Author Topic: The Visitor  (Read 512 times)

dc_chance

The Visitor
« on: February 05, 2008, 01:21:59 AM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:22:29 AM by . »

Jahn

Re: The Visitor
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 05:25:00 AM »
I thought... where can I go? What can I do? How can I get away from this "thing".

Suddenly, I remembered the small church.

Heavy experience! But it was not the Devil, he wants you alive. Hell is on Earth not in Heaven.

There are some non-physical guides that can scare the shit out of us if they want to, not for fun, but to make us change or move faster. Especially when we are stuck at some point they may appear. I vote for that it was such a guide.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 05:26:57 AM by Jahn »

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 07:40:18 AM »
My own allys, which I call "the inorganics", are FROM me.  They are MY mental projections, created by MY intense desire.  Yes, meerly mine own thought forms. 

The freedom we each have at our disposal, the inner divinity we all can embrace and WILL embrace one day, one lifetime, comes when we finally have grown to the point which we NEED it.

It is all within steps of lessons.

I know this surely makes no sense at all, does it?

It isn't supposed to for it's only our energy at work. 

I know this for I more than once came to taking my own life because of "the demons" whom I thought were in me, or I had conjured or came for me, since I was twelve.  Within the fear of these manifestations I grew to find a power which I now use.  And how did I come to realize what these inorganics were?  By facing them and by facing myself. 

Ha!  They now sing to me, lead me by the hand, fly around me and in and out my cave.  But what they are I cannot tell you because it really doesn't matter to me anymore.  The point is moot.  It's like asking why there are robins and muskrats and moths and ........... 

Learn of fear.  Learn of life.  Learn that there is no death except thru a lackidaisical demeanor.

And feel lucky as all hell that you can still learn.

OM

t2f
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:42:27 AM by tommy2 »
t2f

Offline Angela

• Acharya
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 09:21:36 AM »
My own allys, which I call "the inorganics", are FROM me.  They are MY mental projections, created by MY intense desire.  Yes, meerly mine own thought forms. 

The freedom we each have at our disposal, the inner divinity we all can embrace and WILL embrace one day, one lifetime, comes when we finally have grown to the point which we NEED it.

It is all within steps of lessons.

I know this surely makes no sense at all, does it?

It isn't supposed to for it's only our energy at work. 

I know this for I more than once came to taking my own life because of "the demons" whom I thought were in me, or I had conjured or came for me, since I was twelve.  Within the fear of these manifestations I grew to find a power which I now use.  And how did I come to realize what these inorganics were?  By facing them and by facing myself. 

Ha!  They now sing to me, lead me by the hand, fly around me and in and out my cave.  But what they are I cannot tell you because it really doesn't matter to me anymore.  The point is moot.  It's like asking why there are robins and muskrats and moths and ........... 

Learn of fear.  Learn of life.  Learn that there is no death except thru a lackidaisical demeanor.

And feel lucky as all hell that you can still learn.

OM

t2f

It Does make sense Tommy...Perfect sense.  :)

"If you stop seeing the world in terms of what you like and dislike, and saw things for what they truly are, in themselves, you would have a great deal more peace in your life..."

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 11:11:19 AM »
Heavy experience! But it was not the Devil, he wants you alive. Hell is on Earth not in Heaven.

There are some non-physical guides that can scare the shit out of us if they want to, not for fun, but to make us change or move faster. Especially when we are stuck at some point they may appear. I vote for that it was such a guide.

Yes
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

Offline Michael

• Administrator
  • Rishi
    • Michael's Music Page
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 08:22:24 PM »
death was certainly there - your death. it was your fear of your own death that enabled you to get hooked to this thing. Can't say for sure, but I suspect what you met was one of those spirits that delight in going around terrifying people. In which case, they are a waste of time, except that it moved you into a space where you began to get a glimpse of your own death.

If it had been me, I would have left that room immediately on entering and feeling the spirit - would have demanded another room, then gone off to sleep. I don't have time for those kinds of spirits, as they have no knowledge - they can only terrify people through the fear of death.

However, it could have been something else, but I would be surprised if it were that, as it would not have let you go, and anyway, you would have had to be closer to the cliff edge to met it.

So I'd say, it woke you up, to realising there are more things in the world....  and that was a blessing. next time, just change rooms and don't believe such things don't exist.

Jahn

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 03:20:40 AM »

Another passage in this same chapter discusses dJ's use of the owl call. This struck me since I have been imitating owl's call recently... have called owls to me... and the book makes me wonder if I called "entities" to me as well.

Why would you call for an owl in the first place?

Do you have something for it or do you expect the owl to bring something to you more than itself?

Offline tommy2

• Pir
  • An opportunity to achieve a great end.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 04:45:32 AM »
Very simple yet very good question, Jahn.  I asked myself that very question/s years ago when re-examining my own summoning of spirits.  I had something for them and, also, wanted something from them.  But, in the first years of summoning and calling, I think I was really testing the waters of myself, seeking something to believe, I guess. 

t2f
t2f

nichi

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 04:51:25 AM »
Why would you call for an owl in the first place?

I have in the past done this ... to say hello, to feel the rushing softness of wings.
But .... it was pointed out to me that it's not good for the owl to be called out of its own territory, so I stopped. I do like trading "hoo-hoo's" with them when they're already there, though. It's like .. connecting.

nichi

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 05:29:57 AM »
How could it be just fluff when you prove it to yourself all the time?
At some point, you know what you know, deep down.
Intimacy isn't just "neat" .. it's something rare and unique ...
If it warms you inside, let yourself be warmed.  :)
Let the messages filter down to you later..

Jahn

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 06:28:14 AM »

Reconsider my question from a mature warriors point of view.

All I will say on this matter will hurt. but tomorrow I shall say it.

Offline Jennifer-

• Rishi
  • Let us dance of freedom~
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 10:35:25 AM »
 :-*
Without constant complete silence meditation - samadi - we lose ourselves in the game.  MM

nichi

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
It just strikes me that you throw into doubt and self-questioning your own experiences. It's good and maybe healthy to not let ourselves believe things of grandeur, but on the other hand, the sacred is the sacred is the sacred... Seems like you've hit upon it, but won't let yourself have the joy.  Maybe that's your path ... but I wouldn't be so quick to disregard an owl's trust in me. I'd be grateful .. I'd cherish. It's a loop .. spirit talks to us in so many ways.

Maybe that's just me.
Hope you find the beauty and peace and joy in all of it, however you reconcile it.

tangerine dream

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 12:31:17 AM »
Interesting side note... I read the chapter last night where don Juan and Carlos were engulfed in the fog... the time when Carlos saw the bridge. This morning we are blanketed in a thick fog. As I write this note at 8:40 AM, I can see perhaps 50 yards at the moment and the sun is well over the horizon.

How very odd!
The same thing happened to me lst time I read Ixtlan.  Not only were people all over talking about fog, friends in London and all over the world, but I also woke up with a thick blanket of fog covering the neighbourhood the morning after reading that chapter.  I took pictures of it because it was so eerie looking and feeling.  Very interesting don't you think?
So you are liking the book?  Yay!

Jahn

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 01:01:12 AM »

All I will say on this matter will hurt. but tomorrow I shall say it.

But tomorrow never comes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk