Author Topic: I'll be watching you...  (Read 606 times)

Taimi

I'll be watching you...
« on: August 03, 2006, 05:21:09 PM »

Taimi

Re: I'll be watching you...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 05:21:55 PM »

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 06:19:06 PM »
These are beautiful t.
I have promised myself a digital camera for my birthday!!  ;D
When i was little my dad used to love taking photos and so did I then. We used to develop and print them ourselves - in black and white then, not colour. But I haven't done much photography since.
A friend of mine was telling me that i should find some to do that interests me and is "non-esoteric".. she has taken up silver-smithing. I couldn't really think of anything to 'do', but the thought of getting a cam and taking pics has a lovely exciting feel to it.
Its my birthday in about 7 weeks.. so will start looking at different cams.   ;D
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Taimi

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 06:29:03 PM »
I bought mine just about few months ago. I have discovered often after taking the photo when i look at it at home that there are faces, eyes, figures and such.

I'm looking forward to your photos  :)

Jahn

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 01:42:51 AM »
Its my birthday in about 7 weeks.. so will start looking at different cams.   ;D

I got my new camera as a birthday present too last autumn. In the form of a gift voucher so I could choose myself. The one I got can almost do everything what a system camera can do including long exposures. It is a Sony with Zeiss optics and it is a lot to learn but one can use it as a tourist too.

What you probably need Daphne if you get a Digital camera is Optic Zoom (about 3 times), 5 Mega pixels is enough for most of us but please check how fast the camera snaps the shot. Cheaper cameras have a tendency to get "locked" in the shooting moment and that is quite embarrasing.

SoulFire

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 01:44:48 AM »
What you probably need Daphne if you get a Digital camera is Optic Zoom (about 3 times), 5 Mega pixels is enough for most of us but please check how fast the camera snaps the shot. Cheaper cameras have a tendency to get "locked" in the shooting moment and that is quite embarrasing.

that's what i need to look for. Planning to upgrade. 8)
it really bothers me when I see a perfect pic that I can't get close enuff to capture it.
grrr

Jahn

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 01:46:46 AM »

Yes the close focus is essential. I was very curious the first days so I took a lot of pictures on flowers. This was among in the first serie:

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 04:53:53 AM »
Thanks Jahn! I will keep all that info in mind when I get my digital cam!
The idea is becomming more and more exciting!

This morning I was out in the garden at work and zoomed down into the layers of mulch on the ground and around and then zoomed out again into the skies. It was quite awesome! I examined it all as if I was a camera taking pics. Its amazong what is around us. I was looking at one tree in particular, and there was so much to see on its bark.
I like flowers!
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

SoulFire

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 08:26:20 AM »
I take pics of bark sometimes.
It's cool what you can see in the bark of a tree if you take the time to look eh?
Sometimes pictures or faces or numbers and words.
Amazing world we live in isn't it?
 :-*

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 12:26:13 PM »
I bought mine a few years ago - 3x optic zoom and 5 meg px, but talking to someone recently, for similar price today, you can get up to 10x optic zoom - that is essential for people pics. while travelling i found 3x optic zoom was not enough.

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 01:34:20 PM »
This must be the right topic for these Pics.

Every breath you take...Every move you make...
Every vow you break....Every smile you fake...
Every claim you stake...Every step you take...

I'll be watching you...

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 03:29:47 PM »
that's great tio

Taimi

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 03:56:04 PM »
cool eyes. do you have more?

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 12:17:05 PM »
The snake,kookaburra and flower were around the house...
the tiger I worked with for 12 months,so I got plenty of good
photo ops...she's  a 5 year old female Bengal....called Dutchess
A real cool cat!.....

Taimi

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 02:49:08 PM »
I'm jelaous about the snake  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk