like we are split into two sexes upon incarnating as as humans, like Unspeakable is split into many things before its physical manifestation.

Rainbow is White Light split into seven.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk