Author Topic: Mountains again  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
Re: Mountains again
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 01:35:17 AM »
:D :D There really is nothing quite like returning to society after a long retreat..toilets and all...Ive always found it rather humbling and a bit amusing.

Welcome home!!
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

nichi

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 01:44:54 AM »
Hooray, T! We missed you. Welcome back.

Offline daphne

• Rishi
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 02:41:44 AM »

Nice to be home and piss in the toilet bowl  ;D

Looking forward to seeing your pics!

Yes, nothing quite like a flushing toilet AND hot water!!

Welcome back, t!   :)
"The compulsion to possess and hold on to things is not unique. Everyone who wants to follow the warrior's path has to rid himself of this fixation in order not to focus our dreaming body on the weak face of the second attention." - The Eagle's Gift

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 08:40:18 AM »
at last, the hero returns...

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 04:29:46 PM »
right, the hero...  ;D

this year at Elbrus was much more interesting because of the different weathers. for an example we got a really cool snow storm at 4200. the tent was almost about to fly away and we were inside a thunder cloud. the lightning was too light to watch even with closed eyes. and the thunder...  8) . electricity was even in the tent, someone said his hair on the arm got up, when he pulled his arm out of the sleeping bag..

I wanted to save strenght for the other trip so i didn't push myself too much. i only ascended to about 4700 m.

Climbing Lenin was quite hard, the distances were long. and with a big rucksack all the time of course. from base camp (3600 m) to the first camp (4200 m) about 10 hours walk. then back down to rest. then again to the first camp. then to the second camp (5300) also about 10 hours and then after two nights there we should have gone to the third camp (6100 m), but the weather was bad and most of us came down. that was a mistake because we didn't get the acclimation we needed to go to the top. i didn't really care about that because i wanted to go down and not to come up again, i didn't feel so good. and i didn't want to make that discusting endless abrupt ascent to the second camp again  :-X. i had had enough. so i stayed at the base while most of the others went again to the final ascent. two people made it to the top, one man and one woman. even though she didn't have the needed acclimation and some said it is impossible to go like that.

Lenin is a really big mountain and every step of the way it was obvious how easy it is to make a mistake and get killed. at times the road went along a steep mountain side and one wrong move would make you slide to the abyss. or then there were big ice cracks we had to cross. i think someone fell in and died during our stay there. all the time we heard some ice cracking and rocks falling from somewhere. or the tracks of avalanches. or then crossing a ferocious mountain river. few years ago someone had slipped there and gone with the flow under the glacier.

also we had time to make a walk in Moscow, that was also interesting.

well, that's a short overview  :P it was a really interesting trip.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:38:07 PM by Taimyr »

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 09:14:03 PM »
 :) It all sounds very exciting T.. pleased you are here in Soma to share it! To be on a mnt.. in a thunder cloud.. in a tent.. with the wild lightening and snow.. oh my! AND! Ice cracking and the earth shaking under foot!

Love it.

Did you meet some interesting people that you will remain in contact with?

Any ponderings of what this created within.. what did you gain inward to create outward?
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »
what about some pics with a little blurb intersperced...
and some relating of emotional moments

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 09:38:32 PM »
Did you meet some interesting people that you will remain in contact with?

Most of the people there were local herders, they speak their own language and also russian. my russian is not so good, though it surely impruved. most of our group members i already knew. generally i wasn't oriented on making new contacts.

Any ponderings of what this created within.. what did you gain inward to create outward?

Different places, new experiences and being away hopefully created some new energy to carry on with life here with freshness.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 09:46:42 PM »
what about some pics with a little blurb intersperced...
and some relating of emotional moments

Emotionally everything was kind of simple. i felt like switched off, just living a simple life, thinking of simple things, like when to eat, when to go, what to bring with me, how much more to go and so on. most of the time i didn't even think about my life and relations in estonia and didn't miss home. only at the end i started thinking what i would do here. maybe some more reflections will come in time.

pictures soon, it takes time... i'm not very happy with the soap box quality. and i didn't take very many photos either, most of the time it seemed kind of irrelevant.

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 09:58:23 PM »
M, i didn't get you a furry hat, but if you like, you can have a local traditional hat  ;)

Offline Taimyr

• Rishi
    • My photos
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 03:14:17 AM »
Here's the gallery, i will comment later

http://www.taimifoto.eu/pamir08/index.html

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 03:17:01 AM »
 :) Thank you!

tangerine dream

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 03:20:17 AM »
Wow!

You have an amazing eye!!
   8)

nichi

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 03:21:24 AM »
Enjoying these tremendously, T! 

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 03:24:29 AM »
I agree its great sharing.. again thank you.

Im curious about these people, Im unfamiliar with the area.. if you wouldnt mind pointing me in a culture direction Ill explore some. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk