Author Topic: Don Juan's quotes  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
Re: Don Juan's quotes
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2006, 11:33:28 PM »
That dog's barking is the nocturnal voice of a man. It comes from a house in that valley towards the south.  The man is shouting through his dog, since they are companion slaves for life, his sadness, his boredom.   He's begging his death to come and release him from the dull and dreary chains of his life. That barking, and the loneliness it creates, speaks of the feelings of men. Men for whom an entire life was like one Sunday afternoon, an afternoon which was not altogether miserable, but rather hot and dull and uncomfortable. They sweated and fussed a great deal. They didn't know where to go, or what to do. That afternoon left them only with the memory of petty annoyances and tedium, and then suddenly it was over; it was already night.

Oh so true! so sadly true.
but have any of us escaped this fate? is that possible? with all our achievements? is this still not the case?

when i look down on life from the dreamer, one channel shows "memory of petty annoyances and tedium" .. what i called the fret of life ..

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2006, 05:42:24 AM »
“You must lose your human form. . . A warrior must drop the human form in order to change, to really change. Otherwise there is only talk about change. One cannot change one iota as long as one holds on to the human form. . . Warriors, must be IMPECCABLE in their effort to change, in order to scare the human form and shake it away. After years of impeccability a moment will come when the form cannot stand it any longer and it leaves.”  don Juan talking to Carlos

Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

wintersong

« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2007, 10:04:07 AM »
Syntax
A man staring at his equations
said that the universe had a beginning.
There had been an explosion, he said.
A bang of bangs, and the universe was born.
And it is expanding, he said.
He had even calculated the length of its life:
ten billion revolutions of the earth around the sun.
The entire globe cheered;
They found his calculations to be science.
None thought that by proposing that the universe began,
the man had merely mirrored the syntax of his mother tongue;
a syntax which demands beginnings, like birth,
and developments, like maturation,
and ends, like death, as statements of facts.
The universe began,
and it is getting old, the man assured us,
and it will die, like all things die,
like he himself died after confirming mathematically
the syntax of his mother tongue.

The Other Syntax

Did the universe really begin?
Is the theory of the big bang true?
These are not questions, though they sound like they are.
Is the syntax that requires beginnings, developments
and ends as statements of fact the only syntax that exists?
That's the real question.
There are other syntaxes.
There is one, for example, which demands that varieties
of intensity be taken as facts.
In that syntax nothing begins and nothing ends;
thus birth is not a clean, clear-cut event,
but a specific type of intensity,
and so is maturation, and so is death.
A man of that syntax, looking over his equations, finds that
he has calculated enough varieties of intensity
to say with authority
that the universe never began
and will never end,
but that it has gone, and is going now, and will go
through endless fluctuations of intensity.
That man could very well conclude that the universe itself
is the chariot of intensity
and that one can board it
to journey through changes without end.
He will conclude all that, and much more,
perhaps without ever realizing
that he is merely confirming
the syntax of his mother tongue.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2007, 10:17:40 AM »
nice numbers (and content) for an 11th post..   (my time, anyway   :) )
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2007, 10:32:16 AM »
This human begins to lose his form by listening to and obeying his body.  I remind myself more and more to not "think so much" about what I am doing or partaking.

I listen, taste and smell a situation by pausing and basically rising above the sounds, sights and prevailing mental reactions.  I listen for something I cannot here, almost as in a meditative pause. 

It's almost thrilling now when I find myself unconsciously reminding myself to do it through habit. 
t2f

wintersong

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2007, 04:37:43 AM »
"we have intended since birth"

“A warrior considers himself already dead, so there is nothing to lose. The worst has already happened to him, therefore he’s clear and calm; judging him by his acts or by his words, one would never suspect that he has witnessed everything."

wintersong

we teach what we know
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2007, 06:56:39 AM »
Any movement of the assemblage point means a movement away from an excessive concern with the individual self. Shamans believe it is the position of the assemblage point which makes modern man a homicidal egotist, a being totally involved with his self-image. Having ever lost hope of ever returning to the source of everything, the average man seeks solace in his selfishness.

-CC
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:03:27 AM by wintersong »

erik

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2007, 07:13:28 AM »
“A warrior considers himself already dead, so there is nothing to lose. The worst has already happened to him, therefore he’s clear and calm; judging him by his acts or by his words, one would never suspect that he has witnessed everything."

How easy it is to say it and how hard it is to die step-by-step, day-by-day, one aspect at a time.
Let go of everything, each thing departing with a piece of 'me'.
Until one moment one discovers that where there used to be something - there is emptiness.
And it grows.

wintersong

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2007, 07:25:26 AM »
and how hard it is to die step-by-step, day-by-day, one aspect at a time.
there is emptiness.
And it grows.

Having ever lost hope of ever returning to the source of everything, the average man seeks solace in his selfishness.

There’s no emptiness in the life of a warrior. Everything is filled to the brim. Everything is filled to the brim, and everything is equal.

yay!

wintersong

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2007, 07:30:01 AM »
Words.
What's on the other side of the death?

the Nagual

erik

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2007, 07:31:18 AM »
Are you there?

wintersong

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2007, 08:00:09 AM »

One of the greatest forces in the lives of warriors is fear, it spurs them to learn.

Learning is never what one expects.

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life- detachment.

erik

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2007, 08:02:00 AM »
Wintersong, are you on the other side of the death?
In the Nagual?

erik

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2007, 08:07:45 AM »
Don't even try to play these games here.
After my post I saw how little that one applies to you:

People's actions no longer affect a warrior when he has no more expectations of any kind. A strange peace becomes the ruling force in his life. He has adopted one of the concepts of a warrior's life- detachment.

With all due respect - come clean and be what you are.
Don't come here to play games.

nichi

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2007, 08:19:17 AM »
Like any body of work, from the Bible to the Koran to the works of Edgar Cayce, "Don Juan's Quotes" can be used out of context, to say in coded language that which we don't really want to say.

You see the trend a lot in Christian fundamentalist/fundie forums, where the recriminations of the biblical scriptures are usually used to validate some judgement or another: and usually, the message is "You suck!"  :P

I'm sure "You suck" has its place somewhere in the machinations between humans, but I wonder if it's what we want here?

Is it?

I see this place more about exploration, journeying, practicing, dreaming and sharing, but maybe I've over-ideallized it?

Just my 2 cents --- please advise me differently if I'm all washed up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk