Author Topic: Don Juan's quotes  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
Re: Don Juan's quotes
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2007, 04:15:53 PM »
Well said.

"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2007, 04:26:15 PM »
"Your friend is not a warrior," he said. "If he were, he would know that the worst thing one can do is to confront human beings bluntly."

"If one wants to stop our fellow men one must always be outside the circle that presses them. That way one can always direct the pressure."

"Fright never injures anyone. What injures the spirit is having someone always on your back, beating you, telling you what to do and what not to do."

Just a couple of my favs from the Intro to Journey to Ixtlan.

"Discipline is, indeed, the supreme joy of feeling reverent awe; of watching, with your mouth open, whatever is behind those secret doors."

erik

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2008, 09:11:29 PM »
"One of  the great maneuvers of stalkers is to pit the mystery  against the stupidity in each of us."

Offline Zamurito

• Pir
    • Impeccability
« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2008, 01:29:52 PM »
"A man of knowledge chooses a path with heart and follows it;
 and then he looks and rejoices and laughs; and then he sees and knows.
 He knows that his life will be over altogether too soon;
 he knows that he, as well as everybody else, is not going anywhere;
 he knows, because he sees, that nothing is more important than anything else."
~ A Separate Reality, Carlos Castaneda ~

tangerine dream

« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2008, 02:21:18 PM »
My favourite of all time (helps me to remember not to over explain myself ::))

A sorcerer knows that in every explanation is a hidden apology, so while you are explainining why you failed to do some thing you are really apologising for your shortcomings....

don Juan M

No need for warriors to apologise.
Just do it and know it!

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #125 on: February 29, 2008, 06:46:36 PM »

Amen!, Sister   ........................

Amen!
t2f

erik

« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2008, 12:53:59 AM »
The spirit listens only when the speaker speaks in gestures.  And gestures do not mean signs or body movements, but acts of true abandon, acts of largesse, of humor.  As a gesture to the spirit, warriors bring out the best of themselves and silently offer it to the abstract
Love Love x 1 View List

erik

« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2008, 12:57:20 AM »
One must have something to die for, in order to have something to live for.

erik

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2008, 08:45:39 PM »
We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same.

erik

« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2008, 09:01:19 PM »
A rule of thumb for a warrior is that he makes his decisions so carefully that nothing that may happen as a result of them can surprise him, much less drain his power.

A warrior acts as if he knows what he is doing, when in effect he knows nothing.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2008, 09:01:40 PM »
 ;D ;)
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

erik

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2008, 09:33:48 PM »
It is much easier for warriors to fare well under conditions of maximum stress than to be impeccable under normal circumstances.

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2008, 12:48:03 AM »
The spirit listens only when the speaker speaks in gestures.  And gestures do not mean signs or body movements, but acts of true abandon, acts of largesse, of humor.  As a gesture to the spirit, warriors bring out the best of themselves and silently offer it to the abstract

That is a good one:
The spirit listens only when the speaker speaks in gestures.
Thus we have to turn our thoughts into real gestures, else they are like seeds on barren land.

just so, we must act in order to know - it is no use reading, we must find a way to apply and act on that - only in the action... no, more, in the way we act - the finesse, the flair, the humour and sincerity of our act. only then will we hear the tinkle tones of something in the ether, the mist, laughing and calling to us.

erik

« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2008, 10:46:14 PM »
"We will never be together again," he said softly. "You don't need my help anymore; and I don't want to offer it to you, because if you are worth your salt as a warrior-traveler, you'll spit in my eye for offering it to you. Beyond a certain point, the only joy of a warrior-traveler is his aloneness. I wouldn't like you to try to help me, either. Once I leave, I am gone. Don't think about me, for I won't think about you. If you are a worthy warrior-traveler, be impeccable! Take care of your world. Honor it; guard it with your life!"
   He moved away from me. The moment was beyond self-pity or tears or happiness. He shook his head as if to say good-bye, or as if he were acknowledging what I felt.
   "Forget the self and you will fear nothing, in whatever level of awareness you find yourself to be," he said.
   He had an outburst of levity. He teased me for the last time on this Earth.
   "I hope you find love!" he said.
   He raised his palm toward me and stretched his fingers like a child, then contracted them against the palm.
   "Ciao," he said.

Jahn

« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2008, 03:49:23 AM »

Not hunter anymore but: warrior -traveler,
or Wayfarer as I know it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk