Author Topic: The Real Thing  (Read 276 times)

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
The Real Thing
« on: August 07, 2006, 03:56:37 PM »
While trying to find some info on Maori Culture I found this
interesting image and advertising propaganda.Check out the
uncle sams on top of the totem poles(looks like their taking
a pee)Maybe I'm just seeing things...maybe Maoris did wear top
hats...then out of the blue I found the Indian news story...
Hope it's OK to present this type of mundane stuff on the forum...tio

Text of Coke Ad, 1944 Have a "Coke" 

Kia Ora (Good Luck)...or sealing friendships in New Zealand.
Kia Ora, says the New Zealander when he wants to give you his best wishes. It's
a down-under way of telling you that you're a pal and that your welfare is a
matter of mutual interest. The American soldier says it another way. Have a
"Coke",says he,and in three words he has made a friend. It's a custom that has
followed the flag from the tropics to the polar regions. It's a phrase that says
Welcome, neighbor from Auckland to Albuquerque, from New Zealand to New Mexico.
'Round the globe, Coca-Cola stands for the pause that refreshes, it has become
the high-sign between friendly-minded people.
In news stories, books and magazines, you read how much our fighting men cherish
Coca-Cola whenever they get it. Yes, more than just a delicious and refreshing
drink, "Coke" reminds them of happy times at home. Luckily, they find
Coca-Cola bottled on the spot in over 35 allied and neutral countries around
the globe.
"Coke" = Coca-Cola
It's natural for popular names to acquire friendly abbreviations. That's why you
hear Coca-Cola called "Coke".

[From Life Magazine, 13 March 1944, back cover.]

How times have changed

NEW DELHI. August 5, 2006. KAZINFORM - Rajasthan yesterday banned the sale of soft drinks as the country’s highest court told the US beverage giants Pepsico and Coca-Cola to reveal the ingredients of their products.
Manufacturers are required to print ‘not only dangerous for human consumption, but also the quantity of the residues, if any,on each label,said spokesman K.On Thursday, hundreds of Youth Congress activists attacked a bottling plant of Pepsi Co. in Urla, on the outskirts of Raipur, ransacking the plant and crushing thousands of Pepsi bottles. Though the police have registered offenses against Congress members, the party said it will continue its campaign against soft drink companies.
The court reacted to a public lawsuit which argued products sold by both the firms were deeply laced with harmful chemicals such as phosphoric acid, caffeine and aspartame.

nichi

Re: The Real Thing
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 02:25:56 AM »
They sure are right to make these demands of the soda companies! The aspartame alone has been a debilitating factor here in the us ...
I was smirking when reading the older ad, "Have a coke", wondering if in 1944 it still contained cocaine. (Yeah man!)

And by the way ... much isn't made of this yet, but phenylalaline is an amino acid which works as an antidepressant. I used to use it 'straight up' back when I was anorexic and could tell you the ingredients of everything -- it does work as an antidepressant. For some years, coke and pepsi used to call it 'phenylalaline' on their packaging -- now I notice it says "Phenylkuretics", or something similar. So, heheh,they still want us to feel good!

The phenylalaline is in burger king whoppers too --- heaven knows where else.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 02:34:06 AM by Nichi »

nichi

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 03:53:01 AM »
Something I received in my email a while back. I don't know if they are still working on a class-action suit, but now one is seeing less aspartame on the shelves and more Splenda. I don't know what Splenda has in store for us, but surely its side-effects will come to light soon enough.

Aspartame Lawsuits Filed Against Some of the World's Largest Companies
For Poisoning Consumers

Leading Fortune 500 Companies, Coke, Pepsi, Walmart, Kraft General Foods,
etc. filed against for knowingly poisoning the public with aspartame.

SACRAMENTO, CA (PRWEB) April 11, 2004--ASPARTAME LAWSUITS ACCUSE MANY COMPANIES OF POISONING THE PUBLIC. Defendants in the lawsuits include Coca-cola, PepsiCo, Bayer Corp., the Dannon Company, William Wrigley Jr. Company, Walmart, ConAgra Foods, Wyeth, Inc., The NutraSweet Company, and Altria Corp. (parent company of Kraft Foods and Philip Morris).
Lawsuits were filed in three separate California courts against twelve companies who either produce or use the artificial sweetener aspartame as a sugar substitute in their products. The suits were filed in Shasta, Sonoma and Butte County, California.
The suits allege that the food companies committed fraud and breach of warranty by marketing products to the public such as diet Coke, diet Pepsi, sugar free gum, Flintstone's vitamins, yogurt and children's aspirin with the full knowledge that aspartame, the sweetener in them, is neurotoxic.

Aspartame is a drug masquerading as an additive. It interacts with other drugs, has a synergistic and additive effect with MSG, and is a chemical hyper-sensitization agent. As far back as 1970, Dr. John Olney founded the field of neuroscience called excitotoxicity when he did studies on aspartic acid, which makes up 40% of aspartame, and found it caused lesions in the brains of mice. He made world news on the aspartame/brain tumor connection in l996. Dr. Ralph Walton, Professor and Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine has written of the behavioral and psychiatric problems triggered by aspartame-caused depletion of serotonin.

Aspartame causes headache, memory loss, seizures, vision loss, coma and cancer. It worsens or mimics the symptoms of such diseases and conditions as fibromyalgia, MS, lupus, ADD, diabetes, Alzheimer's, chronic fatigue and depression. Aspartame liberates free methyl alcohol. The resulting chronic methanol poisoning affects the dopamine system of the brain causing addiction. Methanol, or wood alcohol, constitutes one-third of the aspartame molecule and is classified as a severe metabolic poison and narcotic.

Recent news is full of reports of world-class athletes and other healthy consumers of aspartame suddenly dropping dead. Sudden death can occur from aspartame use because it damages the cardiac conduction system Dr. Woodrow Monte in the peer reviewed journal, Aspartame: Methanol and the Public Health, wrote: "When diet sodas and soft drinks, sweetened with aspartame, are used to replace fluid loss during exercise and physical exertion in hot climates, the intake of methanol can exceed 250 mg/day or 32 times the Environmental Protection Agency's recommended limit of consumption for this cumulative poison."

The effects of aspartame are documented by the FDA's own data. In 1995 the agency was forced, under the Freedom Of Information Act, to release a list of ninety-two aspartame symptoms reported by thousands of victims. This is only the tip of the iceberg. H. J. Roberts, MD, published the medical text "Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic" -- 1,000 pages of symptoms and diseases triggered by this neurotoxin including the sordid history of its approval.

Since its discovery in 1965, controversy has raged over the health risks associated with the sugar substitute. From laboratory testing of the chemical on rats, researchers have discovered that the drug induces brain tumors. On September 30, l980 the Board of Inquiry of the FDA concurred and denied the petition for approval. In l981, the newly appointed FDA Commissioner, Arthur Hull Hayes, ignored the negative ruling and approved aspartame for dry goods. As recorded in the Congressional Record of 1985, then CEO of Searle Laboratories Donald Rumsfeld said that he would call in his markers to get aspartame approved. Rumsfeld was on President Reagan's transition team and a day after taking office appointed Hayes. No FDA Commissioner in the previous sixteen years had allowed Aspartame on the
market.

In 1983, aspartame was approved for use in carbonated beverages. Today it is found in over 5000 foods, drinks and medicines. Neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, MD, author of "Excitotoxins: The Taste that Kills"  (<http://www.russellblaylockmd.com>http://www.russellblaylockmd.com)
wrote about the relationship between aspartame and macular degeneration, diabetic blindness and glaucoma (all known to result from excitotoxin accumulation in the retina).  All of these neurodegenerative diseases are worsened by aspartame. In
addition, we now have evidence that excitotoxins play a major role in exacerbation of MS and other demyelinating disorders including trigeminal neuralgia. Blaylock says that new studies show excitotoxins trigger significant elevation of free radicals in the lining (endothelial cells) of arteries, which means that aspartame will increase the
incidence of heart attacks and strokes (atherosclerosis).

In original studies, aspartame has triggered brain, mammary, uterine, ovarian, testicular, thyroid and pancreatic tumors. Plaintiffs have asked for an injunction to stop companies from producing, manufacturing, processing, selling or using aspartame. Plaintiffs in all three cases are seeking a jury trial.

If you would like to schedule someone from the National Justice League for an interview, please call or fax us at 208-246-1171.
Roberta Bellon, Public Relations
NATIONAL JUSTICE LEAGUE
http://www.nationaljusticeleague.com/>http://www.nationaljusticeleague.com
2205 Hilltop Dr. Ste. 2022
Redding, Ca 96002
Phone: 208-246-1171
California: 530-248-3483
Cell Phone: 208-890-0034
E-mail:<mailto:info@nationaljusticeleague.com>
info@nationaljusticeleague.com
FOR INFORMATION ON ASPARTAME:
http://www.dorway.com
http://www.wnho.net
You can also contact Dr. Betty Martini, Founder, Mission Possible Intl,
9270 River Club

SoulFire

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 03:58:53 AM »
and i just had diet pepsi for breakfast

i know i gotta quit...
but i LOOOOOOVE it so much
 :(

nichi

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 04:07:18 AM »
I think pepsi and coke both switched to splenda.... Though I haven't taken a magnifying glass out recently to see.

SoulFire

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 05:01:31 AM »
nope
at least here in canada (er BC)
Coke Zero has Splenda

but diet coke and pepsi still have aspartame

still, about Splenda...
how do we know its any less dangerous than aspartame?
Cuz they said so?
heh
yeah
ok
 ::)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 06:03:26 AM by SoulFire »

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 01:13:27 AM »
What the ?

Aspartame - The World’s Best Ant Poison

contributed by Jan Jensen of WELLthy Choices

We live in the woods and carpenter ants are a huge problem. We have spent thousands of dollars with Orkin and on ant poisons trying to keep them under control but nothing has helped.

So when I read somewhere that aspartame (Nutrasweet) was actually developed as an ant poison and only changed to being considered non-poisonous after it was realized that a lot more money could be made on it as a sweetener than as an ant poison, I decided to give it a try.

I opened two packets of aspartame sweetener, and dumped one in a corner of each of our bathrooms. That was about 2 years ago and I have not seen any carpenter ants for about 9 to 12 months. It works better than the most deadly poisons I have tried. Any time they show up again, I simply dump another package of Nutrasweet in a corner, and they will be gone for a year or so again.

Since posting this information I have had many people tell me of their success solving ant problems with this substance, when nothing else worked.

We found later that small black ants would not eat the aspartame. It was determined that if you mixed it with apple juice, they would quickly take it back to the nest, and all would be dead within 24 hours, usually. I have found that sometimes it will kill them, and sometimes it does not. Not sure why, may be slightly different species of ants or something.

Fire Ants: We got our first fire ant hill about 2 weeks ago. Poison did not work. We tried aspartame and the ants ignored it until we got a light rain. It was just a sprinkle, enough to moisten the Nutrasweet and ground, but not enough to wash it away. They went crazy, hundreds of them grabbing it and taking it back into the mound. When I checked the mound 2 days later, there was no sign of the fire ants. I even dug the mound up some, and still saw none of them.

How does it Work: Aspartame is a neuropoison. It most likely kills the ants by interfering with their nervous system. It could be direct, like stopping their heart, or something more subtle like killing their sense of taste so they can’t figure out what is eatable, or smell, so they can’t follow their trails, or mis-identify their colonies members, so they start fighting each other. Not sure what causes them to end up dying, just know that for many species of ants it will kill them quickly and effectively.

As with any poison I recommend wearing gloves and washing any skin areas that come in contact with this poison, and avoid getting it in your mouth, despite anything the labeling may indicate.

I suspect it will work for other insects such as yellow jackets as well, but have not tested that yet.

More information on this fantastic poison can be found at: www.dorway.com

nichi

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 02:16:38 AM »
omg!

somnium

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 04:55:05 AM »
Stevia fights cavities, lowers blood sugar, is way sweeter than sugar, and needs no refining, and yet some company still paid the FDA loads to say it is a poison, and have it banned.

hA, I suppose, sometimes, money makes the world, go round.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 04:56:49 AM by somnium »

Offline Josh

• Yogi
  • go flower yourself
    • Invisible Acropolis
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 08:04:49 AM »
This is only one of many "scandals" or "conspiracies" perpetrated by the USA. 

Supposedly aspartame is a neurotoxin which overloads and destroys neural transmitters, even in humans.

Background

In December, 1965 Searle chemist James Schlatter discovered aspartame while working on an ulcer drug. The substance, comprised of 50 percent synthetic phenylalanine, 40 percent synthetic aspartic acid and 10 percent methanol, was about 200 times sweeter than sugar by weight and had no calories. By spring, 1967, Searle began conducting safety trials in preparation for petitioning the FDA for product approval.

Soon after the trials began, lab animals (monkeys and mice) began experiencing adverse effects ranging from brain lesions and tumors to seizures and death. Yet Searle petitioned the FDA for aspartame approval in February, 1973. According to Turner, Searle provided the FDA with over 100 studies claiming they proved aspartame was "safe." Independent analyses of these studies, however, proves conclusively that aspartame is actually a dangerous, neurotoxic, carcinogenic and highly-addictive drug.

Trusting Searle,s promise that aspartame was safe, the FDA approved the limited use of aspartame in dry goods on July 26, 1974. Turner and Dr. Olney formally objected to the approval. Their petition triggered an FDA investigation of Searle,s lab practices which proved that Searle had provided the FDA with inaccurate conclusions resulting from manipulated data derived from poorly-designed studies. The FDA reversed its decision to approve aspartame in dry goods.

On January 10, 1977, the FDA formally requested that the U.S. Department of Justice convene a federal grand jury to determine if Searle should be criminally indicted for "concealing material facts and making false statements" with regard to its petition for aspartame approval.

Among the many charges FDA investigators made about Searle,s shoddy lab practices was how rats that developed tumors would undergo surgical removal of the tumors and then be placed back into the study as if nothing had happened to them.

The grand jury investigation was led by U.S. Attorney Samuel Skinner. In July 1, 1977, while the investigation was being conducted, Skinner left the Justice Department and took a job with Sidley & Austin-the law firm representing Searle. The statute of limitations eventually ran out and the grand jury disbanded without reaching any conclusions regarding Searle and its lab practices.

Amid this controversy, Rumsfeld was hired as Searle CEO on March 8, 1977 and immediately began cleaning house. Rumsfeld, who had no previous business executive experience before becoming CEO of Searle, reorganized several departments in the company and fired many of its high-level managers, replacing them with other politically-connected Washington, D.C., insiders.

Though the controversies deepened and the evidence proving the poisonous nature of his company,s product continued to accumulate, Rumsfeld and his team continued to push for FDA approval of aspartame.

A team of FDA investigators headed by Jerome Bressler attempted to block Rumsfeld, et. al, by publishing what has become known as the "Bressler Report" on August 1, 1977. The report cited several instances where Searle intentionally mislead the FDA in its petition for marketplace approval of aspartame. The FDA then formed a public board of inquiry (PBOI) in 1979 to rule on the myriad safety issues surrounding aspartame.

By this time, FDA investigators and independent scientists had exhaustively reviewed the Searle studies and additional studies had been conducted. There was no doubt, based upon objective analyses of evidence that had accumulated for over a decade, that aspartame was deathly poisonous to lab animals and caused a statistically significant number of them to develop tumors.

On September 30, 1980, the PBOI concluded that aspartame should not be approved pending further investigation of its link to the formation of brain tumors and that the FDA "has not been presented with proof of reasonable certainty that aspartame is safe for use as a food additive."

The coup

Ronald Reagan was sworn in as president January 21, 1981. Rumsfeld, while still CEO at Searle, was part of Reagan,s transition team. This team hand-picked Dr. Arthur Hull Hayes, Jr., to be the new FDA commissioner. Dr. Hayes, a pharmacologist, had no previous experience with food additives before being appointed director of the FDA. He, like Rumsfeld, did, however, have experience with chemical warfare studies while connected to the Department of Defense. According to The Washington Post, Hayes was, "one of a number of doctors who conducted drugs tests for the Army on volunteers.to determine the effect of a mind-disorienting drug called CAR 301,060," at Fort Detrick, Maryland.

The Post further explained why Hayes was the perfect choice to politically force the approval of aspartame: "According to a declassified 1976 report prepared by the Army Inspector General, Hayes had planned a research study to develop the mind-altering CAR 301,060 as a crowd control agent."

The report, detailing Hayes activities beginning in 1972, further indicated that Hayes was involved in similar biochemical mind control research studies until being named FDA director.

One of Hayes, first official acts as FDA chief was to approve the use of aspartame as an artificial sweetener in dry goods July 18, 1981. In order to accomplish this feat, Hayes had to overlook the scuttled grand jury investigation of Searle, overcome the Bressler Report, ignore the PBOI,s recommendations and pretend aspartame did not chronically sicken and kill thousands of lab animals. Hayes, left his post at the FDA in November, 1983, amid accusations that he was accepting corporate gifts for political favors. Just before leaving office in scandal, Hayes approved the use of aspartame in beverages. According to The Post, Hayes, next job was in the private sector where he served as a high-paid senior medical advisor for Searle,s public relations firm.

http://freedom4um.com/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=10481
Other is.  Self must struggle to exist.

- Brian George

SoulFire

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 09:08:06 AM »
Stevia fights cavities, lowers blood sugar, is way sweeter than sugar, and needs no refining, and yet some company still paid the FDA loads to say it is a poison, and have it banned.

hA, I suppose, sometimes, money makes the world, go round.

and...
the best part about it is
that you can grow stevia right in your own backyard.
How much better could it get?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 10:48:01 AM by lori-ann »

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 10:37:58 AM »
I read the article Joshua... good info....I"m sure it's
just one of many chemicals introduced into the
foodchain to keep all the dependent industries that
need us to be ill,so they can make us well (for a Price)
making a profit....

Here is an extract from the bush and blair exchange at
the recent G8 summit....I wonder how much he drinks ?

At this point, the president seems to bring someone else into the conversation.

Bush : It takes him eight hours to fly home.

He turns his attention to a server.

Bush : No, Diet Coke, Diet Coke.

He turns back to whomever he was talking with.

Bush : It takes him eight hours to fly home. Eight hours. Russia's big and so is China.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair approaches.

Bush : Blair, what are you doing? You leaving?

Blair : No, no, no, not yet.

nichi

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 10:45:52 AM »
So that's the problem --- he drinks the diet coke!!

Offline TIOTIT

• Yogi
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2006, 04:12:37 PM »
This is the last article I'll post on this topic....

Pesticides in sodas rekindle Indian ire
                        Coke and Pepsi face bans and government takes heat
                        following a study last week.
                        By Scott Baldauf | Staff writer of The Christian Science
                        Monitor

NEW DELHI – After investing more than $1 billion in
                        India over the past decade, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have
                        found themselves once again in the center of a debate
                        over pesticide residues in their products and corporate
                        responsibility to protect customers.
                        Surveying Coke and Pepsi products from around the
                        country, the Center for Science and Environment found
                        pesticide residues in the products of the two soda
                        giants - which together dominate more than 90 percent of
                        the growing Indian soda market. The report, coming three
                        years after CSE's first study found pesticide traces,
                        shines light on India's weak food-safety laws, and
                        threatens the profitability of two of India's biggest
                        foreign investors.

"This is not a battle for Coke and Pepsi," says Sunita
                        Narain, director of the CSE in New Delhi. "This is a
                        battle for a gutsy regulator. If the government is
                        dealing with a large, powerful company that can get away
                        with murder, it does not build confidence that it will
                        deal with the other areas of food safety."
                        The debate over Coke and Pepsi in India is a story of a
                        long love-hate relationship. Loved by the newly
                        prosperous Indian middle class as a hip Western
                        accessory, and distrusted by religious conservatives and
                        old-style leftists as symbols of Western domination in a
                        globalized world, Coke and Pepsi have a way of inflaming
                        passions. For environmentalists, Coke and Pepsi are
                        useful tools to prod the Indian government into more
                        rigorous food-safety regulation in a country where water
                        contamination and increased pesticide use are growing
                        matters of concern.
                        "Big companies make big news. Big companies of mighty
                        nations make bigger news. I personally do not think that
                        this reflects anti-Americanism of the middle class,"
                        says Rajeev Bhargava, a political science professor at
                        Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi. "The Indian
                        middle class ... panics very easily when it comes to
                        matters related to health."
                        In a country that has long debated the wisdom of
                        drinking cold drinks in the summer - traditionalists say
                        that hot drinks are more cooling, since they cause one
                        to perspire - a report showing the existence of
                        pesticides at high levels was almost certain to cause
                        revulsion.
                        In 57 samples of Coca-Cola and PepsiCo drinks produced
                        in 12 Indian states, the CSE found the average amount of
                        pesticide residues to be 11.85 parts per billion (ppb),
                        34 times higher than the permitted limit set by the
                        Bureau of Indian Standards. These standards by the BIS
                        have been drafted but not implemented.
                        Already, Coke and Pepsi are feeling the heat. Three
                        years after a similar report by CSE found pesticide
                        residues up to 24 times the acceptable standards found
                        in the West, the two soda giants have lost customers.
                        Coke, which claimed in 2005 to have some 60.9 percent of
                        the market share, reported a 10 percent drop in unit
                        case volumes sold in the first quarter of this year.
                        Pepsi, which has a 36 percent market share, seems to be
                        weathering the storm better, because of its
                        concentration in the fruit juice and sports drink
                        markets.
                        Coke and Pepsi are not the only contaminated food
                        products, however. A previous study by CSE found
                        pesticide residues in many bottled water brands sold in
                        India, and a committee set up by the Indian Ministry of
                        Agriculture also found pesticide residues such as DDT
                        (dichloro diphenyl trichloroethane), HCH
                        (hexachlorocyclohexane) and BHC (benzene hexachloride)
                        in everything from milk and baby milk powder to honey,
                        fruit jam, and fresh fruit.
                        The problem has as much to do with agricultural
                        practices encouraged by the Indian government - a focus
                        on boosting yields with pesticides and chemicals - as it
                        does with growing demand for water. Across much of
                        India, tube wells have lowered the water table, leaving
                        those pesticides that have trickled into the groundwater
                        at ever-increasing concentrations.
                        "It is suspected that most of our water bodies and soils
                        are contaminated with these chemicals or with their
                        degradation products," wrote the All India Coordinated
                        Research Project on Pesticide Residues in their 2000
                        report. More than 60,000 tons of pesticides are used in
                        India, recent studies show - 70 percent of them
                        insecticides including DDT, a substance that spawned the
                        modern US environmental movement because of its links to
                        cancer and birth defects.
                        With protesters defacing Coke and Pepsi signs in Mumbai
                        (formerly Bombay), burning Coke cans in Calcutta, and
                        even force-feeding the sodas to donkeys and camels -
                        presumably a sign that the drinks are only fit for
                        animals - the industry has responded with a media blitz
                        saying their products are safe.
                        "The soft drinks manufactured in India comply with
                        stringent international norms and all applicable
                        national regulations," says the Indian Soft Drink
                        Manufacturers Association. The industry body pledged to
                        abide by new standards that have been drafted, but not
                        "notified" - that is, not enforceable - by the Bureau of
                        Indian Standards.
                        "Ultimately, the onus is on manufacturers to clean up
                        the pesticide residues which are coming in the
                        agricultural products and the water supply," says Deepak
                        Jolly, a senior spokesman for the Indian affiliate of
                        Coca-Cola. "We say, let the government come up with
                        notified standards [of pesticide residues]. There are no
                        notified standards now. But we are confident that we
                        will not only meet them, but we will exceed them [in
                        promoting safety]."
                        In the meantime, some of the market is already shifting
                        away. Government canteens and schools have already
                        banned Coke and Pepsi in the states of Gujarat, Madhya
                        Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Punjab. Karnataka imposed a
                        partial ban, and Kerala has completely embargoed the
                        sale and manufacture of the drinks.
                        Rajeev Bhargava, the political scientist says that Coke
                        and Pepsi have a much tougher battle than cleaning up
                        the pesticide residues. They must reverse a perception
                        that these cola superpowers are more interested in
                        profits than in customer safety.
                        "A lot of people would say, 'Would they dare market a
                        product with such high levels of pesticides in foreign
                        countries?' And the answer is clearly, no," says Mr.
                        Bhargava. "My guess is that public memory is short and
                        colas will be back, but they must bring their Indian
                        house in order."

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 09:38:01 PM »
yes, that's all well and good.

but what I'd like to know Lori is why anyone would drink any kind of Coke, and for breakfast! OMG.

what about a nice cup of tea, and a little muesli?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk