Author Topic: Don Juan's quotes  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Re: Don Juan's quotes
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2007, 06:52:31 AM »
Kinda reminds me of what my mom always said..

"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"

I know it would be a land of fluffy bunnies.. if everyone was just nice and accepting.. but hey...

Peace.
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

nichi

« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2007, 07:31:35 AM »
Stalking this, I hear a lil voice saying to me, it's none of my business whether someone wants to hide behind the 4 Agreements. The voice is right. I suppose I have an aging flower child in me.

Sorry to all. 

Peace indeed!

Gunslinger

« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2007, 07:56:51 AM »
I generally follow the rule of "leave people alone".  If I draw someone that is intent on not leaving me alone, I must be telling myself something.  That something varies.  When I perceive the attack, I usually withdraw myself from the person and the situation, step to the side and let their energy pass.  Then, I wonder why I perceived the action as an attack.  In a group situation, this is more difficult  because some of the individuals are drawing the attack.  In the case of a country, it's damn near impossible not to participate, somehow.

I'm generally accepting of others, but that doesn't mean I have to commit suicide (used as a metaphor).  In a group situation, I prefer not to participate in the group.  However, if I value my group participation enough, I may take steps to move the group to change their "draw" of the attack, or, in the recent case, to lock the attacker out.  WE remove OURSELVES from the attack.  I still accept that person, but I'd prefer not to participate in this group with her because that frustrates my purposes here.  It limits my choices.

I guess what I'm saying is, if there is conflict, chances are there's at least one person holding to a belief as if it were an absolute.  Where I am not noticing that, I'm looking to that other person to blame for their attack on me, so I'm holding another belief as an absolute.  Were I to look at myself, first, I'm likely to just step aside, learn what the belief is, learn how it manifests as "absolute", and let it pass.  It may or may not have an uncontrolled contact with the ground, taking the attacker with it.  It matters not.

Assertions like, "You are too self important", and "You suck!" are projections from one person onto another of their own discounting of self.  "You are making assumptions," is an assumption in and of itself.  I find these quite comical.  Indeed, I laugh myself silly at them.

On quotations, in every day usage, I try to avoid them, as they are either used because I can't say it better, or it's an argument from authority.  I make a living in the practice of law to quote from authority, either from a previous case or a statute.  It's rare that there's only one authority.  In everyday usage, it's rare so as to be impossible that there's not another authority.  Some quotes are so eloquent that I use them.  Some are so beautiful, I want to share them.  But it's not my business to pontificate and quotate to another person.  In the reverse, I swear that I'm mostly oblivious to it when someone does it to me.  I just don't care.

If someone is offended, it's their choice.  Folks may attack me, and no, they don't have the blank check to do so from me, yet it is their choice.  So, I exercise my choice to have more choices than that, and I step aside, if I can.  It's always a "removal of myself".  You can't remove another person.  It's always been simple for me, when I am noticing and not holding onto some "absolute".

Namaste'
Todd

nichi

« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2007, 08:11:59 AM »
Some are so beautiful, I want to share them. 

Yes!! Most of the quotes and poems I share I do because I'm usually dazzled or awestruck by them myself! It doesn't bear any analysis, and I never could have have captured what "they" said so well!

Great post, Todd!

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2007, 03:08:44 PM »
I like this one alot..

Leave People Alone

reading this the other day and working with this has reminded me of my position and what I need to do.  thanks for the reminder.  allready it has relieved a few stressed points in the everyday.  freeing up just that much more of personal power !!   i have been reading everything that has been written here since the beginning.  i feel like such a student!!!!!!!  it's awesome.
"O great creator of being, grant us one more hour / to perform our art and perfect our lives."    Jim Morrison

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2007, 10:11:02 PM »
i feel like such a student!!!!!!!  it's awesome.

:) :) :) Me too!
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Taimi

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2007, 11:23:07 PM »
"Leave people alone"

Sometimes i get the feeling i have left people too alone, if that's possible.

Jahn

« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2007, 03:31:04 AM »
"Leave people alone"

Sometimes i get the feeling i have left people too alone, if that's possible.

I understand what you mean, yes dreamers have that vein. I am much like that myself.

Offline elliot

• Sadhu
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2007, 03:02:14 PM »
I get caught in the trap of ignoring people. 
"O great creator of being, grant us one more hour / to perform our art and perfect our lives."    Jim Morrison

erik

« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2007, 07:00:47 PM »
For the average man, the world is weird because if he's not bored with it, he's at odds with it. For a warrior, the world is weird because it is stupendous, awesome, mysterious, unfathomable.

A warrior must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world, in this marvelous time.

erik

« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2007, 07:02:04 PM »
Impeccability begins with a single act that has to be deliberate, precise and sustained. If that act is repeated long enough, one acquires a sense of unbending intent which can be applied to anything else. If that is accomplished the road is clear. One thing will lead to another until the warrior realizes his full potential.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2007, 08:42:51 PM »
 :) :)
For the average man, the world is weird because if he's not bored with it, he's at odds with it. For a warrior, the world is weird because it is stupendous, awesome, mysterious, unfathomable.

A warrior must assume responsibility for being here, in this marvelous world, in this marvelous time.

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2007, 11:34:02 PM »
To seek freedom is the only driving force I know.
Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there.
Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame
of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the
light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it
never pretended to be more than what it is:
a mere candle.

Carlos Castaneda
The Art of Dreaming
"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

erik

« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2007, 03:14:16 AM »
A warrior must cultivate the feeling that he has everything needed for the extravagant journey that is his life. What counts for a warrior is being alive. Life in itself is sufficient, self-explanatory and complete.

Therefore, one may say without being presumptuous that the experience of experiences is being alive.

erismoksha

« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2007, 06:42:47 AM »
"My experiences with my fellow men have proven to me that very, very few of them would be willing to listen. And of those few who listen, even fewer would be willing to act on what they have listened to. And of those who are willing to act even fewer have enough personal power to profit by their acts." ~ToP

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk